Author Topic: The WAR STARTS~  (Read 519 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
The WAR STARTS~
« on: January 10, 2008, 09:42:31 PM »
For all forces, the war has begun.  Prior to playing in the AvA, and to qualify for awards, medals, and service badges, please register in this forum.  Declare your side, including squadon (if any), and please only play that side for the entire round as your awards are based on that posting.

Time: July 1940

Axis Objectives
Primary Targets: A20, A21, and V26
MUST BE HELD UNTIL JAN 18/08 2200Z
Secondary Target: A18
BONUS VEHICLE/AIRCRAFT UNLOCK FOR NEXT ROUND
Bf-109F4, C202, or JU-88 (Commanders Choice)

Crafts:
A6M2
Bf-109E4
Bf-110C4b
Stuka
D3A-1
B5N2
M-3/8
Jeeps

Allied Objectives
Primary Targets: A2, A4, and V10
MUST BE HELD UNTIL JAN 18/08 2200Z

Secondary Target: A3
BONUS VEHICLE/AIRCRAFT UNLOCK FOR NEXT ROUND
SpitV, P-40E, or B-25C (Commanders Choice)

Crafts:
P-40B
Hurricane I
Spitfire I
SBD-5
M-3/8
Jeeps

Settings
AAA: AvA Norms
Field Caputre: 15 troops
Downtimes: 30 minutes
Radar: 10 miles tower, 20 miles sector @ 500ft.

The WAR begins!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:47:35 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Sides on this map
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 08:12:29 AM »
Note:

Axis are Bishops.

Allies are Rooks.

If you log on as Knights, you won't even see the map.  If you're like me, this can be unnerving, as you wonder what's wrong with your computer.  (Some have been known to log off and reboot the computer.)  For once, however, there is NOTHING wrong with your computer - just switch to one of the two enabled countries.

- oldman

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Re: Sides on this map
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 08:29:26 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Note:

Axis are Bishops.

Allies are Rooks.

If you log on as Knights, you won't even see the map.  If you're like me, this can be unnerving, as you wonder what's wrong with your computer.  (Some have been known to log off and reboot the computer.)  For once, however, there is NOTHING wrong with your computer - just switch to one of the two enabled countries.

- oldman

Thank's for that, i thought it was my computer :furious  lol!

But roger that. :aok

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Re: The WAR STARTS~
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 01:00:25 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
Axis Objectives
Crafts:
M-3/8
Jeeps

Allied Objectives
Crafts:
M-3/8
Jeeps

Settings
AAA: AvA Norms
If by "AvA Norms" you mean the typical .25 or .1 lethality, please turn it up to MA standards.  Also, please add the M16 to both sides.  The combination of diminished ack and lack of an effective AA vehicle are making it far to easy for the vulchers/cappers.

Ground based AA is the only minor equalizer when numbers get out of balance.  Without them, the larger side simply rolls with impunity.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: The WAR STARTS~
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 05:48:34 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
If by "AvA Norms" you mean the typical .25 or .1 lethality, please turn it up to MA standards.  Also, please add the M16 to both sides.  The combination of diminished ack and lack of an effective AA vehicle are making it far to easy for the vulchers/cappers.

Ground based AA is the only minor equalizer when numbers get out of balance.  Without them, the larger side simply rolls with impunity.
So far I'm happy with the way it's working, it's exactly as intended. The frontline bases are close enough together for mutual support when a base gets vulched. Yes, someone milkran the frontline bases last night and surely must have tried to reset the map. I guess they found out it takes more then a couple of people to do that. Anyway, even so, the fights between the nearest bases were still only around 20 miles this morning and there were some great 3v1 and 5v2 fights this morning before a frontline base was retaken, stuff I'd never have survived against the AvA regulars. If it remains as popular as it's been over these first few days... My only wish is that the sides of the terrain had been switch. The best canyon fights are on the west side of the map.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
The WAR STARTS~
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 02:19:04 AM »
Few questions about the unlockables. What happens if you only have the Primary Targets? What happens if you only have the Secondary Target? What happens if you have both? Do you get a bonus?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner