Author Topic: First Video...but wheres the sound  (Read 355 times)

Offline GunRunner82

• Zinc Member
First Video...but wheres the sound
« on: January 06, 2008, 03:21:43 PM »
After capturing bits of footage in AH2 Filmviewer I go and open the new piece of work with window media player and drool over all my hard work. My problem is that not 1 bit of sound is present....what must I do to achieve super editor status?

Thanks in advance for all ur input

Gun
MICRO-STAR INTERANTIONAL CO.,LTD MS-7376 1.0
Enclosure Type: Desktop
Windows Vista Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 2 (build 6002)
2.30 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core
4Gigs DDR2 Ram

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 12:22:16 PM »
Asumming that your useing "Fraps' you have to unplug your mic, and in fraps turn on the sound recording.

what i do is film with no sound and add in what sounds i want in win movie maker, then overdub all of it with music. this will drown out most of the sound, so after you turn it into a movie, reload it in wmm and add back in the sounds you want to be heard over the music, you can change the volume of each sound file you add, you can also change the volume of any sound, altho you have to be careful with the sound on the movie you made other wise the level will be up and down thru the film.

you just have to experiment until you find what works best for you.

Don
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 01:23:39 PM »
Originally posted by yanksfan

what i do is film with no sound and add in what sounds i want in win movie maker, then overdub all of it with music. this will drown out most of the sound, so after you turn it into a movie, reload it in wmm and add back in the sounds you want to be heard over the music, you can change the volume of each sound file you add, you can also change the volume of any sound, altho you have to be careful with the sound on the movie you made other wise the level will be up and down thru the film.

Are you overdubbing the music after you have exported the film+sounds into wmm?  If you are, when you are overdubbing it, are you do it again in WMM?  I.E. you make the movie with added sounds in WMM, and then go back into WMM and add music?

If you are, you're losing video and sound quality when you are in a sense, compressing the movie a 2nd time.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 03:38:38 PM »
Originally posted by Fulmar
Are you overdubbing the music after you have exported the film+sounds into wmm?  If you are, when you are overdubbing it, are you do it again in WMM?  I.E. you make the movie with added sounds in WMM, and then go back into WMM and add music?

If you are, you're losing video and sound quality when you are in a sense, compressing the movie a 2nd time.

Well, once the basic film, sounds and music are in place, I do go back in and add voice (where nessasary (Aces of Aces High films)
http://www.freewebs.com/yanksfan001/acesofaceshighfilms.htm

but i really haven't noticed any big problem, however I would tell you that i am still learning.

Don
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 03:41:40 PM »
Honestly, I'm not familiar with WMM.  I've always ued Vegas or Premiere.  Can you only add one audio 'track' at a time when making a movie?

This is a screen shot of Premiere where you can overlap several 'tracks' of video or audio in the same sequence.  Does WMM give you this option?

Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »
Honestly, I'm not familiar with WMM.  I've always ued Vegas or Premiere.  Can you only add one audio 'track' at a time when making a movie?

This is a screen shot of Premiere where you can overlap several 'tracks' of video or audio in the same sequence.  Does WMM give you this option?

Wmm is just one track, that looks cool , i'll have to ck that out, ty

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 04:30:32 PM »
Adobe Premiere has a 30 day trial.  Otherwise a full versiojn run about $600 for the newest version.

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 05:31:43 PM »
Adobe Premiere has a 30 day trial.  Otherwise a full versiojn run about $600 for the newest version.

Down loading it now, looks really cool:aok

80th FS "Headhunters"