Author Topic: Strange blackout  (Read 319 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Strange blackout
« on: January 03, 2008, 05:42:36 PM »
Ive had this several times, but only in the last few weeks and only in the yak9u

i will be in a fight turning and such, "blackout" creeping in or out during the manuevers.. the AFTER all of this I make a small relativly low G turn at medium speed and WHAM.. everything instantly black.. and it stays this way for a fairly long time, the better part of 10 seconds..  the darkness wasnt "closing in" or anything, i had full FOV and made a minor adjustment 10 degrees or less..

then i start to come back and I turn my head just a little (track IR) and WHAM back to total dark.. no movment of the stick was made.

if I haven augered by now im in for another 10 sec or so of darkness.

ive never had this problem until recently

:huh

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Strange blackout
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »
Were you pilot wounded?

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Strange blackout
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 06:59:02 PM »
nope, no PW and no damage to the aircraft.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Strange blackout
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 10:23:44 PM »
I think the black outs accumulate, you need time to recover. If you pull 6 g's, then back off for a min, you can pull 6 g's again pretty much the same as the first time. But if you don't rest in between the black outs, the second black out comes on faster.

So if you keep pulling g's then easing off over and over again it will get to a point that you can look at your stick funny and you'll black out.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Strange blackout
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »
That's normal.  It happens to me pretty often (a few times per camp).

If you pull near blackout for an extended period your tolerence seems to drop.  Once in an extended blackout, there is normally a short period of recovery followed by another, although somewhat briefer, extended blackout.  It really doesn't matter what you do during the brief awakening, you'll still get the second blackout.  I think it's probably this way to simulate gradually re-gaining conciousness.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Strange blackout
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 10:12:11 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
That's normal.  It happens to me pretty often (a few times per camp).

Ditto, I know what he's talking about.  Happens after some hard pulling on the stick with the standard blackout.  I straighten out and I jerk hard on the stick about 2-3 seconds later and I'll go insta black.  It's normal in whatever plane I fly.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either