Author Topic: Come on Axis!  (Read 2653 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Come on Axis!
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2008, 09:22:14 AM »
Originally posted by Gunter Van Ulm
but heaven forbid you point the nose down...  Visions of the six million dollar man flash through my head when I fly this POS "she's breaking up!  She's breaking up!"...  I thought this bird could actually turn, but the only thing I can turn with consistently has been the 38 series, pretty much everything else floats away, or manages to get enough dive speed to limit the KI's control surfaces.  

Not impressed.

i flew the ki-84 last night and found that it was a good turner and a good diver, IF YOU TAKE POWER OFF! if you dont, you're screwed. i dove out from under a p47 and pulled up just a few inches off the ground. its just a matter of getting used to it.

i also flew the zeke last night and found the turning ability a advantage and its speed a disadvantage. at one point, according to my squaddies, i managed to hold off about 15 planes that were all trying to get me over 18. i managed to get lucky and out manuever them for awhile but it was only a matter of time. 15 V 1 is a little tough.

Luckily we fly Luftwaffe planes most of the time so we're used to planes with personalities. you guys that fly allied planes arent quite as good with a airframe personality.

come fly with us for a bit and you'll learn. i went into the MA and grabbed a spit 14 and was devastating with it. 4 kills right off the bat. as soon as i went back to the FW i got my lunch handed to me. its a much harder plane set. if you can get good with a flying tank, you will wreak havoc in a better plane. just my 2 cents.

In case you're wondering, im only into this game a few months, so im pretty new  

:aok :aok

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2008, 09:40:10 AM »
Originally posted by Gunter Van Ulm
Being der uber noob to AH II this is the first time I have flown the IJ aircraft as modeled and am pretty disgusted with the plane set.

The A6M5 is...well a zeke.  I farted and lost an elevator in that damn thing, and of course it bursts into flame at the mere thought of being hit by an enemy tracer.  The zeke is minced meat against the hawg and hellcat series.

(good episode of dogfight for the hellcat fans:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7XJGsbhCgc&feature=related )

The KI84 accelerates well, climbs well, and is speedier, but heaven forbid you point the nose down...  Visions of the six million dollar man flash through my head when I fly this POS "she's breaking up!  She's breaking up!"...  I thought this bird could actually turn, but the only thing I can turn with consistently has been the 38 series, pretty much everything else floats away, or manages to get enough dive speed to limit the KI's control surfaces.  

Not impressed.

Ki-84-Ia has 839 Kills of All models
All models have 489 Kills of Ki-84-Ia

Ki-61 has 136 Kills of All models
All models have 76 Kills of Ki-61

A6M5b has 185 Kills of All models
All models have 170 Kills of A6M5b

Impressed or not, this weeks arena stats, beg to differ.  Even your "zeke" is holding it's own, sir.

EDIT:  Ki-84-Ia has 204 Kills of F6F-5
F6F-5 has 121 Kills of Ki-84-Ia

Corsair is fairing just as bad:
Ki-84-Ia has 146 Kills of F4U-1D
F4U-1D has 74 Kills of Ki-84-Ia

Lightnings:
Ki-84-Ia has 37 Kills of P-38L
P-38L has 9 Kills of Ki-84-Ia
Ki-84-Ia has 13 Kills of P-38J
P-38J has 9 Kills of Ki-84-Ia

Ki-84-Ia has 78 Kills of FM2
FM2 has 45 Kills of Ki-84-Ia

Mustangs:  Holding their own
Ki-84-Ia has 57 Kills of P-51D
P-51D has 64 Kills of Ki-84-Ia
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:03:19 AM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2008, 10:06:08 AM »
Originally posted by Stampf
Ki-84-Ia has 839 Kills of All models
All models have 489 Kills of Ki-84-Ia

Ki-61 has 136 Kills of All models
All models have 76 Kills of Ki-61

A6M5b has 185 Kills of All models
All models have 170 Kills of A6M5b

Impressed or not, this weeks arena stats, beg to differ.  Even your "zeke" is holding it's own, sir.

EDIT:  Ki-84-Ia has 204 Kills of F6F-5
F6F-5 has 121 Kills of Ki-84-Ia

Corsair is fairing just as bad:
Ki-84-Ia has 146 Kills of F4U-1D
F4U-1D has 74 Kills of Ki-84-Ia

Lightnings:
Ki-84-Ia has 37 Kills of P-38L
P-38L has 9 Kills of Ki-84-Ia
Ki-84-Ia has 13 Kills of P-38J
P-38J has 9 Kills of Ki-84-Ia

Ki-84-Ia has 78 Kills of FM2
FM2 has 45 Kills of Ki-84-Ia

I'd like to add to this, apart from the Stats; The Axis has the single most underestimated plane in the entire AH planeset, too. The Ki-61.

Many of you will find it's an incredibly good plane, even if it is just a tad slower than the other Axis planes' most are used too. It's really alot like flying a 109E or F.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2008, 10:17:47 AM »
KI- 61 is a dream.

to continue...

The zeke is minced meat against the hawg and hellcat series.

A6M5b has 32 Kills of F4U-1D
F4U-1D has 26 Kills of A6M5b

A6M5b has 42 Kills of F6F-5
F6F-5 has 51 Kills of A6M5b

...nope.

...and the hot rod FM2 (I like that ride).(?)

A6M5b has 80 Kills of FM2
FM2 has 75 Kills of A6M5b

..uhm, nope.

My point in bringing this out is really simple.  If you trully are the "uber Noob", grab some countrymen, and instead of getting disgusted, get some seat time.

These are all capable fighter planes.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:26:26 AM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2008, 10:36:09 AM »
KI- 61 is a dream.

to continue...

A6M5b has 32 Kills of F4U-1D
F4U-1D has 26 Kills of A6M5b

A6M5b has 42 Kills of F6F-5
F6F-5 has 51 Kills of A6M5b

...nope.

...and the hot rod FM2 (I like that ride).(?)

A6M5b has 80 Kills of FM2
FM2 has 75 Kills of A6M5b

..uhm, nope.

My point in bringing this out is really simple.  If you trully are the "uber Noob", grab some countrymen, and instead of getting disgusted, get some seat time.

These are all capable fighter planes.

You have been hanging out with Lusche too much, I think!
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2008, 10:49:51 AM »
heh,

Ya never know Von, Herr VanUlm may be the next schmutzigerhund...Gotta keep a clear head.

VanUlm...If you plan on flying in the AvA often, and we all hope you do, you might want to consider the Allied rides too, for if you are disgusted with Axis PTO, you will never have fun in ETO.  The Japaneese aircraft are very easy to fly and do well in compared to the aircraft of Germany.

Stick with it.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2008, 11:37:39 AM »
anUlm...If you plan on flying in the AvA often, and we all hope you do, you might want to consider the Allied rides too

Which leads to another very good point:  Flying the AvA almost necessarily teaches you to master quite a wide variety of planes.  You won't be able to grab your P-51, Spit 16, 109K4 or whatever and fly nothing else forever.  This is one of the reasons for the arena's traditional low numbers, but it's also one of the features that makes it a lot of fun for people who aren't wedded to a single aircraft.

- oldman

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2008, 11:40:28 AM »
heh,

Ya never know Von, Herr VanUlm may be the next schmutzigerhund...Gotta keep a clear head.

VanUlm...If you plan on flying in the AvA often, and we all hope you do, you might want to consider the Allied rides too, for if you are disgusted with Axis PTO, you will never have fun in ETO.  The Japaneese aircraft are very easy to fly and do well in compared to the aircraft of Germany.

Stick with it.

I was referring to the compilation and study of data, ala Herr Lusche  :rofl

:O    I am the ONLY  Schmutziger Hund!!
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Come on Axis!
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2008, 04:58:57 PM »
Originally posted by captain1ma
Luckily we fly Luftwaffe planes most of the time so we're used to planes with personalities. you guys that fly allied planes arent quite as good with a airframe personality.

You want to feel special really bad don't you?:lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »
I am the ONLY Schmutziger Hund!!

For that we give thanks and praise.;)
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Gunter Van Ulm

• Zinc Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2008, 06:41:38 PM »
"Impressed or not, this weeks arena stats, beg to differ. Even your "zeke" is holding it's own, sir."

I was flying near the JG54 boys last night methinks, and they were indeed tearing it up!  Awesome team work, and it was great to watch.

The german iron I am far more familiar with, but I am sticking with it because the AvA is about as close as I can get to what I enjoy the most out of these flight sims.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Come on Axis!
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2008, 07:38:07 PM »
Originally posted by captain1ma

come fly with us for a bit and you'll learn. i went into the MA and grabbed a spit 14 and was devastating with it. 4 kills right off the bat. as soon as i went back to the FW i got my lunch handed to me. its a much harder plane set. if you can get good with a flying tank, you will wreak havoc in a better plane. just my 2 cents.

:aok :aok

No offense but you haven't flown the Spitfire Mk XIV within the last 3 tours and from your record, you don't do very well in the FW190, let alone any other German plane.  All bark, no bite?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Come on Axis!
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2008, 08:03:39 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
No offense but you haven't flown the Spitfire Mk XIV within the last 3 tours and from your record, you don't do very well in the FW190, let alone any other German plane.  All bark, no bite?

ack-ack

oh oh, Ack Ack has found the AvA forums. Quick, get the MP40s!

:t

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2008, 11:52:04 PM »
Personally I love the Ki-61 more than the Ki-84.
Rolling Thunder

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Come on Axis!
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2008, 06:01:07 AM »
but I am sticking with it because the AvA is about as close as I can get to what I enjoy the most out of these flight sims.

Glad to hear that.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -