Author Topic: Host Connection Lost  (Read 675 times)

Offline -CodyC

• Copper Member
Host Connection Lost
« on: February 01, 2008, 07:21:26 PM »
I've been getting this message all day.  Tonight i haven't been able to finish a sortie because i've been getting kicked off.  I can only assume it is due to the problem in dallas that is mentioned on the main page but i figured i should post a couple snapshots of my pingplotter since im getting packet loss both at dallas hops and oklahoma hops.

Most recent after uploading the two pics above.

EDIT:
Most recent
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 07:27:12 PM by -CodyC »

Offline illspeck

• Zinc Member
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 02:47:24 AM »
same here mate :(

Offline illspeck

• Zinc Member
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 08:16:02 AM »
oh comon htc i subbed for 6 months there gotta be something to do so we all can play

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 09:03:36 AM »
Originally posted by illspeck
oh comon htc i subbed for 6 months there gotta be something to do so we all can play
Perhaps you can lay down a REALLY long patch cord to Grapevine, TX:)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 12:28:01 PM »
If you think it is a mess right now.  Wait until tomorrow.  My guess is the Internet is going to be at an all time low tomorrow.

Super Bowl weekend.  Most of you are already on ISP's who have oversold their service by several factors.  I would have to be on RR, Comcast, or Cox tomorrow.  With Comcast and RR adopting the traffic shaping scheme they have, I just cannot see the problems with them going away.

Botton line is we cannot control the Internet.  No one can.  We, like you, are at is mercy.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 12:31:47 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 01:23:32 PM »
Is Level3 in the Dallas area still a mess?

That might also be causing problems with connections too.
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 03:26:43 PM »
They are back to normal, which is better than it was, but still problematic for most everyone who has to traverse them.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline -CodyC

• Copper Member
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 07:53:23 PM »
Oh skuzzy i understand, was just posting it to make sure that was my problem.  It didn't happen once today and my frame rate was back up to where it should be.  So something got fixed last night.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Host Connection Lost
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »
Cody, I work for Cox in Tulsa. I may be able to help. The first log you posted above shows a local router in OKC. The others are outside our network. Your pings don't run long enough to really look at the issue clearly. Please PM me the telephone number that your Cox account number is under -or- your modems MAC address. I will look and see how your modem is performing first and at the history. Are you having any issues with your other services? Any other internet problems?

:)
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.