Author Topic: Meanings of Names  (Read 11752 times)

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2008, 09:41:12 AM »
Goth, short for Gothmaug taken from Tolkein since I'm in the Nazgul. Lotsa peeps think I'm a pasty faced punk, couldn't be further from the truth. I'm just a punk.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Meanings of Names
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2008, 09:41:18 AM »
my game id is jaeger1. i got this for 2 reasons, no 3 reasons.... no ..... oh nevermind, a bunch of reasons, i was born in nuremburg germany, yes im a citizen, i didn't have to climb a fence to get here. I named my first dog jaeger  because it is german for hunter(another Reason). jeager is the americanized version of Jager with the 2 little dot thingy's . also chuck yeager is one of my hero's so that with respect to germany, my dog and chuck yeager, i use jaeger1. thanks for listening

Offline Damned Goose

• Copper Member
Name
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2008, 09:54:06 AM »
I use to drink a lot of Vodka. I was getting treated for cancer, and really use to drink alot. Anyways Goose is not from top gun. I  got Goose from Grey Goose Vodka. I got this name at the beginning of Aw. I could not fit Grey goose and Damned in same handle so I just used Goose. :aok
The only thing to fear is fear itself..

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2008, 10:06:50 AM »
Im a plumber. Some days back in AW Id come home from work and sit down at the PC. My orignal name was fluxputz, but one day as I sat there and looked at my hands, I said, no...my name should be filth.

~AoM~

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2008, 10:07:42 AM »
SunBat - A nasty critter that flies out of the Sun and bites your prettythang.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2008, 10:46:11 AM »
Angus, - It's Scottish (which I am not but the colour could match), and it's a strong and gentle breed. Actually started using it even before, since I was doing business with the UK, breeding Angus cattle, and my real name is a tonguebreaker to the English language.
Aye, lads and lasses!!!
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2008, 11:45:11 AM »
I have tried to find handles that signify something connected to WWII aviation. I was Clover, a squadron callsign, and Cement, another squadron callsign. I was UpSun for a very short time.

In WWII a brand new replacement pilot was a "Sprog"

A pilot who'd survived several missions was a "Sport"

And someone who'd survived many missions was an "OldSport"

The main man was a "Wheel" (It will be a while till I get there)

The squadron patch for my avatar comes from VMF-112 that I believe was third ranked VMF of WWII, and later eventually became VMFA-112, which I served with in the 70's.

Hey Angus, my dad had a small herd of Black Angus when I was a kid. We'd climb up on the fence and they'd come over and lick the soles of our shoes, lol.

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2008, 11:59:48 AM »
means plantain in spanish..plantain is banana before it turns yellow..pretty simple.
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2008, 12:06:40 PM »
I chose Mustang (now Stang for short) because of the pilot in a Pepsi commercial on the VHS of Top Gun that was on it before the movie began.  That guy was twice the pilot Maverick was.  L337.  

Flown with this name in everything since F119 Steal Fighter 20+ years ago.

;)

Offline kozhedub

• Zinc Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2008, 12:13:28 PM »

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2008, 03:05:24 PM »
Originally posted by clerick
clerick

I came up with this when i first got online with AOL, 1992 IIRC.  I have used it ever since.

"CL" is the first two letters of my middle name
"ERICK" the first five of my last....

you can guess as to what my middle and last names are...

Clark and Erickson????  I have got to know!!!!!!!!  TEll Me Please!!!!!!!

Spazz

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2008, 04:46:58 PM »
Mine got stuck on me way back in High School. Back then I drove around in an old POS brown Toyota SR-5 pickup. A buddy of mine got his car stuck in some mud one night and I offered to try and pull him out. Several of my other friends were there and everyone told me there was no way my little 2WD truck was going to pull a Chevy Nova out of the mud. Long story short I got his car out on the first try.

Well they nicknamed my truck the Brown Hornet from the old Fat Albert cartoon. Not long after that I got involved with the local CB radio club and used Hornet as my CB handle since I was still driving the "Brown Hornet" at the time.

After I joined the Army National Guard I got a tattoo of a Hornet on my left shoulder. Named my HEMTT M-985 truck over in Desert Storm the "Brown Hornet II" seeing as how it was painted desert tan.

Since then I've always had that nickname / handle. The 33 is how old I was when I started playing AHII, hence Hornet33 here in the game.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
Meanings of Names
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2008, 05:26:27 PM »
MAJissue, 'cuz I have a MAJOR ISSUE with: spys, cheaters, hacks, squeekers HOers, cherrypickers, toolshedders, woodshedders, communists, fachists, Reactionaries, Radicals, Little dogs, big cats, rodents, freemasons, skull and boners, Rivisionest historians, 911 truthers, code pink, Cindy Sheehan, Charlie Sheen, Nazis (the real ones not the imagined ones that liberals use when name calling), Liberals, Conservatives, Log cabin Republicans, Democrats, Republicans, the NEA, IRS, the NY Yankees, any Boston sports team (pick 'em), East Coast bias, Stuart Scott, any "music" made with a Drum Machine, MACs, the t-bar cyclic control layout on Robinson Helicopters, French cars, British food, knowing how to navigate with a GPS and not a paper map, The John Birch Society, The ACLU, Public employees, Labor Unions (is it a Mob or Commie controlled Union... you decide), Oliver Stone, Courtney Love (Kurt ate a shotgun rather than wake up next to her again!), Disco, Strats not made in the US, solid state power amps, Dams without fish ladders, Any politician that uses a first name on campaign stuff ( guilty: Hilllary), and 2% milk. Did I leave out VansCrew?

Just joking, (mostly) except about Vanscrew
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2008, 05:28:58 PM »
:aok :rofl :rofl :rofl
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Meanings of Names
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2008, 05:33:31 PM »
VIOLATER

Violating your right to fly!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion