Author Topic: My humble thoughts...  (Read 481 times)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
My humble thoughts...
« on: January 27, 2008, 03:35:41 PM »
I have to say, I was very angry when the AvA war began.  I loved the idea of the old AvA and had some of my best moments there...but...I have to admit I probably flew there  maybe 1 day a week for a few hours...unless it was an especially good setup...and only then if others were already logged in.

So I gave the war a try, and hated it.  Then my squad began to fly in there....and now I really find myself loving it.  I look forward to my AH time so I can work with my squad and meet the objectives.  The objectives give us something to work towards.  We aren't fighting to reset the map, we're fighting to secure and advantage, to accomplish a mission, truly...we are fighting for the war.  Within my squad are the best of AH, of course I might be a little jaded.  :)  

I still get really frustrated at times.  There are some players flying in the AvA right now are really complete degenerates.  I've never seen such timid and honorless individuals, and it really causes me concern that they are most likely breeding and thus bringing more timid and honorless derelicts into this world.  It is also painfully exasperating that when Axis are outnumbered/disadvantaged, no one cares but when Allies are outnumbered/disadvantaged....oh woe unto thee!  Plus the constant fact that the Axis planeset is quite spartan, some crucial airframes are still missing.

Nevertheless....

My advice to those who are unhappy with the new AvA or AH in general...fly with your squad, detune 200, and just have fun.  If you don't have a squad, you really don't know what you are missing.  Just the other night a squaddie low on fuel, low on ammo, and having 7 pelts risked it all to clear my six...I didn't need to ask, he saw I was in trouble and immediately took action.  I can't imagine playing AH without them.  After all, who would get all my sheep jokes?

lol   JG54
P-47 pilot

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
My humble thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 03:39:50 PM »
I couldn't agree more; we have three squad nights a week and we are all having a blast in there.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Re: My humble thoughts...
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 03:47:38 PM »
Originally posted by republic
I have to say, I was very angry when the AvA war began.  I loved the idea of the old AvA and had some of my best moments there...but...I have to admit I probably flew there  maybe 1 day a week for a few hours...unless it was an especially good setup...and only then if others were already logged in.

So I gave the war a try, and hated it.  Then my squad began to fly in there....and now I really find myself loving it.  I look forward to my AH time so I can work with my squad and meet the objectives.  The objectives give us something to work towards.  We aren't fighting to reset the map, we're fighting to secure and advantage, to accomplish a mission, truly...we are fighting for the war.  Within my squad are the best of AH, of course I might be a little jaded.  :)  

I still get really frustrated at times.  There are some players flying in the AvA right now are really complete degenerates.  I've never seen such timid and honorless individuals, and it really causes me concern that they are most likely breeding and thus bringing more timid and honorless derelicts into this world.  It is also painfully exasperating that when Axis are outnumbered/disadvantaged, no one cares but when Allies are outnumbered/disadvantaged....oh woe unto thee!  Plus the constant fact that the Axis planeset is quite spartan, some crucial airframes are still missing.

Nevertheless....

My advice to those who are unhappy with the new AvA or AH in general...fly with your squad, detune 200, and just have fun.  If you don't have a squad, you really don't know what you are missing.  Just the other night a squaddie low on fuel, low on ammo, and having 7 pelts risked it all to clear my six...I didn't need to ask, he saw I was in trouble and immediately took action.  I can't imagine playing AH without them.  After all, who would get all my sheep jokes?

lol   JG54

Change the thread title. No 'Humble' thoughts, to be sure.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
My humble thoughts...
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 10:48:34 PM »
what he (republic) said!!!!

Offline OntosMk1

• Nickel Member
My humble thoughts...
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 02:22:52 PM »
I will second and third what Republic said,
 The AvA war has become what it should be in my opinion. Two sides working toward a goal set my moderators. No longer is it just another Limited plane set DA. Yes, sometimes the sides are lopsided and the ganging does happen as with the MA but there's a "higher quality" of pilots that fly in the AvA.
 Ive found that flying in the AvA has made me a better pilot overall. Gunnery, Situational Awareness, and most of variable A/C performance.
It feels VERY good to shoot down a P47D-11 in my humble 109e :aok
In short i look forward to spending more time in the AvA.

w00t and double w00t!!!
TIGER, tiger, burning bright  
In the forests of the night,  
What immortal hand or eye  
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
My humble thoughts...
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 08:03:21 AM »
now if we culd convince our friends in the spits to be less timid and play below 20k and horde a little less...........

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
My humble thoughts...
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 08:29:41 AM »
In a few weeks the Ta152 will be in our lineup so we can climb up to the little AKAKjrs.:lol
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
My humble thoughts...
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 09:49:51 AM »
Originally posted by Larry
In a few weeks the Ta152 will be in our lineup so we can climb up to the little AKAKjrs.:lol

:aok :aok :aok :aok :D :D
Means the 11th white staffel will have a new ride. hehe
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
My humble thoughts...
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 11:46:23 AM »
Originally posted by OntosMk1
but there's a "higher quality" of pilots that fly in the AvA.

never in all the times i've visited the AvA have I seen this hold true.

the quality of the "fight" is sometimes higher, but not the calibre of the pilot.

It just SEEMS there are so durn many cruddy fights/pilots in the MA's 'cause there are so many more pilots flying there that you are much more likey to run into a dweeb vs. a "decent" stick.

(not a slam, just saying)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline XAKL

• Copper Member
My humble thoughts...
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 01:00:12 PM »
Originally posted by heythere
now if we culd convince our friends in the spits to be less timid and play below 20k and horde a little less...........

I think the Allies would say the same thing about the 109's and 190's

MUGADAI of the MUNGADAI WARRIORS