Author Topic: Spies  (Read 2077 times)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Spies
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 06:16:51 PM »
Originally posted by BiPoLaR
Look this is for squads only. Go cry to someone who really cares

and i think BiPoLaR is going for VansCrews title of being in the most squads in AH :D
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Spies
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 06:21:57 PM »
just thought i would help the reading pro out here.

this is the first rule on the posted forum rules for AH. posted by Pyro

1-   Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

this is the forum info for squadrons.

Squadrons
Information, recruitment, and announcements about AH squadrons.

incase you dont believe me here is the link to the forum rules

BBS Rules For HTC

:noid :noid :noid :noid :noid
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 06:24:25 PM by kilz »
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline ALLEN86

• Zinc Member
Spies
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 06:59:34 PM »
Originally posted by kilz
just thought i would help the reading pro out here.

this is the first rule on the posted forum rules for AH. posted by Pyro

1-   Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

this is the forum info for squadrons.

Squadrons
 INFORMATION, recruitment, and announcements about AH squadrons.

funny, im sure we were stating it was the underlined one useful to squads, which is why we posted here....

but good attempt at B.S.ing your way into trying to sound right
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 07:01:53 PM by ALLEN86 »
"lose sight, lose the fight"

Proud to be a JUG DWEEB!

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Spies
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 07:36:58 PM »
who ever said they read the rules read them again. this forums is ment for squads only FOR SQUADS only. if you are recruiting or starting a new squad post it here this REQUARDLESS WHAT YOU WANT TO THINK IS THE WRONG PLACE FOR THIS POST. try another forum dweeb

_____________________________ _____________________________ __
Kilz

Its a matter of prespective, and I believe it is revelant.  Since HTC owns the board, let them boot it.  Even if they do, I still would not agree.

Read rule 2 since you seem to be so concerned...Sure looks like your highjacking a thread.

If your not interested quit reading this thread.  

As for the Squads only, were a squad wheather you like it or not. As for caring what I think, beleve me I have absolutely no interest in your opnion.

I'll be the better man, and not call you any names because I'm an adult........then again I may be posting a text in response to a kid.......what the heck am I doing.  I'll stop now.........I don't argue with children....
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Spies
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 08:09:34 PM »
Actually this would be an issue internal to a squad, not an issue for this forum. We (71st) are one of the largest in the game and have never had an issue....ever. We dont accept or consider or cultivate relationships with anyone who would even remotely consider that type of action.

On the very rare occasions we allow someone in who doesnt meet our standards we correct the problem or ask them politely to move on. We are an "old school" squad that values are reputation for playing the game with honor and integrity.

If your squad has an issue with cheaters then you should really deal with it internally and review both your selection process and the conduct of your senior members to address why you made poor choices or why new squaddies think that type of behavior is "OK". Dont assume that because you have problems running your squad that others have or tolerate the same issues.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Spies
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 08:31:11 PM »
Actually we have not had a problem in our squad with spys.  Its more were having issues with spys that are in other squads, and I will say yours is not one of them.

We are a new squad, and many of us are new members who have become addicted to this game.  I wish I would have found out about this game years ago.

We may make mistakes, and I will give credit where credit is due, this may be the wrong forum, but in my opinion, with respect, I think it may be the right place since most of the spys we have encountered have been in squads.

Now like I said in an earlier post, I don't think the problem will be resolved, but it would be nice if more squads took and attitude like your squad does.

One last comment, I know most of the squads in Aces High are honorable squads with honorable members.  Over the last four months that I have been a part of this communtiy, I have met many members that I hold in high respect, even ones that shoot me down on a regular basis.  When it gets into a name calling issue, then my respect for that person goes straight into the toliet.

Thank for an honorable response.
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Spies
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 08:54:14 PM »
I appreciate everyones inputs, however it was not meant for your responses as negative as they seem, it was meant for squad CO's and alike to help participate in this process collectively by simply using common sense on identifying people that are actively CHEATING in this game not only spies.

I could care less how long you have been flying, or if your new, we are all affected by someone trying to CHEAT in this game using codes, spying, or any other means neccesary to get an advantage.  

If your not happy about this string,,, dont read it and dont put up your smart #$% remarks.  

Simply put, its for SQUAD CO's to read and carry on, adhere or disregard.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Spies
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
Here lies a fundemental part of the learning curve for some of you...

The game will follow its own dynamics beyond what an individual squad can influence or accomplish. The primary benifit of a squad is in the caliber of people you surround yourself with and the level of enjoyment it gives you.

