Author Topic: Furball arena//DA  (Read 575 times)

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Furball arena//DA
« on: February 24, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »
Why land kills ?
Why jump into a 1v1 ?
Why enable the 262 ?
Why won't Levi fite Bat ?

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Furball arena//DA
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 07:22:27 PM »
At least someone else shares the same opinions.  I remember when you could go over to the DA furball area and look forward to a good 1v1 pretty much all the time, except for the dedicated 3v3 furballs in the very middle, and even those were respectful.

The think I liked most about the DA furball was that it was informal.  You upped, not knowing who you would be fighting and what you would be fighting.  Also worked for me because I never knew when I would have to leave and I didn't want  to waste peoples time asking them to duel, set it all up, and then have to leave.

Now though, it's just all perked aircraft/spits, which I don't really have a problem with, hey more practice for me.  But it's the whole "mini MA" mentality that has taken over now, with no respect to a good 1v1, gangbaning, ho'ing etc.  

I remember once I was about 5 minutes into a good 1v1 with a F4U.  I saw a friendly about 2.5k out and closing straight for my enemy.  I asked him on range and typed "______ please stay out of our fight unless he happens to kill me, then he's all yours," or something to that nature.  I even got a "ok, I will."  What do you know, he goes straight in and tries to pick him while he's slow, right after he said he wouldn't.:rolleyes:

Pretty much why I have stopped going into the da completely.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline jododger

• Copper Member
Furball arena//DA
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 07:59:57 PM »
Agent360 had a good post last time we did this.  Basically
in the furball area stay on the edge of the water and the fight will
come to you(usually it’s a good one).  There are other fields that can be used  for many GF's.  I agree its not all good but its also not all bad
Dodger
It's about the fight.

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Furball arena//DA
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:39:19 PM »
One unnamed squad goes in there to practice wingman tactics and formation landing of 5-6 cherry picks apiece.

WTG!  :rolleyes:

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Furball arena//DA
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 11:18:17 PM »
The DA furball area is were all the squeakers that used to play H2H go now that they got thier mommys and daddys to pay for AH.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Geophro

• Copper Member
Furball arena//DA
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 08:08:13 AM »
I have only tried the DA a few times, for obvious reasons.

Flying the edges of the furball area is at best only moderately effective.  You can get pure 1v1s there, but only if they are quick.  If you find that even matchup that results in an extended engagement that an apparently dwindling part of the population is looking for, be assured that somebody is inbound to spoil it.

The times I have asked on 200 for somebody to meet me at an outlying field have only resulted in silence.  Just upping from an outlying field is a complete waste of time.

My solution is to log in MW, change countries to the one with the lowest numbers, find the closest enemy airfield with active dar, up whatever plane I am working on at the time and go buzz around the dar ring at 5K agl.  If nobody shows, I whine on 200 about the milkrunner at the base I am at.  The results are a 50% chance of burning my 40 minutes of fuel up (P-40E 50% +DT) and going home bored, a 30% chance of the bardar lighting up and dodging the subsequent HOs from the Hurri and 110 tag team while the Spit closes in for the kill, or a 20% chance of getting my fight.  That sounds like bad odds, but once I find the fight I can usually keep returning.  The offer of easy kills may be what keeps them interested though, I can't be sure.  This lasts until my opponent gets bored or I come back from getting a drink and the war has caught up to my autoclimb.  

The benefit of an arena is that you can always go do something else for a while to keep things interesting, like support the war, up an osti or roll some bombers.

The TA is good up to a point, but without the penalty of awarding a kill and having to re-up again, the fights can not get as intense.  You also cannot learn how to fight with a partially damaged aircraft.
Jephro
Dying as Geophro Tour 91-Tour 104
Getting kills is easy.  Earning kills is better.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Furball arena//DA
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 08:26:08 AM »
The furball lake in the DA is the training ground for the NEDT.(the New Era of Dweebs and Twits):aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Furball arena//DA
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 08:33:19 AM »
I know HT is expecting a post from me on this thread, so here it is :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Furball arena//DA
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 08:37:36 AM »
Fight, die, reup.  Rinse, repeat.  
And if you fly your plane like it's a pink tutu, e.g. run to the ack from a 1:1 or orbit 6K&+ above the furball... "Sucks to be you".
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you