Author Topic: Film viewer help PLZ  (Read 318 times)

Offline OntosMk1

• Nickel Member
Film viewer help PLZ
« on: January 24, 2008, 05:33:42 PM »
So in creating a shot i was wondering if there was any way to create a shot with a stationary vantage point, say a flak position, with the target being a plane taking off and the camera follows the plane all the way down the runway?

So basicly i was wanting a stationary camera that will follow an object. is this possible?
TIGER, tiger, burning bright  
In the forests of the night,  
What immortal hand or eye  
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Film viewer help PLZ
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 06:01:13 PM »
I believe you use world relative, you won't be able to sit in the gunner position, but certainly near it.  

Select a position you want to start from and grab the starting position data, and then just change the angle of the camera at the ending position (do not use the arrow keys as this will physically move the camera on the ground, use the keypad numbers to change the viewing angle of the camera).

^ This may sound confusing.

In this short film, I used the world relative for the the fly by section during the time frame: 37 seconds to 42 seconds.  However, unlike the shot you're requesting, I moved the camera (using the arrow keys) as well as the angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYr850iBCEk

Plane relative using the plane as a center of focus for tracking.  World relative does not have a center of focus.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 06:04:27 PM by Fulmar »
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline 0Alpha0

• Zinc Member
Film viewer help PLZ
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 09:37:22 PM »
also, when you make a shot, how can you put a bunch of them together to just make one big movie...?