If those people have a largely common set of values and expectations then the group prospers. Now Dadguns if you were in "my squad" we'd be having a little sitdown right about now since you're clearly stating that the CO and/or XO of a squad is somehow superior and that the individual member is somehow less valuable. This is a poor message for a senior member of a squad to send...

The fact that you feel affected by what is in reality a minor annoyance indicates the growing you have to do. Further I would suggest carefully considering your choice of wording on the following counts...

The linkage of the two "C" words is in poor taste and not acceptable as per BBS rules. The "we" that matters most here is the squad and the 71st (my we) {as well as most established squads} arent affected at all by spying.

The real issue here isnt what you think (especially since you've made it clear that you dont care what others think) given your lack of experience overall and your choice of words. There are a lot of great squads big, small, old and new..with a tremendous depth of leadership. However, the fact that any two week noob can (and sometimes does) create a "squad" and put a magical "CO" tagged to his/her name does not automatically stop that person from being an idiot.

Spies are not a "squad" issue, they are a character issue. Focus on finding people of good character and your squad wont have a problem. You can't control who plays the game...but you can control who you play the game with.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Spies
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 10:08:57 PM »
Humble,

Let me make sure I understand this.  Since most of the spys we have encountered are members of establish squads.  No, I didn't mentioned that earlier, but I will now, are you saying that members of a squad that spy is not an issue with that squad?  

If that is in fact what you are saying, I will differ, because each member of a squad reflects on the entire membership, and in my opnion it is a squad issue.  I know that I would not be a member of a squad that utilize spys, and/or shade accounts to gather intel.  To me it takes the fun away from the game which is what most of us come here for.  That again is my opnion.

At least I think that is what you have been trying to tell us, but then again, in my old age, maybe I am getting a bit dense.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Spies
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2008, 10:14:40 PM »
wow,,, am I missing something here?

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline BirdDog1

• Zinc Member
Spies
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 10:55:14 PM »
Humble,

I think you are missing the point here....the fundamental part of the learning curve occured when we were 6 years old......we learned the difference between right and wrong.....we learned not to cheat...... spying in this game is cheating, plain and simple........you also reference "" You can't control who plays the game...but you can control who you play the game with."" How? How can I remove a spy from my mission? how can you remove someone from your VOX? you can't........My point is very simple, the cheaters detract from my pleasure, and I would like them removed.....

BirdDog

-------------------------

If you're not the lead dog.......you know what they say........
BirdDog
Trading Fools- CO

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Spies
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2008, 11:10:39 PM »
Originally posted by bmwgs
Humble,

Let me make sure I understand this.  Since most of the spys we have encountered are members of establish squads.  No, I didn't mentioned that earlier, but I will now, are you saying that members of a squad that spy is not an issue with that squad?  

If that is in fact what you are saying, I will differ, because each member of a squad reflects on the entire membership, and in my opnion it is a squad issue.  I know that I would not be a member of a squad that utilize spys, and/or shade accounts to gather intel.  To me it takes the fun away from the game which is what most of us come here for.  That again is my opnion.

At least I think that is what you have been trying to tell us, but then again, in my old age, maybe I am getting a bit dense.

If a squad has a "spy" then that is a squad issue internally, and yes that squad has a problem. Thats exactly what I was saying, and a well run squad doesnt have an ongoing spy problem IMO...and I agree with you completely on your following points. All you can do is police your squad and report anything you see to skuzzy...or call out the squad/offender on the General BBS.

Personally I cant think of a single established squad that has spies outside of the "scorepotato" squads and they dont count IMO.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Spies
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2008, 11:15:00 PM »
Birddog the 71st can put up (collectively with our friends) 50 pilots or more almost anytime we choose to set up a sweep and often significantly more. We dont ever have the issues you do. We dont rely on others for "missions" outside of other squads we know and respect. So we dont have the problem your having....just that simple.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Spies
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2008, 12:04:39 AM »
Originally posted by BirdDog1
we learned not to cheat...... spying in this game is cheating, plain and simple

Since when?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Spies
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2008, 01:33:48 AM »
I'm the leader of a squad and totally irresponsible.  I'm not even sure what country we're flying for half the time and my guys won't tell me!

Now I'm being told I need to police the activity of the guys in my squad?  I'm not even sure where they are half the time....and some are from Texas!  How am I supposed to control them!?!

This game is so hard some times........:huh
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters