Author Topic: OK, This Is Probably Pretty Silly...  (Read 965 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
OK, This Is Probably Pretty Silly...
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 06:47:58 PM »
Sound advice.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 06:49:08 PM »
glad you made it brother.

:aok
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 08:36:41 PM »
Ive read the same things Captain says.  Stents are a short term solution to a problem.  There was a recent article (Google it) debating whether people should be stented or put on statins.  The study seemed to say, without saying it, that Dr's are relying too much on stents, when statins could reap the same gains.

And for bigger blockages, bypass surgery reaps the most success.

If you already have stents and blockages, are they having you take asprin and other meds?  

I take 2 baby asprin a day (162mg total) since I inherited Luten Factor V, a clotting blood disorder.  Just part of my preventative regiment Ive discussed with my Dr.  My Dad had a blood clot in his leg that was caught early.  But he's on blood thinners and the like.  

(I also made some diet changes 3 years ago, thanks to Toad's info on cholesterol.  I gave up all soda, drink lots of green tea and water.  I read great de-calcifying articles about pommegranate juice, so I added that to the diet.  Im trying to avoid the issues my father and grandparents had)

Point being, I'm hoping they just dont medicate you and not gve you some good nutritional advice too.  

Good luck, man

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Re: OK, This Is Probably Pretty Silly...
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 08:43:57 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
At 8am I am scheduled to take a nuclear stress test. I have a bad, bad feeling about this. I've had it for several weeks. I'm probably just worrying about nothing, but with the way my luck has run lately (and it has been really bad the last year) I just can't shake it.  

That nagging feeling is the knowledge that you know you're not treating yourself well. Too much alcohol, tobacco, food... not enough exercise.

Best of luck. ;)
sand

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Re: OK, This Is Probably Pretty Silly...
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008, 08:51:37 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
That nagging feeling is the knowledge that you know you're not treating yourself well. Too much alcohol, tobacco, food... not enough exercise.

Best of luck. ;)

Weird, I just mentioned you in another thread today lol.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2008, 09:03:28 PM »
I'll be praying for you Mike.   <> to you bro.    Keep your chin up and look forward, not down and away.  

Jay
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2008, 09:44:29 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Ive read the same things Captain says.  Stents are a short term solution to a problem.  There was a recent article (Google it) debating whether people should be stented or put on statins.  The study seemed to say, without saying it, that Dr's are relying too much on stents, when statins could reap the same gains.

And for bigger blockages, bypass surgery reaps the most success.

If you already have stents and blockages, are they having you take asprin and other meds?  

I take 2 baby asprin a day (162mg total) since I inherited Luten Factor V, a clotting blood disorder.  Just part of my preventative regiment Ive discussed with my Dr.  My Dad had a blood clot in his leg that was caught early.  But he's on blood thinners and the like.  

(I also made some diet changes 3 years ago, thanks to Toad's info on cholesterol.  I gave up all soda, drink lots of green tea and water.  I read great de-calcifying articles about pommegranate juice, so I added that to the diet.  Im trying to avoid the issues my father and grandparents had)

Point being, I'm hoping they just dont medicate you and not gve you some good nutritional advice too.  

Good luck, man
The stents they used on me are the drug eluting type (Cordis Cypher RX CXS23300) that constantly give off statins for years. I'm also taking Plavix, Lipitor, Verapamil, Atenolol and asprin. I now watch my cholesterol and fat intake and am heavy on anti-oxidant foods. I drink POM and green tea daily and lots of oatmeal.

Man, what I'd give for a chicken fried steak smothered in cream gravy some days....
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2008, 08:04:28 AM »
Sounds like you are trying to do all the right things.  Have you added fish oil and flaxseed to the mix?  (I mix in some ground flaxseed to some yogurt every morning).  Omega-3s help out a lot.

I've noticed my blood pressure has gone down a few notches.  I used to be in the 120/80 range...which is good, but now I've brought it down to 108/60 at my last checkup.

Keep at it, I do wish you well.  (Who else will argue with me?)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 08:29:56 AM »
I've tried Fish oil and Omega3 suppliments. The statins I take kind of negate the effects, tho. Some days I feel like that pic of Bobby Riggs wolfing down a plate of pills. (caution: seriously dated reference)

And yeah, you got to have someone on the other side of the fence. Otherwise you just look weird arguing with no one.;)
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2008, 08:55:46 AM »
good luck with your test!:aok
Flying since tour 71.