Author Topic: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles  (Read 926 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 06:34:50 AM »
I liked it.
The only thing I dont understand is why the swat team didnt do anything when they say the terminator entering the bank?

Robot or not. Cops typically hate when someone breaches their secure lines into an area
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 08:03:38 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
I liked it.
The only thing I dont understand is why the swat team didnt do anything when they say the terminator entering the bank?

Robot or not. Cops typically hate when someone breaches their secure lines into an area

True....I thought the same thing but then I thought well.....what are they going to do...shoot somone entering a crime scene....the guy could be blind or retarded.

How would they stop him without compromising their position?

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 08:09:23 AM »
Originally posted by trax1
It was ok, I'm waiting for Terminator 4, it's supposed to come out in 2009.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438488/

http://countingdown.com/movies/2756420

"Set in the future, in a full-scale war between Skynet and humankind. "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins" will pick up with John Connor in his 30s leading what's left of the human race against the machines."

:D :D :D :aok

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »
My 2 sense, Loved the movies, show look awesome  can`t wait to see the second half tonight:aok

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 09:43:48 AM »
I'm guessing the show will have some good 'fish out of water' humor, like Life.  "iPod?  What the hell is an iPod?"

Watching the show last night reminded me of 'Starman'.  Gubmint chasing them, on the run, special powers.  

Unanswered bits:
* Who was the engineer who did the vault?  When will we meet him/her?
* How many Terminators will they be fighting in 2007?
* Any T-1000s or all mechanical?
* Guest appearances from Schwarzenegger eventually if the show continues?
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 09:59:13 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
He'd have to go a long way to be more irritating than Edward Furlong.

I cant imagine anyone being more irritating than Edward Furlong,  except for maybe Edward Norton... I dont know why but that guys just bugs the crap out of me and I can stand to watch him...

Oh and wow, Summer Glau  :aok she looks like a little kid in Firefly and Serenity

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 10:46:13 AM »
I liked it.

I dunno, I could see that as a real life reaction. All the "hut huts" dressed down and ready to make entry when some jacked up bloody guy just pulls up and walks in. They all had the "dude, wtf?:huh " looks down pretty good.:D

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 11:14:54 AM »
Personally I don't think Summer Glau fit the role of a terminator. She can barely fit her bones under her skin let alone an endo-skeleton. Any man or woman playing terminators need to be able to play Klingons convincingly as well. Of course a Klingon sized woman might not be sufficient for a teenage audience to get wet over.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
Maybe the endoskeletons come w/ adjustable leg/arm struts.  It'd be quite a little cinematic moment sometime in the series if, say, she was in a situation where something vital was just a little bit out of reach and she had to extend her arm (ripping the flesh and exposing 6" of steel or so) to get at it.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 12:50:33 PM »
If they do Sara Connor would have died in the first film. ;)

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 12:55:19 PM »
Ah, true.  Maybe it's a feature added in later revisions.

DEFECT: Endo-arm unable to reach target just out of range
BUGFIX: A 6" extendable actuator is now a standard feature while further development of the T-1000 series morph technology is developed.  This is installed in all 800 series chassis following serial number #194438.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »
There was something on lastnight besides Comanche Moon???
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 04:02:56 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
I dunno, I could see that as a real life reaction. All the "hut huts" dressed down and ready to make entry when some jacked up bloody guy just pulls up and walks in. They all had the "dude, wtf?:huh " looks down pretty good.:D

LMAO yes they did at that.
Not to mention exposed metal parts.

Another question.
How long before they are befriended by one of the cops who actually beleives there is a sinister robot on the loose looking to kill John and Sara?

They kinda laid the groundwork for that with the scene of the two cops talking and mentioning all those people seeing "a man with a robot leg"
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 04:06:41 PM »
LMAO yes they did at that.
Not to mention exposed metal parts.

Another question.
How long before they are befriended by one of the cops who actually beleives there is a sinister robot on the loose looking to kill John and Sara?

They kinda laid the groundwork for that with the scene of the two cops talking and mentioning all those people seeing "a man with a robot leg"

Yup,  I'm thinking the FBI guy does alot to sew the seeds of the resistance and counter the guberments efforts to catch the connor's once he realizes they are correct.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2008, 04:30:51 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
I'm guessing the show will have some good 'fish out of water' humor, like Life.  "iPod?  What the hell is an iPod?"

Watching the show last night reminded me of 'Starman'.  Gubmint chasing them, on the run, special powers.  

Unanswered bits:
* Who was the engineer who did the vault?  When will we meet him/her?
* How many Terminators will they be fighting in 2007?
* Any T-1000s or all mechanical?
* Guest appearances from Schwarzenegger eventually if the show continues?

We ll i noticed one or two inconsistencies:

1. when asked about who opened the  safety deposit boxes acct summer answered "I did" so did she do it in 63' ? maybe i heard it wrong ill have to check my dvr tonight

2. unknown but the 1st guy was toast back in 99' at the vault. previews show 1 BUT im thinking there will be a steady supply with possibly 1 really badarsed new terminator that gets repaired or heals himself/herself like the T-1000 can

3. summer is deffinatly not a series 101. nor is she a T-1000. perhaps she is model before the model we saw in terminator 3 but not a T-1000
On a side note maybe she was supposed to be a fembot desighned to look like a hot lonely babe who needs saving and onece some hapless soldier saves her she lures him into a nice quite room for some gratuitous lovefest only to terminate the guy and probly all his buddies waiting in line for their turn.
painful to think about I know BUT if I was a machine trying to kill off humanity id build a few fembots for this purpose >

4. Only if they run him outta the govs. mansion....guys gotta eat right? besides if stallone can still do it arnie can....right?
lol

EDIT: there is a possibility of a crossover episode with BSG. Starbuck finally helps find earth and in a strange twist finds her real soulmate is a terminator!!  "This has all happened before and it will happen again!!"

(wouldnt that suck tho for poor old adama and the ragtag fleet? to finally find earth and discover its been taken over by bloodthirsty killing machines?)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 04:46:51 PM by WilldCrd »
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!