Author Topic: x52 hat switch sticking  (Read 268 times)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
x52 hat switch sticking
« on: January 08, 2008, 10:53:56 AM »
and it's of course the one i use to change view, gets annoying in a dog fight but it doesn't always do it. anyway to fix it without taking it apart? thanks

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
x52 hat switch sticking
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 11:14:43 AM »
I wish there was joytick repair shop somewhere. I have a MSFF2, an X45, & a X52 in my closet with different foul ups. I just don't have the heart to throw them away lol.
IN Game: Sidious

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
x52 hat switch sticking
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 01:22:44 PM »
If by sticking you mean it doesn't change views, that's the single most irritating problem with Saitek sticks and is the major reason I stopped buying Saitek products. There is no way to fix it without sending it in for repair because the switches are teenie-tiny switches mounted to a PC board.

Your choices are the same as mine were...

A) Keep a spare on hand to rotate out when the other is in for repair (I did this for years)

B) Buy CH (I just did this a little while ago)

Edit: Taking apart the X45 shown was an adventure in and of itself. I'd imagine the X52 is the same way.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 01:49:50 PM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
x52 hat switch sticking
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 02:46:52 PM »
no, i get stuck looking left a bunch. I have to give a harder push for it to let go, it's actually sticking when i press it to the left.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
x52 hat switch sticking
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 08:21:58 AM »
When you need to add force to change views, that's the beginning of the end of the switches. You'll find it will start to happen with all views soon. Usually the 6 view is first, but I guess you look left alot to start with.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.