Author Topic: New joystick won't work in game  (Read 321 times)

Offline PropSuey

• Zinc Member
New joystick won't work in game
« on: February 21, 2008, 03:04:35 PM »
I just got a new Saitek cyborg evo force.  While it seems to work fiine in the testing and calibration programs that came with it I can't seem to get any response from it in the game.  I've gone into "map controlers" and selected it and tried to calibrate it but it's as if it's not plugged in......it is.
My old saitek cybork evo and my st290 I use as a spare worked fine but this one...nothing.  I can see it and select it but can't do anything with it.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 04:41:59 PM »
did you assign all the axis in game?? goto map controllers and assign each axis and button to what you want them to be.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 05:01:36 PM »
If it shows in the drop down list in "Map Controllers", make sure to select it, then press the "Default Map" button.  Only do that for "Mode 1", then calibrate the stick in the game.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline PropSuey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 02:25:11 PM »
I've tried everything....still no luck.
I looked in system in control panel and the joystick shows up twice.  Once as a HID and once as a USB.  Could that be causing a problem?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 02:47:40 PM »
Your are being a bit vague.

1)  Does the stick show up in the "Map Controllers" panel in the drop down list?

If it does, do any commands show up mapped to the various inputs in the "Mode 1 Function" column?

Please give a detailed description of what the "Map Controllers" panel looks like, a picture would be even better.

The game will support and work with any USB connected joystick.  If you loaded some type of controller software, then remove it first and try using the stick without that software installed.  The game has a native understanding of joysticks and does not need any controller software installed.

See the picture here to get an idea of what a properly mapped joystick looks like in the "Map Controllers" panel.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 08:15:23 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 05:21:59 AM »
Is the new JS working in any other application?