Author Topic: country jumping  (Read 1836 times)

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
country jumping
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2008, 11:34:59 PM »
There's one :).
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
country jumping
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2008, 12:18:09 AM »
NOE missions are not a walk in the park..

in many ways they carry more risk than a convention MASS mission..

just for starters if you are spotted by just on enemy more than 2 minutes from target..  the mission is usually totally screwed considering the TYPICAL NOE mission consists of relativly few fighters..  mostly attack aircraft and goons.. with a few fighters thrown in to deal with fighters upping from the field to attack the strike package..

you cant compare what goes on in AH to what went on in real life and judge by it for the simple reason..

F.E.A.R

in real life fear of death was a major factor.. and was considered when planning attacks and such..

in AH if a mission is coming in what do you get?  dweeb takes up LA7, blasts into the middle of the mission and kills (or tries to kill) the goon he has 0% chance of survival.. and if he fails the first attempt.. withing seconds hes back at it again.. over and over..

in one NOE mission that lasted about 6 miniutes from the moment we broke dar, till we got the capture..  I shot down 4 LA7s.. all flown by the same guy...
each time he would take off, and shoot along the deck towards the town (and goon)  he wouldn't bother even trying to evade me or anyone else..  just take off eat a helping of jug slugs, re up.. second course..  

I think he would have eventually got the goon of for no other reason than us running out of ammo.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 12:23:03 AM by Wingnutt »

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
country jumping
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2008, 02:27:06 AM »
I keep waiting for Hubs or Grits to jump in this thread...

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
country jumping
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2008, 11:35:50 AM »
Originally posted by Dragon
Look at Pearl Harbor.  Did the US run the the forums to complain?  No, no we didn't.  

:lol  Sure you did.  If by forums you mean the radio and the news papers I am pretty sure the articles were not reading about the amazing stratigery and planing of the Rooks attacking the Bish at Pearl Harbor.  I don't remember seeing anything about the honor and heroism of attacking an undefended base (kind of).

In addition, the members of the Rook squad that happened to be on the Bish side where identified as spying dweebs and put in camps.

See?  It is just like real life.  And btw, I don't know of any cases where 5 110s took a base

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
country jumping
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2008, 12:22:37 PM »
I switch countries routinely.  I don't ascribe to the belief that there are any definitive, timeless attributes to any chess piece, therefore I do not feel any sense of loyalty (to a virtual chess piece?).

I fly to fight with an occasional bomb run to switch gears (or if the fights are ghey with runners).  To maximize the fights I usually fly for the underdog.

I have no qualms about attacking a base and during the middle of the attack switch sides to defend it.  Why?  Because there were five people attacking and only one defending.  More targets for me.

As to NOE missions, I like them.  It's fun plus it sets up a really good chance of a good furball.  Do you think the side that just lost that base doesn't want it back?  Oh hell yeah they do.

NOE missions to capture the VH next to HQ are uber-ghey though.  If you want to destroy HQ do it like a man with 50+ Vals or 10 B-17s.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
country jumping
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2008, 12:49:01 PM »
Originally posted by mensa180
I'm not sure what shuff is talking about, the 80th are very loyal to one country.  If you aren't on one country all the time, then you don't have team spirit.  That's what causes our team to lose the war, and if you lose the war you aren't having fun.  Most of the war losing is due to furballers, who are the worst things to ever happen in the game, completely ruined it IMO.

I agree and wholeheartedly support your position sir!  You are and always will be the beacon of reason and logic that guides us poor huddled masses to Nirvana

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
country jumping
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2008, 03:14:57 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
I agree and wholeheartedly support your position sir!  You are and always will be the beacon of reason and logic that guides us poor huddled masses to Nirvana

ack-ack

:rofl

"Most of the war losing is due to furballers, who are the worst things to ever happen in the game, completely ruined it IMO"

And I thought it was called Aces High.

...-Gixer

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
country jumping
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2008, 03:53:41 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack

ack-ack

Thank you AKAK, you're one of the few respectable people left here.  
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
country jumping
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2008, 03:57:56 PM »
I jumped a country once but I had to get a run at it.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
country jumping
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2008, 04:10:21 PM »
Personally, I hate it when you jump a country and it ducks so you fly over it and land on your head and everyone laughs.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bergy

• Copper Member
country jumping
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2008, 04:28:19 PM »
If one logs on and chooses a country and flys that for the session fine. If you kill me (and most of you have LOL), and as I re-up I see you rolling down the runway as a countryman, I don't care for that, it makes me want to commit treason and shoot you down. I do understand and agree with the logic of equallizing the sides, just pick a side and stay there for a while. Just my .02
Game name ToeTag