Author Topic: Any Interest in a Mossi Only Attack Squad?  (Read 408 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Any Interest in a Mossi Only Attack Squad?
« on: June 04, 2008, 07:50:28 PM »
If there is one that already exists... then please point me in their direction.  But otherwise...

I'm curious if there is any interest in a "Mossi only" attack squadron.  I'd offer to organize it and set up some missions on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule.  It wouldnt be for rank, for glory, or for anything other than just to enjoy a flight a Mossi's enroute to "poop-n-scoot".  All the worry-warts who fret over unit rank, unit scoring, or unit prestige should probably look elswhere.  The purpose would be to #1>have fun (this is a game, not real life and if you dont enjoy it then why play?), #2>share the love of the Mossi, #3>strike targets of tactical importance (radar, ord, barracks, fuel, de-ack, etc) and move on.  If we own the skies we'd stay and continue to pound, but if we were hitting a "hot" target (target is well defended) we'd do what the Mossi does best: hit hard and move fast RTB.  I could see some veh base capture missions as well.

Raise your hand if you have interest and send me a PM!   :aok

Thanks!

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Any Interest in a Mossi Only Attack Squad?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 08:32:54 AM »
BUMPAGE.

After chattin' with some blokes regarding the proposal of a Mossi only unit, I'd like to add in a few thoughts just to make a few points clear.

First, this unit would be more of an "association" and not an acutal squad.  Meaning, that if someone wants to partake in unit actions they do not have to sever ties with their existing squad.  I've had a few people inquire with "Sounds good and I would but I'm in a squad already".  So if there is interest, do not hesitate to let me know because your current squad association would not change.  Also, since this Mossi unit would be "unofficial", your squad actions would take priority.  No issues there.

I'm trying only to assemble the Mossi fans into a loose assocaition, not take away from existing squads.  I would simply add you to an email list and we'd try to get a number of guys together for a Mossi attack or two.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Any Interest in a Mossi Only Attack Squad?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 12:16:26 PM »
I'll fly Mossies anytime. High, Low, it doesnt matter.

Only thing is I stay rook.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"