Author Topic: GV Damage model Broke?  (Read 227 times)

Offline Bear69

• Zinc Member
GV Damage model Broke?
« on: January 04, 2008, 04:10:39 PM »
I'm in a tank, Kill anoyther tank with 1 or 2 or even 3 shots, but a plane that flew by and strafed the tank at one point before i killed him gets the kill.  If this was a 1 time thing ok, but it's happening all the time.  Today alone I got 8 assists after killing 8 tanks and the planes flying around got the kills after what appeared to only be a few of thier rounds hitting the gv.  I've checked the other way too and i've gotten kills for gv's i strafe lightly with 50's or 20's when a tank kills a gv or if a bomb is dropped on him.  Seems suddenly that planes strafing gives far more damage than AP rounds or 500lb bombs do :(

Bear69
Bear

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
GV Damage model Broke?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 04:19:45 PM »
Yep, that's what happens.  All those guys flying in planes hitting GV's with machine guns and cannons (with a few notable exceptions; i.e. the Hurri MkIID, the Yak-9T and the IL-2) are doing is kill-stealing from GVers.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
GV Damage model Broke?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 04:36:16 PM »
Has been around for a long time. You just currently have the misfortune to suffer from it a bit more.

Reason for that kill credit problems:

Originally posted by Pyro
Ahh, I know why this happens.  It's the tracks.  They are a damageable component and can soak up a large quantity of damage from light cannon and MG which unbalances the kill awarding.  I'll have to see if there's a way that HT can alter the awarding of GV kills to take that into account.

We can only hope someday in a brighter future someone will come up with a solution :p
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman