Author Topic: heath ledger dead  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 06:44:16 PM »
Originally posted by AquaShrimp
Thats sad.  Aside from the homosexuality, I thought he did a good job of portraying the modern cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain".

I thought they were sheepherders...
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 06:48:18 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Well if you believe in Heaven, then youbelieve in the bible.... suicides do not go to heaven.

You can hold on to your beliefs all you want, but if you've had a loved that one that took there own life I guarantee you would not say that.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 06:48:39 PM »
Yeah, but they weren't shepherds.  They were cowboys.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 06:51:04 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
I asked that question of the priest at our church one time.  He replied that while suicide was indeed a sin, although it was not unforgivable.  He further explained that people who commit suicide were sick and that when the Lord said that, "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."  He was not only mentioning those that are not only gentle, patient, and humble but also those that were long suffering.  That the Lord has great love for all his creations and would look after those that suffer.

He also said that the only unforgivable sin was the denial of God and of his Son's ultimate sacrifice to free all our souls of the burden of sin.

You can take it as you like, but I would rather choose the path of not judging in this case.  I also seem to remember a phrase beginning, "Judge not, ....."

:)

Very well said Bohdi.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 06:52:17 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Very well said Bohdi.

Agreed. Well Said.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 06:54:09 PM »
Yeah, but they weren't shepherds.  They were cowboys.

Shepherds tend sheep

Cowboys tend cows.

Doesn't matter what hat you wear.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 06:56:32 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 07:53:28 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 07:02:46 PM »
Originally posted by Nefarious
You can hold on to your beliefs all you want, but if you've had a loved that one that took there own life I guarantee you would not say that.

So you must only hold to your beliefs until they are inconvenient? Then they are not beliefs at all, or you are weak.

My brother committed suicide my freshman year in college.  Your gaurantee lasted about as long as your beliefs would.

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 07:04:16 PM »
Shepherds wear robes and carry a long hooked staff.  

Cowboys wear denim, ride horses, wear cowboy boots, carry a revolver or a rifle, and ride in rodeos.  Its not so much an occupation as it is a style.  People even refer to the movie as "the gay cowboy movie", not the "gay shepherd movie".

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 07:08:22 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
I asked that question of the priest at our church one time.  He replied that while suicide was indeed a sin, although it was not unforgivable. not, ....."

:)

I'm glad you got an answer that put you at peace and from a source you consider to be an authority.

I do not mean to offend you, but your priest is not an authority for me.
I believe that your priest's answer is a convenient one for those who do not wish to see their loved ones in any place but heaven.  I'm not trying to change your mind or belittle your priest in any  way, I  simply believe differently.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 07:08:26 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
FALSE

I really hope it turns out to be an accidental overdose. I always liked his work. I read somewhere he just finished his part as The Joker in the next Batman installment.

Lots of people consider "greater than none" to be an overdose, depending on the drug in question...  What kind of drug overdose was it?  OTC?  Prescription?  Illegal?  Mixture of more than one?

Regardless of whatever else they did in life, I can't help but think "loser" when I hear about people dying from drug overdoses or otherwise throwing their life away through drug abuse.  It'll suck if this was a "true" accident, but I wouldn't put any money on that possibility.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 07:09:56 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
My brother committed suicide my freshman year in college.  Your gaurantee lasted about as long as your beliefs would.

As did my mother. While I was in College.

Could you look him in the eyes as you pass through the gates of St Peter? What about your kids? I could not continue knowing I never will see my mother again.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 07:11:13 PM »
Originally posted by Nefarious
As did my mother.

Could you look him in the eyes as you pass through the gates of St Peter? What about your kids? I could not continue knowing I never will see my mother again.

I hope my beliefs are wrong.. moreso for my parents and my brother than myself.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 07:11:25 PM »
People fought range wars over style?

shepherd... sheep herd ... sheep

Cowboy ... Cows ....

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Heath Ledger dead at 28
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 07:18:51 PM »
a long hooked staff.  

= crook
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo