Author Topic: War is coming to the AvA  (Read 2191 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
War is coming to the AvA
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2008, 01:03:33 AM »
Crocett try it when the numbers are even. Usually 4-9pm PST. Early morn or late evening is not a good representation of the fun 30+ with even sides has. Also remember this is a war with the objective to take and hold until Jan 18 to receive new planes into the plane set.

This is a War with objectives.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
War is coming to the AvA
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2008, 03:06:17 AM »
Originally posted by crockett
Sad to say I decided to give this a try tonight being I love the Huri 1's. Looks like this has brought out the tyical MA dweebism to the AvA.

Was 2 rooks (I was only guy in the air) about about  6 or 7 bish or what ever the axis side is. Was nothing but gang tards and then they started vulching. Asked why the ganging and vulching in the AvA.. Answer.. "we have to capture the base".

So much for "War" I guess just about Real Estate now. Oh well back to the MA I go..

You came in 20 minutes after the guys you were flying with were doing the same thing to grab A21. The land grab comment came from some one on your own side. With the bases so close why not just up from another field and kil the cap?:huh

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
War is coming to the AvA
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2008, 03:49:29 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
You came in 20 minutes after the guys you were flying with were doing the same thing to grab A21. The land grab comment came from some one on your own side. With the bases so close why not just up from another field and kil the cap?:huh

I upped 1 sortie with all those other guys there.. They were a squad or something. I didn't see them vulching anyone they were just close to your base and in a furball. They all left after my first sortie. Those guys were all flying Spit 1's with a single F4F, so I find it very hard to believe they were actually vulching your base.

I was there to fly the Huri 1 because it's one of my favorite planes.  All the Axis where flying A6m2's and one 110. No way is a single H1 going to kill a cap of 4 A6m's and a 110.  I mean lets get real here specially when it takes all of what 2 mins to fly back and recap the base even if I kill all of you.

I asked you guys to at least give me a fair fight and told you I was the only guy in the air. Guess what you wouldn't so I left. I sure hope you got that  undefended base capture, I bet that was a lot of fun.
"strafing"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
War is coming to the AvA
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2008, 04:00:12 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
I upped 1 sortie with all those other guys there.. They were a squad or something. I didn't see them vulching anyone they were just close to your base and in a furball. They all left after my first sortie. Those guys were all flying Spit 1's with a single F4F, so I find it very hard to believe they were actually vulching your base.

You're right. I made it all up to sound cool on the BBS. After all, if you dont believe something happened then no way it happened correct? I apologize that you are restricted to flying the Hurri Mk I as well. I will post in the MOTD that you are to receive special treatment from now on and all players shall adjust to your wishes upon your arrival to the arena.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
War is coming to the AvA
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2008, 04:12:31 PM »
You're right. I made it all up to sound cool on the BBS. After all, if you dont believe something happened then no way it happened correct? I apologize that you are restricted to flying the Hurri Mk I as well. I will post in the MOTD that you are to receive special treatment from now on and all players shall adjust to your wishes upon your arrival to the arena.

Wow you sound so cool.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
War is coming to the AvA
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2008, 04:14:42 PM »

Sorry my bad, I didn't think the AvA had turned into the Jr MA, I thought it was a place to find a fight or two..my mistake. Have fun capturing bases and vulching rather than actually fighting.
"strafing"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
War is coming to the AvA
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2008, 04:22:31 PM »
Sorry man, I have to vulch to get kills. Its pathetic.:cry

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
War is coming to the AvA
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2008, 04:34:41 PM »
Sorry man, I have to vulch to get kills. Its pathetic.:cry

LOL that's the downside to the base capture stuff. Last night we were attempting a base capture. I vultched Jamusta on the runway, and felt dirty. My Karma still wasn't cleansed next sortie when he blew my C-47 away. I owe him another airframe or two.  The next base we attacked I purposely stayed away from the runways, so I wouldn't feel the need to suppress the uppers. The unappreciative bastages upped and killed me.
War is hell. ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
War is coming to the AvA
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2008, 11:40:39 PM »
JG11 in Axis.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -