Author Topic: Shades of Air Warrior  (Read 357 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Shades of Air Warrior
« on: January 15, 2008, 06:01:07 PM »
To the Evil People who setup this arena and War: Thank you for the way back machine..............:aok

I keep having dejavu. The Cz vs. Bz Gra to Sha around the mountain over the channel fights we had on the RR small Europe map. The plane sets and fights are almost the same, but the real dejavu is the tactics. The axis attacks are so much like the Blanders I think for a moment I'm back in the 90's.

For anyone who never flew Air Warrior in the early 90's. Enjoy this while it lasts. This is how much fun it was way back then.

Thank you so much AvA Team.........:cool:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Shades of Air Warrior
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 06:14:24 PM »
Originally posted by bustr
To the Evil People who setup this arena and War: Thank you for the way back machine..............:aok

I keep having dejavu. The Cz vs. Bz Gra to Sha around the mountain over the channel fights we had on the RR small Europe map. The plane sets and fights are almost the same, but the real dejavu is the tactics. The axis attacks are so much like the Blanders I think for a moment I'm back in the 90's.

For anyone who never flew Air Warrior in the early 90's. Enjoy this while it lasts. This is how much fun it was way back then.

Thank you so much AvA Team.........:cool:

Crikey you're right! That's why I felt this new map was so familiar.:lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
Shades of Air Warrior
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 06:51:49 PM »
Thank you so much AvA Team....

ditto
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Shades of Air Warrior
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 09:22:11 PM »
I kept looking for the mob vulching B85 myself :)

It does look like an old AW map
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Re: Re: Shades of Air Warrior
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 11:45:49 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Crikey you're right! That's why I felt this new map was so familiar.:lol
:eek:   Damn if he ain't hit it right on the haid!  
AirWarrior Screens Man the pony cockpit sure has evolved since then!

I remember them dayze well.  Wife only remembers the $6 bucks USD HOURLY fee GEnie charged

didja know it has been rumored HTC had a hand in that game too?  Something with tracers and a couple flight models I think.
:noid

From the WikiAir Warrior was the forerunner of a genre. Two of the most popular multiplayer air-combat simulators of 2005 - Aces High and WarBirds - have an even stronger link to Air Warrior. Many of the main developers for these two are former Air Warrior pilots and former members of the Air Warrior community. In particular, Dale "HiTech" Addink and Doug "Pyro" Balmos were lead software developer and project manager, respectively, for the original version of WarBirds. They then went on to found HiTech Creations, producer of Aces High.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 11:52:53 AM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Shades of Air Warrior
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 12:40:11 PM »
Air Warrior was get home from work and go to bed at 4am. Come home friday night with 2 cases of beer and my room mate and I fly till sunday night without a break with our monitors side by side. That was our wingman VOX. My room mate and I both worked for Media Vison sound card company. We were encouraged to play all the games we could to test our sound cards. Media Vision had a relationship with Thrust Master so we got joysticks and throttles along with repaire parts. We used up some joysticks.......:D

I don't know what happened to him after about 10 years ago, he was the damnd squads first player named slidr around 1989-90. Good wing man.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.