Author Topic: Come on Axis!  (Read 2649 times)

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
Re: I don't care for japanese plane sets, thanks just the same
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 06:41:37 AM »
Originally posted by heythere
I logged on over the weekend for a bit but chasing ponies into the ack is no fun so I'll stay in the MA until there are german aircraft available.  this set if far too unbalanced for my taste.

Ain't that rich'''''''''':rofl
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 06:42:59 AM »
We had our squad night in the AvA last night and had a blast; we took bases, we shot down the enemy and we sank a CV.  Only thing we noticed different, was a lower number of Axis in the air.  And that made us feel like pigs, since we had to kill any aggression and capture the base pretty much alone.

The KI-84 is a match for about anything that the allies screw up and turn in; we were fighting heavy so we could still hit our targets, and were still taking out any allied aircraft that got in our way.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 07:40:23 AM »
eaglepoo,

I invite you fly axis in this set up so you can see what I mean.  IIRC your squad switched numerous times during the five week event, why not do so now?

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 09:10:47 AM »
I'm waiting for the next war, this setup is bunk imho
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 09:52:44 AM »
hardness of CV's have been adjusted.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
Come on Axis!
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 12:39:50 PM »
Whats the current hardness??
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 12:39:54 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
hardness of CV's have been adjusted.

Might have overadjusted, I just sank an undamaged CV with 1 flight of B25-Cs @ 3K per bomber thats only 9K of bombs. I agree that 45K is too much, but 9K is too little. IMHO they should be at around 20K.

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
Come on Axis!
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 12:41:01 PM »
yeah thats too little!!  20k sounds good!!  I need a place to keep my sheepboy magazines!!
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 12:57:36 PM »
Pacific setups have always been very unpopular in the AvA.  In some setups after the first day the AvA would remain completely empty. lol  The Japanese planeset is just too full of holes, and EVERYONE gets tired of flying Zeros after awhile.  The Ki-84 is awesome, the Ki-61 rocks but...compared to a well flown F4U...there's not much they can do.  The Americans have a clear advantage.  Like TK said, I invite the allies to swap sides for a few days and then they'll quickly understand how frustrating it is.

Pacific setups have only been fun when the sides were fluid and squads spent time on both sides.
P-47 pilot

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 01:11:57 PM »
eaglepoo,

I invite you fly axis in this set up so you can see what I mean.  IIRC your squad switched numerous times during the five week event, why not do so now?

i will make it a point to as long as you come fly my wing ,try to make it tonight ,but the IJN planset is VERY capable the KI is a deadly machine when flown to its strengths

insted of throwing in the towel take up the challenge , thats all

oh and if we get there tonight for squad night and the sides are slanted ,we WILL swicth sides , and if that night is tonight i want you to be our guest
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:14:12 PM by 1redrum »
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 03:31:08 PM »
Some of the most fun I ever had in the game was in the old "CT" as the underdog. VF-17 flew the Japanese planeset many a time to balance. Guess it's all in the mentality of it. The "won't play if it's harder for me to 'win' than my opponent to" is really an MA one that's hard to shake for some. But they never will unless someone takes them under their wing, per say, and shares the joy of the true spirit of the virtual samaurai.

Offline bkwolf

• Copper Member
      • http://www.avengersonline.com/index.html
Come on Axis!
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 04:33:35 PM »
We have our "Naked night"fighter sweeps tonight ,Axis this TOD.If you show up, BYOS(bring your own sheep).:D

I enjoy the PTO sometimes,Its a nice change of pace from the ETO..need a few more Nip planes though.
Bkwolf
~Avengers~
AVA Axis

Currently MIA

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »
you miss my point arlo, its not about the planeset being too hard its about having to chase these guys back to the ack with little hope of catching them.

very few players fight in any of the arenas, this one being no exception.

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 04:50:43 PM »
I will try to have the Death Dragons in there tonight, no garuntees though.
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 05:00:44 PM »
you miss my point arlo, its not about the planeset being too hard its about having to chase these guys back to the ack with little hope of catching them.

very few players fight in any of the arenas, this one being no exception.

You sir, are missing the point.

Find the Virt. Fighting - 31 (VF-31 Tomcatters), we will not run to the ack.  I and the rest of my squad would rather fight away from it & can't stand people who do.
Hitting trees since tour 78