Author Topic: Terrain "shimemring/flickering"  (Read 803 times)

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Terrain "shimemring/flickering"
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 04:20:53 AM »
I think its happened to me, just doesnt really bother me thats all :D
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Re: Terrain "shimemring/flickering"
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 09:14:51 AM »
Originally posted by Max
Just built a new rig with a GF 7600GT 256 m card. I'm running hires textures with 1280 x 1024 screen resolution.  I'm noticing a bit of flickering in and around airfields and trees. Anyway to tone that down?

btw...I'm getting 75 fps with that card + a Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 cpu. Nothing wrong with 75 fps but shouldn't that # be higher?

Thanks

The enemy has put large strobe-lights at the field to distract you....
Those are perk options for the "Arm-Chair Generals"

:noid
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
Terrain "shimemring/flickering"
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 11:01:07 PM »
OK guys..After beating my head against a wall and downloading driver after driver trying to fix my shimmering issue,I found a tool called Nhancer..It is a more detailed and more complete "CONTROL PANEL" for nvidia drivers..Using it I have knocked down my shimmering by I would say 75%...I say that because trees no longer shimmer at all.The airfield does still shimmer some,but much of the "warpy look of the runways is gone as well.

The towns are still shimmering a bit to me,but it has definetly alleviated most of it as far as trees and mountains...

It is easy to set-up.But it did require me to download the 2.0 windows frame to install it and run it..

I cant say enough about how much better it has made the game for me..Planes from 2k+ out dont shimmer like they did..I only tried it offline for about 10 min.but am thoroughly happy with it..

Kevin:aok :aok