Author Topic: Hitech/Pyro Armor penetration data for various guns?  (Read 1340 times)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Hitech/Pyro Armor penetration data for various guns?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2004, 08:16:59 PM »
The Huri IID always sucked but for killing GV's imo, so no big suprise their. My observeation has been again that the anti GV aspect in terms of effect, not spoting, is basicaly the same in AH2 as it was In AH1, though I did kill a Tiger with 5 rockets from, a P38 the other night, which suprised the heck out of me, thought that was prety much imposable to do in AH1, not shure if it was a fluke or what.

Offline MadSquirrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2004, 04:48:35 AM »
I am going to put my 2 cents worth in on this as well.  The data provided at top is in error:

Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf H

Armor Detail   Front              Side               Rear             Top/Bottom

Hull                80mm@76*     30mm@90*   20mm@82*  10mm@0*

Superstrut.    80mm@80*     30mm@90*   20mm@79*  12mm@0-5

Turret            50mm@80*     30mm@64*   30mm@75*  15mm@0-7

Mantlet          50mm@60-90

Ref:  http://www.onwar.com/tanks/germany/tfpz4h.htm

Now there are penetration tables that will show armor thicknesses at different angels.  Your basic strafe attack will not hit the armor at 90 degrees so the listed thicknesses will be greater.  Add into that the deflection aspect of a strafe on a tank and you will see why strafe attacks against armor targets were generally unsuccessful.  Even bomb drops were not that successful other than to tip the tanks over.  There was a link to an article that discussed this issue, however I am unable to find it now.

I am sure someone knows where that article is and will post a link to it.

LTARsqrl  
:aok

Offline Tails4

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 03:55:58 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
cant speak about AHII, because i havent tried it yet.  But in AHI i had no problem popping panzers turrets with a few rounds of 50cal from FM2.  

I even showed LWhine, sorry, LTown repeatedly how its done (him in panzer) in the combat theatre after he accused me of cheating.

Explode them? its not that easy, but then - i prefer to pop their turret, neuter them, and laugh at them as they drive round in circles making smoke rings.
Did you just call LTOWN a whiner?!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 03:58:03 PM »
Originally posted by Tails4
Did you just call LTOWN a whiner?!

looking at the dates of the postings, the word "just" seems a bit unjustified to me...  :rolleyes:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 04:14:45 PM »
Tails4 - since this is your first post ever on this forum, be sure to read the rules listed at the top of every forum.

As you can see  - rule 13 would apply here.