Author Topic: Unperk the Spitfire Mk XIV  (Read 7412 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Re: Unperk the Spitfire Mk XIV
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2008, 03:17:55 PM »
unperk spit14 ! :t
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2008, 04:37:10 PM »
I agree, unperk the Spit14! 

Not because of a low abilities of those that use it, but because I am a god with it in my hands.

But that shouldn't really swing you one way or the other.  I had the ability to make some planes sing, and some I could barely get off the ground even with a lot of practice.

Since I just joined again, I'm reearning perks so I can take this bad boy out.  I've named her S.V.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2008, 11:49:49 PM »
wow, this thread keeps going and going. Especailly for a Wishlist thread. P.S. I'm with ya all the way  :salute
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline EvlPrsn

• Copper Member
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2008, 08:28:05 AM »
this thread wont die til its unperked! :furious

unperk it!   :rock
If i said anything to offend u, plz ignore it.

also, if i say anything stupid or rude, it was probobly too late at night and i was half asleep, so ignore that too.

oh yeah, its all just my opinion, so if ya dont care, just keep it to urself, cuz if u dont care, i sure wont!

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »
I was knockin' around in a 152 tonight at about 20k... prowling for high fights when I came across a co-alt Spit 14.

How exciting, one might think, a high-alt duel between the very best of the Axis and Allied high-alt fighters!

Alas, it was not to be, I gained what was beginning to be the upper hand in the fight (1 v 1, no cons in sight) and the Spit 14 got spooked and ran for the relative safety of 10k.

Perhaps the Spit pilot might have been more inclined to stay and fight to a stand-still at 20k+ if his aircraft was ENY 5 like mine?

I've flown the Spit 14 once... I hated it. I have no interest in flying it....... but I would LOVE to come across a few more high-alt fights against them... however, as it is at the moment I've seen 2 Spit 14s in the last 3 months.

The Spit 14 has only the ability to fly at high altitude more effectively than the Spit 16 (and let's face it... that's hardly a game-throwing attribute in the MA).... and perhaps an exponentially increased ugliness factor.... and that's hardly relevant to perk value.

To finish my little story from the MA tonight I eventually managed to bag that Spit 14 who insisted on trying to protect his small amount of perks when he got focused on an out-numbered squadie. I managed to execute a nice little stealth hit on him and his perked Spit split in two aft of the cockpit in due order. I had to blow my attack on a very, very high flight of B 26s (which would have been great fun) in order to get him but the end result was a Raw Prawn sortie which achieved a 12-0 kill ratio with all 3 aircraft returning to base successfully.

In summary, I was having a blast prowling at 20+k tonight (I was genuinely looking for high-alt fights and buffs, not cherries) and it would have been nice to have a more readily available opponent to fight up there.

Unperk the Spit 14.... give it an ENY 5 rating and let it roam the upper edges of the fight. They dive like absolute chit, so they're no cherry-picking threat  :rofl They're more likely to blow their own wings off than yours.  :lol

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2008, 01:51:47 PM »
I flew into a enemy base a few tours ago in a spit 14...came in at around 15k.  Saw a dot that was higher than me by a few thousand feet...so I hit the autoclimb and zoomed up to co-alt.  Icon showed up as F4U...ok so I merged and HO by either of us.  Then saw it was a F4U-4...thought cool both good hi alt planes.  Then what did the F4U do...dove away.  I don't generally chase and was really disappointed.  Mainly because it was him and I up that high...I just wanted to have a good fight.  I desided to start on some lower cons only to have the F4U-4 come back at alt and start picking people.  I just stayed clear of him.  He wasn't interested in a fight anyway...only wanted to pick.  To the point...unperk the 14!  When this thread was started wanted to fly the 14 more.  In that tour I got a 8.8 K/D ratio in the 14.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2008, 02:51:25 PM »
Free the 14!!

donkey
2sBlind

Offline EvlPrsn

• Copper Member
« Reply #157 on: April 03, 2008, 10:55:02 PM »
Free the 14!!

donkey

well said    :salute
If i said anything to offend u, plz ignore it.

also, if i say anything stupid or rude, it was probobly too late at night and i was half asleep, so ignore that too.

oh yeah, its all just my opinion, so if ya dont care, just keep it to urself, cuz if u dont care, i sure wont!

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2008, 08:41:52 AM »
IMO, in LW Arena , only planes that need a perk are the 262 and the 163 .....
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2008, 09:59:45 AM »
IMO, in LW Arena , only planes that need a perk are the 262 and the 163 .....

Tempest absolutely needs to be perked too.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2008, 10:59:20 AM »
Won't unperking the 1C kill the 1D?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you