Author Topic: Maj1shot/CO1147 was K.I.A. Jan 1 in Iraq  (Read 4161 times)

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
Maj1shot/CO1147 was K.I.A. Jan 1 in Iraq
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »
I would really hope that someone would not make up a story like this. Making up stories from something as serious as the Iraq/Afghan war is completely out of line and if it proves not to be true then those who did this need an *** whoopin.

I've got 17 years in the military and counting and one thing I can't stand is some moron using our armed forces as a punchline. I also don't tolerate anyone who embellish's their service to get a pat on the back that they don't deserve and didn't earn. (not that this is the case here)

I'll throw out a big to ALL of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country and definately to Jesse if this story is true but if it isn't......God help you.

Offline FTDEEP

• Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2008, 02:40:48 PM »
BIG =S= Maj1
may the angels be with you where ever you are...

Offline 53gunner

• Copper Member
      • http://calliesworld.com
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2008, 10:03:14 PM »
Well as far as the AF SOF stuff there is the STS guys (PJ's, Tac-P, combat controllers, etc) and there are the helo guys 6th SOS, the PAVE LOW guys (I was a gunner on those (53's) and the 60s, although they are technically rescue. Also there are the gunship guys - AC-130's. Actually they have predators now too.
I guarantee you if he was a AF SOF guy you could find out by going to http://www.mh-53pavelow.com . The only caveat to that is no news till next of kin is notified. We are a real small community and word travels fast.
Top it off that in the pic he was sitting on an apache. No one in the AF flys those. Also notice the velcro on the pockets thats a 2 piece army flight suit. Some guys in the AF wear em but its not the usual thing. Lastly it looks like the M4 he has doesnt have a SOPMOD kit on it, at least not the front RIS. Pretty much all the SOF guys have that because if you done have a laser to aim with on NVG's all your doing is spraying rounds downrange. most missions are conducted at night after all.
Im not saying that it didnt happen.. but when they threw in the "he's AF SOF, and its hush hush" that kinda made me think twice.  
BTW there are things that are black ops and you will never know about them but when someone dies they still get the word out he was KIA they just dont give details.
Sorry to be a downer just my thoughts on this
Glenn
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 10:06:55 PM by 53gunner »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2008, 12:18:37 AM »
Originally posted by 53gunner
Well as far as the AF SOF stuff there is the STS guys (PJ's, Tac-P, combat controllers, etc) and there are the helo guys 6th SOS, the PAVE LOW guys (I was a gunner on those (53's) and the 60s, although they are technically rescue. Also there are the gunship guys - AC-130's. Actually they have predators now too.
I guarantee you if he was a AF SOF guy you could find out by going to http://www.mh-53pavelow.com . The only caveat to that is no news till next of kin is notified. We are a real small community and word travels fast.
Top it off that in the pic he was sitting on an apache. No one in the AF flys those. Also notice the velcro on the pockets thats a 2 piece army flight suit. Some guys in the AF wear em but its not the usual thing. Lastly it looks like the M4 he has doesnt have a SOPMOD kit on it, at least not the front RIS. Pretty much all the SOF guys have that because if you done have a laser to aim with on NVG's all your doing is spraying rounds downrange. most missions are conducted at night after all.
Im not saying that it didnt happen.. but when they threw in the "he's AF SOF, and its hush hush" that kinda made me think twice.  
BTW there are things that are black ops and you will never know about them but when someone dies they still get the word out he was KIA they just dont give details.
Sorry to be a downer just my thoughts on this
Glenn

There was another photograph that showed what appeared to be a unit photograph of a helicopter unit.  The helicopters appeared to be CH-53s with the long refueling probes extending past the nose and the unit crest did appear to look like this:

Though not entirely sure if it is the same unit crest shown in the unit photograph.  The unit crest in the photograph was just the profile of the knight chess piece without the unit name or number and according to the unit history, this particular unit was demobilized in 2001.   Unfortunately though, it does appear that the unit photograph is no longer on The Checkered Demon's website, only the photograph of Maj1Shot sitting on the Apache.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 53gunner

• Copper Member
      • http://calliesworld.com
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2008, 08:58:19 AM »
Yeah that patch was the 31st SOS they were out of osan Korea. They shut down in 01 as the PAVELOWS are being phased out. The 20th is slated to go in Oct if I remember correctly. From there everyone went to the 20th, 21st, and the 551st.
As for the CH53 pic, I didnt see it but the AF flys MH53M's. The CH is a navy / marine bird. look at the front its the easiest way to tell. FLIR ball, the "step" on the front part and the fuel probe. There are other ways but thats the easiest.
Glenn

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2008, 10:37:48 AM »
The 101st AB is currently at least partially deployed over there and they of course are amply supplied with Helicopters.  Most likely he is with them from the "Louisville" comment above.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2008, 12:31:23 PM »
wow yet another "death" , this is so sad, to falsify a death for what attention that just burns me to my core....:(
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2008, 01:59:37 PM »
The photo shows clearly stenciled on the fuselage in black "US Army..." and gives the serial number, so presumably an industrious type could trace the deployment of this helo. Might not disprove anything, but then again...

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2008, 03:35:29 PM »
I agree. (If I'm incorrect, my sincere condolences.)  This seems to be yet another in a long line of "weird death" posts.

The Army does it's own black ops insertions and have done so for 25 years.  The Air Force only operates small numbers of helos, and almost exclusively for "utility" purposes.  A small number of helos are held back for SAR duty.

If the gentleman in question was truly "black ops", I'm not too sure that pictures of him on any military installation would be posted....since apparently his name cannot be?

The government is still required to post his name and date of casualty. It seems whoever started this post watched too many movies.

This story is sad, whichever side of the aisle the truth is found.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce