Author Topic: '09 Corvette ZR-1 unveiled!!!  (Read 1563 times)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
'09 Corvette ZR-1 unveiled!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »
As a former Vette owner (99 C5) I would buy one in a minute if I could afford it. Unless you have driven a vette....I'd say you just don't know what your missing.

Mine I drove everyday....and it was a dream to drive everytime. Handled awsome....power to spare. It was like a dream come true when I owned mine.

I absolutley love em.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2008, 06:25:31 PM »
I've driven two- a '95 and an '04. Felt like I was laying on a skateboard being fired out of a slingshot. Prefer my Mustang.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2008, 06:34:12 PM »
Originally posted by Treize69
I've driven two- a '95 and an '04. Felt like I was laying on a skateboard being fired out of a slingshot. Prefer my Mustang.

I don't see how laying on a skateboard being fired out of a slingshot is worse than standing on a skateboard pointed downhill and going nowhere.

Hehe...
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 06:35:41 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
I don't see how laying on a skateboard being fired out of a slingshot is worse than standing on a skateboard pointed downhill and going nowhere.

Hehe...

Well, for starters... I can see over guard rails...
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 06:37:53 PM »
Well, for starters... I can see over guard rails...

Guard rails shmard rails...

Don't need to see no steenkin' guard rails...

Don't you have some beef with Ford you need to pay attention to?

:D
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008, 06:40:18 PM »
I really really like driving my Dad's Z06...  His is a 2003 model I think.  That means that a regular '08 vette coupe has about as much power as his Z06, and ought to be a little bit more comfy to drive on a daily basis.

I think they look really nice.  Can't remember who mentioned it already in the thread, but it sure seems like a lot of corvette bashers are probably just jealous.  That means you too dago :)

As for the GT-R comparisons...  The Z06 and GT-R are allegedly going to be priced about the same, but the GT-R is not for sale yet and it will be pretty difficult to get one when they do arrive, so the cars really can't be compared until a regular joe (with about $90k in his pocket) can go into a dealer and drive one off the lot the same day.  You can do that with a Z06 in any reasonably sized city, easy, and you won't get too badly ripped on bogus "market value" markups either.  When you can buy both of those cars on the same day, and take them both to a track and let the same driver give them both a workout, then we can talk comparisons on price and performance.

Until then, you might as well be comparing AH2 with whatever "sim" voss is making up lies about this week :)  Some pretty pictures, a nurburgring timeslip, and a mythical estimated MSRP is not the same thing as an honest review and comparison.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 06:42:29 PM »
Don't you have some beef with Ford you need to pay attention to?

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2008, 07:12:04 PM »
Originally posted by eagl
I really really like you too dago :)

Aw gee shucks eagl, I like you too.  :D  

Give me a Shelby anyday!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2008, 07:16:06 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
Aw gee shucks eagl, I like you too.  :D  

Give me a Shelby anyday!

Roger that, one Shelby coming up!

:aok

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2008, 07:17:41 PM »
Jeez Diablo, at least show the good Shelby Chrysler...

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2008, 07:19:01 PM »
once upon a time Shelby was a good driver and a good car builder, now he just sells his name.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2008, 07:23:57 PM »
Dodge Shelbys are just wannabees that tried to trade on the awesome Ford history.  Dodges suck.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2008, 07:30:39 PM »
Jeez Diablo, at least show the good Shelby Chrysler...

Oxymoron if there ever was one.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2008, 07:33:22 PM »
:rolleyes:

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
Oxymoron if there ever was one.

Yea well.... the glhs series would smoke both the Fbody and fox body the years they were produced.  Keep on grinning.:aok
See Rule #4