Author Topic: Winner of the war is...  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 08:10:50 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Wooot!

If I may I would like to nominate Stampf and Lutrel for the Knights Cross and German Cross. If it wasnt for them bringing thier squads in axis would have never been able to win.:aok

:aok TK.  We really enjoyed it.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 09:00:59 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Dont worry I bet youll be here for the sequel.:D

Planning on it. Even gonna build a class a hotrod desktop! Ok ... well ... maybe a class b. :D

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 10:11:11 PM »
Wtg axis, big to TK, stampf, lutrel, and the rest of the axis forces fighting hard daily throughout that 5 week war!

Was hectic, but we pulled it off, congratulations everyone! :aok

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 10:29:29 PM »
WTFG Fellas

<>

:aok
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 11:22:47 PM »
Originally posted by Odee
Go TK  You rocksed us Allies  

From my detached point of view, there was one particular moment in this whole war thing that I thought was a turning point.  It was very early in the war - first pick time, I believe - when the Axis commander got to pick between the 109F and the 190A5.  TK picked the FW.  I said to Soda something like, "WTF is TK thinking?  This is the end of the Axis."  Turned out to be the smartest move, by either side, of the entire war.  Rather than accomodate the lowest common denominator and choose the easier plane, TK picked the harder plane and forced his people to learn to fly it.  I thought this was a real demonstration of leadership on TK's part, and dedication on the Axis flyers' parts.

- oldman

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 11:28:17 PM »
its not a red x ,its a scarlet letter[/color]

Salute to both commanders
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 02:30:34 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
From my detached point of view, there was one particular moment in this whole war thing that I thought was a turning point.  It was very early in the war - first pick time, I believe - when the Axis commander got to pick between the 109F and the 190A5.  TK picked the FW.  I said to Soda something like, "WTF is TK thinking?  This is the end of the Axis."  Turned out to be the smartest move, by either side, of the entire war.  Rather than accomodate the lowest common denominator and choose the easier plane, TK picked the harder plane and forced his people to learn to fly it.  I thought this was a real demonstration of leadership on TK's part, and dedication on the Axis flyers' parts.

- oldman

It really isnt a hard plane to fly. Most of the LW pilots know how to handle a FW. Mainly it was the people trying to act like LW pilots whining "why did you pick the 190 it sucks the 109 is better blah blah blah". Most of all one guy whined about how much it sucked every time he loged on while everyone else was landing kills in it left and right.

Main reason I picked it is overall it is a better plane. Its faster, it climbs better, it rolls better, it holds E better, its better in a dive, and it has alot more fire power. The only thing the 109 has on the 190a5 is turning. We already had turny planes and I wanted to us to use team work. The Fws would run down the enemy and the 109E,110c or A6Ms would out turn them.

Its like being in the MA and seeing a La7 running you down and a spit right behind him. You know your ganna have to turn becuase of the LA and the spits ganna eat your lunch.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 02:37:52 AM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 09:01:01 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
How bout the next propaganda occifer?

comrade Stalin does not take 'no' for an answer....

:)

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 09:10:13 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731

- oldman
I think your assessment of the the LW players ability in the 190 is off.  I can think of more than a few dedicated LW players who are very capable in the 190s even in a down and dirty turn/stall fight.  this comes from what must be recognized as years of familiarity and a heartfelt appreciation for what was arguably the very best fighter in that conflict.

the players I think are great in the FW190
are stampf, vater, 33vortex, truekill, & N72  honorable mention would go to republic, vonmessa, rmrider and azbaer.

there are others too but their cpids escape me at the moment.

to JG11 and JG54 two fraternal squads that take flying the 190 in cartoonland to the limit.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 09:14:05 AM by heythere »

Offline Gabriel

• Copper Member
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 11:37:02 AM »
Get my internet connection back and it's over.

:t

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 04:43:16 PM »
Originally posted by heythere
I think your assessment of the the LW players ability in the 190 is off.  I can think of more than a few dedicated LW players who are very capable in the 190s even in a down and dirty turn/stall fight.  this comes from what must be recognized as years of familiarity and a heartfelt appreciation for what was arguably the very best fighter in that conflict.

the players I think are great in the FW190
are stampf, vater, 33vortex, truekill, & N72  honorable mention would go to republic, vonmessa, rmrider and azbaer.

there are others too but their cpids escape me at the moment.

to JG11 and JG54 two fraternal squads that take flying the 190 in cartoonland to the limit.

It's a love affair with that aircraft.  To be grouped with those fellas is a honor.  I have been very lucky to have had some of those mentioned as friends and trainers.

I would certainly add Teutonic, TUXC123, and Storch, and others to that list.

The comraderie within and now growing between the 11th and 54th is quite unique, and coupled with the passion and dedication of the members, it makes for a fun and formidable unified force.

Heythere, and thank you.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 05:54:33 PM »
When JG54 isn't in the arena I always look for JG11 pilots to fly with.  Great group of guys
P-47 pilot

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Winner of the war is...
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 08:14:25 AM »
i concur!! :)