Author Topic: Lost Points  (Read 345 times)

Offline aarque

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Lost Points
« on: January 07, 2008, 09:20:27 AM »
I have had approximately 80 perk points removed from my account, apparently since a tour changed. When last checked I had about 93 fighter, 43 bomber and 25 vehicle. The last time I joined I had somehow selected a Spit14 instead of the 16 I'd chosen, I remember the skin was the same color as the plane I "had" when I joined this morning. At the end of the last time I joined, I had to leave suddenly, so I terminated the program. I can understand losing the points committed to the Spit14, even though I didn't realize it was happening at the time. What alerted me to the situation was the message, upon joining, "you don't have enough points for that model." I thought "what?" what possible plane could I have flown that now costs more than 93 points? Then I noticed my fighter perk points were 1.07, the others were at the amount I'd expected.
 I searched for any records that show a long string of lost points, like several sorties in the mistaken Spit14, not likely because I check my total almost every sortie, besides, I wouldn't keep flying the 14 when I wanted the 16, it was like a single sortie. the only record I could find was this:
http://forums.hitechcreations.com/newscores/killstat.php?selectTour=LWTour96&player=aarque&kt=6

Please note the statement at the bottom "Tour data potentially corrupted" I'll say. Can I recover these points?
Now say, "rk"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Lost Points
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 09:29:32 AM »
Originally posted by aarque
I check my total almost every sortie, besides, I wouldn't keep flying the 14 when I wanted the 16, it was like a single sortie. the only record I could find was this:

Only a side note, but you did fly more than one Spit 14 sortie. You lost four of them this tour and no Spit 16.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline aarque

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Lost Points
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »
No problem, do they ever actually cost more than 21 points? I usually see them around 11 and currently they are 18. And how might I view the record you checked, the only way I found mine was copy/pasting my name into the url of another.
Now say, "rk"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Lost Points
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 10:14:55 AM »
On this website, go to Community/Scores.

To see how many planes of a certain type lost due to enemy actions , use "kill stats in an expanded format"
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Lost Points
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 11:26:12 AM »
thats punishment 4 flying the spixteen
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Lost Points
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 02:17:52 PM »
I've never heard of them giving perks back, some people complain about loosing perk when they get disconnected from the host.

Right now losing those perks may seem like a big deal, but once you get going and start flying other planes you'll be swimming in perks. Spit16's are not going to build you perk to quickly, f6f, P38G, P40 and such will build you perks quicker

Offline aarque

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Lost Points
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 08:23:56 AM »

once you get going and start flying other planes you'll be swimming in perks.
Cool, about how many years does that take (you could count my tours). And what about the "tour data potentially corrupted," I don't see it on anyone else's chart...
Now say, "rk"

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Lost Points
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 08:58:45 AM »
Originally posted by aarque
Cool, about how many years does that take (you could count my tours). And what about the "tour data potentially corrupted," I don't see it on anyone else's chart...

Try flying the 190 A8 for a few sorties. If you land any kills you'll soon notice your perk points for fighters climbing rapidly.

If you fly the A8 well it's possible for you regain 90 perks in a couple of days very comfortably.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Lost Points
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 10:44:53 AM »
The higher ENY plane you fly and the lower ENY plane you shoot down the more perks you get.

For instance, shooting down a Spit XVI with a Spit XVI and landing gets you about 1.25 perks.  Shooting down a Spit XVI with a Hurricane MkI and dying gets you about 11 perks.  

These numbers are dependant on a number of factors beyond simple ENY and are meant only to illustrate the point but learning to fly the more difficult planes has it's rewards.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.