Author Topic: How attractive is AVA  (Read 583 times)

Offline Vipper65

• Copper Member
How attractive is AVA
« on: February 14, 2008, 10:08:46 AM »
I am a new guy, about 1.5 months in AHII.  I have wandered into the AVA a cpl of times just to see whats going on in there and try it out.  

The first time I am in I get fussed at for upping from a CV that someone is trying to move secretly.  

Try to find out what is going on and noone answers you on the country channel.  Finally I pm a guy I've seen before in the MA and he replies and lets me know whats going on and where the fight is headed to so I can fly that way.  I didn't know about channel 200 but from what I see here I guess I haven't missed anything there either.

Ya come in here to try and see whats going on and all you see is thread after thread about mass logging to spoil the other sides efforts and name calling.

Very attractive arena I can't imagine why folks arn't flocking over in droves to fly here.

Just my two cents
Viper
"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly."

VF-17 Jolly Rogers, 52ND Fighter Group

Offline Vipper65

• Copper Member
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:16:01 AM »
(Above example of what I was talking about removed by poster.)

See what I mean.............
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 12:06:29 PM by Vipper65 »
Viper
"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly."

VF-17 Jolly Rogers, 52ND Fighter Group

Offline republic

• Silver Member
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 10:19:31 AM »
Best thing to do is just jump in.  The AvA is a different style of play, more hardcore I think.  There are some who will greet you with open arms, some who will not respect you until you've proven yourself.

Fly with honor and a spirit for the fight (not the win) and you won't have any problems at all.
P-47 pilot

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 10:49:09 AM »
Originally posted by republic
Best thing to do is just jump in.  The AvA is a different style of play, more hardcore I think.  There are some who will greet you with open arms, some who will not respect you until you've proven yourself.

Fly with honor and a spirit for the fight (not the win) and you won't have any problems at all.
word

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 11:39:23 AM »
how tasteless ,  , that is in such poor form i don't know what to say
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 12:09:09 PM »
luckily we dont have tastebuds so it doesn't really matter.

as for not knowing what to say, keep it that way, its much nicer.

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 12:17:52 PM »
to bad you never stop beating your gums but you gotta stay with your strong suits

good thing you took that down , do some crap like that again and i will call Skuzzy instead of just pointing out how WRONG it was  and i HIGHLY DOUBT that Truekill would have approved of it either no one with a mentality over 12 years old would .

Have a great day
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 12:25:15 PM by 1redrum »
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 12:21:59 PM »
I saw the post in question and didn't find it to be tasteless or offensive.  I'm sure it was humorous and it was intended to be as such.  the poster is a genuinely nice person and seeing that you two were put back a bit by it may be why he removed it.

if it had been directed at me I'd be chuckling about it now and through out the day as I recalled it.  right now your reactions are giving me chuckles so I thank you for adding a little light heartedness into my otherwise hectic day.

you guys need to man up a little bit, no one is out to get you.

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 12:26:41 PM »
Originally posted by heythere
I saw the post in question and didn't find it to be tasteless or offensive.  I'm sure it was humorous and it was intended to be as such.  the poster is a genuinely nice person and seeing that you two were put back a bit by it may be why he removed it.

if it had been directed at me I'd be chuckling about it now and through out the day as I recalled it.  right now your reactions are giving me chuckles so I thank you for adding a little light heartedness into my otherwise hectic day.

you guys need to man up a little bit, no one is out to get you.

i am not saying it couldnt have been funny but , wrong place and time sir

and that has Nothing to do with Maning up AS YOU PUT IT
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 12:35:49 PM by 1redrum »
Major EaglePoo

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »
If you dont start crying when someone rags on you for being a noob, tard, squeaker, ect. then AvA is the best place to get your skill up fast. The AvA regulars are some of the best sticks in AH and pound for pound they are far better compared to people in the MA.

Ill give you an example when I see a P40 in the MA I know its an easy kill, but when I see one flying in the AvA and I know 1Duke1 is on I know theres a good chance Ill be in the tower very soon.

There is trash talking in here, as in EVERY other arena and every other game. Most of us that do it are just screwing with our opponent. Its called psychological warfare. When you get in someones head they will make more mistakes because they arent thinking right. On the other hand those same people would be happy to take you to the side and teach you what you want to learn, Storch is one of them. People on the wrong end of his words may think hes the biggest ******* in the game but if you were on squad vox youd know that he is one of the funniest guys and would be glad to help you out. He is one of the people that took me under his wing and helped me out when I was a noob.

As you can see the peson above is to uptightand has no sense of humor. That picture was a great summory of the AvA. Its great to be in and alot of fun, but is also a *****.:aok
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 12:39:40 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline bkwolf

• Copper Member
      • http://www.avengersonline.com/index.html
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 01:04:21 PM »
Viper Just jump in and declare you side...start shooting,don't let the smack talk or sheep ****ing rattle you(btw wheres Lulu?)is it my turn yet?:D
Bkwolf
~Avengers~
AVA Axis

Currently MIA

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 01:09:16 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
The AvA regulars are some of the best sticks in AH and pound for pound they are far better compared to people in the MA.
This is very true, they have great skill with a stick, it's just that some, who will remain nameless, don't have enough social skills to know when something is inappropriate.:lol

Did I think the picture was funny, yes, was it appropriate in response to the thread starter, absolutely not. It was a prime example of what I've been talking about. There are people in here who deliberately try to run off the new people before they get a chance to try out the AvA. They don't even let the newb settle in to learn the way it really is, it's intimidation from the get-go and it's stupid.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline republic

• Silver Member
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 01:23:43 PM »
Originally posted by Easyscor
it's intimidation from the get-go and it's stupid.

I don't get it...  I was not intimidated at all by that picture.  Titillated yes, intimidated...not really.  A NSFW (Not Safe For Work) tag might have been handy though lol

Pretty soon I imagine some in the AvA forum is going to start sitting down and watching Oprah together.  This boohooing about smack etc is really gone from pointed to pointless to monotonous.  It's infecting every thread that is posted...    If we really have to continue these discussions can we please confine them to one thread?  Not that I'm trying to break Rule #6 but...come on...

Now as far as the original poster, I'd say hop in a ride from the side of your choosing and wing up with someone.  There's great guys on both sides.  (Also goobers on both sides.)  Just ride along for a bit and see how the game is different over here.  After awhile you'll know whether it's your cup of tea or not.
P-47 pilot

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 01:38:54 PM »
Originally posted by bkwolf
(btw wheres Lulu?)is it my turn yet?:D

Easy Killer, thems fightin words........republic, have you been sheep-sharing again!!!

Offline republic

• Silver Member
How attractive is AVA
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 01:40:03 PM »
Originally posted by captain1ma
Easy Killer, thems fightin words........republic, have you been sheep-sharing again!!!

She's mine, you can't have her!  *Sings to Lulu*  I only have eyes, for ewe....
P-47 pilot