Author Topic: Ops Lamlight GCI AAR  (Read 501 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Ops Lamlight GCI AAR
« on: March 31, 2001, 11:37:00 AM »
Lancaster launch fields, A19, A24, A36

LW launch fields A32, A27, A28, A34.

LW flights :
- Alpha, from A32 109s leader Ammo.
- Bravo 1,2 and 3 from A27 A5s leader Bigjoe.
- Charlie 1, from A28 109s leader Sancho.
- Charlie 2, from A28 109s leader Nomde.
- Delta 1,2 and 3 from A34 A5s leader SwoopUK.

Radar range set to 30NM.

GCIs :
Frenchy (groups designation and vectoring)
Loon (Lancasters position update update)

Action:
Several waves of bombers spoted SW A27. Looked like they all choosed to fly toghether rather than spreading in several flights.

Alpha was dispatched due North, Bravo due south for initial interception. Charlie was vectored for CAP on the 270 between the HQ and A27. Delta was dispatched for a CAP East of map in case of eni bombers trying to sneack in that way.

Bravo 1,2,3 came in range with a flight of bomber. Bravo 2 and 3 were ordered to engage while Bravo 1 was ordered to proceed southbound to intercept an another contact 10NM South. Bravo never answered any transmission resquest till the end of the fight, looked like they all went on the same contact and flew their own war from now on.

Looks like all enemi bombers are flying 10-20NM south of A27 from the SE, proceeding to a NW course to fly W of A27 then proceed 020 to HQ.

The lead bombers joined Alpha flight path and Alpha was last reported engaging.

Charlie 1 and 2 were assign to maintain 270 to intercept, while Delta was ordered to split in Delta 1, 2, 3 and leave their CAP area to intercept, flying 230, 240, 250.

Charlie 1 and 2 flying trail were ordering a tactical turn to 180 making them in line abreast. Looked like the timing went fine as this was the result of the initial set up for the night battle:

Only 1 bomber went thru and reached the HQ. (A bomber who crossed the path of Delta 3 but Delta 3 reported "no joy").

The solo bomber who made it to HQ disabled the "enemi dots"(Something none of us thought about   ), we were blind from now on.

When radar went down, all contacts were still West of A27, some flying 090, some 180. two bombers were E of A27, flying toward their home heading 100, followed by a Delta flight.

Just for the story, I eard a pilot telling me that he saw a Lancaster only when he started to shoot at him while flying by. Tought times for the LW  

Thx to Loon for the assist, to Alpha, Charlie and Delta for following vectors and make my GCI life way easier.

Hope you guys had fun. <S> Sabre for organization.

[This message has been edited by SFRT - Frenchy (edited 03-31-2001).]
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Ops Lamlight GCI AAR
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
You did a great job, Frenchy, and Loon too.  This really went better then I'd hoped, and the fact that the Lancs didn't get slaughterd (if a 33% loss rate isn't considered in historical perspective, but in an AH perspective), even though they were restricted to max ceiling of 18k, is testimony to the level of realism we achieved.  Thanks again to all.  Hope it was a fun and unique event for all.

------------------
Sabre (a.k.a. Rojo)
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

ezdoc

Ops Lamlight GCI AAR
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2001, 04:11:00 PM »

[This message has been edited by ezdoc (edited 04-01-2001).]

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Ops Lamlight GCI AAR
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2001, 07:18:00 PM »
I am pleased to be able to say that I dropped my string on the HQ.

Excellent job Gents!

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Ops Lamlight GCI AAR
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2001, 07:50:00 PM »
Was a blast frenchy, enjoyed Much!

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm