Author Topic: What plane did you start out in?  (Read 1981 times)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
What plane did you start out in?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 10:16:09 AM »
Been fly'in and die'in in the jug since the start! i think it was the first plane i got a kill in! or maybe the p-38 (both are my favorites tho not as good as i would like to be in the 38 by any means) I fly the fm-2 alot now tho cause i like the underpowered little thing and how it will rope most any newby in anything looking for an easy kill, and they flock to it like cattle to the feed truck!:aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 10:26:41 AM »
B-24 for me

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2008, 10:28:40 AM »
Started out in the same plane im in now. Spit 1. Love it, and its brilliant fun. Tried the hurri 1 a bit but prefered the spit
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2008, 10:30:37 AM »
B-17G followed by the P-40E. Always had an attachment to the Warhawk.
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2008, 10:42:39 AM »
Wow, I actually had to go use the Pilot Stat pages to look back. It turns out that I started AH as a Tampoon driver. That's hillarious. My aim was so bad I couldn't hit with anything but Hispanos and .50s, so I opted for the punch.

I do remember being in love with the Hellcat for a while, but that was after I had gotten my feet wet with the 'Poon.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2008, 11:26:47 AM »
I started in Air Warrior with the F6F, because the F4U flight model was porked (pull back on the stick, and LITERALLY nothing happens unless you're going at 500mph).

AHII I started with the F4U-1 birdcage as my main dogfighter, with the 1C/D as ground attack, and the -4 whenever I needed a bit of uberness. Later I switched to the 1D. After it was added, I then made the 1A my primary ride.

I also dabbled a bit with the F6F and P-38, and occasionally roll an FM-2 or 25H, but I still primarily fly the 1A/4 for air-to-air, and 1C/D for ground attack.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2008, 11:39:21 AM »
Originally posted by macleod01
Started out in the same plane im in now. Spit 1. Love it, and its brilliant fun. Tried the hurri 1 a bit but prefered the spit

I don't often fly the Spitfire Ia but when I do it's so fun... except for the ailerons. Ever have the feeling that the Hurricane Ia is out turning you though? I looked it up on Gonzo's and it seems to do so.

Anyway I started flying a lot of planes. The very first time I flew it was offline in a P-38L since I wanted to learn to t/o and land, and the P-38 was the obious choice. After that, I took the F6F to learn CV landings.

Then I'm pretty much in the Spitfire V/VIII/IX with a fresh bit of F4U in there every now and then.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2008, 11:41:35 AM »
i started in the huriic  back when most didnt fly it. it was a 35 ride back then..
 moved to the A6m5. now i ride the yakt and u and the c205.

c205 is a fantastic plane
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2008, 11:43:29 AM »
My first rides were the spit 5, 38, 51 but I slowly grew a liking for the T-Bolt.
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Banshee7

Re: what plane
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2008, 11:58:14 AM »
Originally posted by 8313jbx
190a8

I landed my first kills in that plane.  I can remember it so well, it was NDisles map (Tank Town), i got three and said "CYA BOYS!!!"  with my whole squad covering my six:)

#S#

Banshee7

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: What plane did you start out in?
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2008, 01:33:59 PM »
Originally posted by JeepinAZ
I'm just curious what planes everyone started out in. I've been reading a lot of threads recommending spits to the Newbs then learn how to fly something else. I actually took my first flight in the P-47 & spent most of my time in it. I flew as IMXLR8N under the Bish at the time. I looked at my stats & had an impressive 58 kills /241 deaths overall 28 kills/124 deaths in a P-47 & I think it took me a week to land my first kill (I still remember asking why I didn't get my name in lights when I did so, lol).

Has anyone else started out in a non-spit ride? If so, did you stick with it?
i started out in the pony...found that whenever i tried to turn it hard, i suffered a departure stall, and ended up in the tower....then tried the 38, and stayed in the training arena for a long time till i thought i was ok to go to the main arenas....and promptly found out how hard it is to fly a 38 in mains. i then tried the spit...i think the 5 was the first one(this was hard as i refused to fly them in AW3..and hated them). it took me a little while, but found that the spits, hurri, and zekes kept me alive in a fight long enough to learn to maneuver the aircraft. now i'm trying to move to the pony again, and have had moderate success with the hellcat,.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2008, 02:05:45 PM »
I started in the C.205 then moved to a 190A-8 and havn't left the A-8 since.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2008, 02:34:38 PM »
Flew 38 almost full time since I started.   Joined p38 squad as soon as I was in the MA.... Some time ago.. :D

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »
P38 in Airwarrior and after totally not being able to master it in any way shape or form was told to fly spits instead. Still one of the toughest planes to fly and stay alive in... IMO

Offline Tattered

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2008, 03:18:42 PM »
190 (forget which one) and the ki-84