Author Topic: I'm getting the Blue Screen O Death!!  (Read 874 times)

Offline RedGiant

• Zinc Member
I'm getting the Blue Screen O Death!!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 01:17:17 AM »
Originally posted by AKDogg
Sounds like it the soundcard drivers for your Sound blaster Audigy.  If I remember correctly, that file is for the audigy sound card.  Update the sound card drivers.  If they are up to date then I say unistall it completly and reinstall it.  Makae sure when u uninstall it, u get rid of all the drivers for it before u reinstall it.

To expand on that, us this......DriverCleaner
It has a setting for Creative.  It will find ANY and ALL remnants of anything left over after uninstalling your Audigy Drivers.  Then use this.....CCleaner
This is a GREAT program I use daily.  It will empty all or temp folders of any junk, and also contains a fairly safe registry cleaning tool which allows you to make a backup of your registry incase you mess things up.  The registry cleaner will remove any left over entries in the registry of things you've change, move around, or uninstalled/deleted.  
I've never had a problem with it ever.

Also, run memtest like everyone else said.  Most of the time, in my experience, stop errors usually signal bad memory.  Also, are you running different brands of memory with different speeds (like pc3200 with pc4000 and so forth)?
This can be your problem.  When ever possible, ALL of your memory should be the same brand, model, and speed.  ESPECIALLY when you're running 4 sticks.  My suggestion would be to sell of those four sticks and get 2 identical sticks that amount to the same amount of memory.  Most likely, you will have less problems, tighter timings, and over heating will be less of an issue.

Memory, after your processor and possibly video card, creates obnoxious amounts of heat inside your case.  The less you have physically (having 2X1 gig sticks as opposed to 4X 512 sticks), the better.  And, if you are running dualchannel, always use a matched pair.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 09:29:22 AM »
O BTW, if u have a soundpack installed, makesure it doesn't have stereo sounds.  Stereo sounds are a No NO in AH as per Skuzzy.  Can cause different issues.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 12:05:59 AM »
RedGiant, I have had ccleaner for over a year but thanks just the same for your help.

I went ahead and got a new Sound Card.  Hopefully this will fix it.

X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series

Technical Specs
24-bit Analog-to-Digital conversion of analog inputs:    96kHz sample rate
24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of digital sources:    96kHz to analog 7.1 speaker output
24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of stereo digital sources:    192kHz to stereo output
16-bit to 24-bit recording sampling rates:    8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 and 96kHz
ASIO 2.0 support:    16-bit/44.1kHz, 16-bit/48kHz, 24-bit/44.1kHz 24-bit/48kHz and 24-bit/96kHz with direct monitoring
Enhanced SoundFont support:    Up to 24-bit resolution
X-RAM:    64MB
Audio Performance (Rated Output @ 2Vrms, Typical Value)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (20kHz Low-pass filter, A-Weighted):    Stereo Output 109dB
Front and Rear Channels 109dB
Center, Subwoofer and Side Channels 109dB
Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise at 1kHz (20kHz Low-pass filter):    0.004%
Frequency Response (-3dB, 24-bit/96kHz input ):    10Hz to 46kHz
Frequency Response (-3dB, 24-bit/192kHz input):    10Hz to 88kHz (Stereo only)
Connectivity
Speaker and Headphone connections:    Stereo to 7.1 (Line Out via three 3.5mm mini jacks)
Flexijack:    Line In / Microphone In / Digital Outš / Digital I/O˛ via shared 3.5mm mini jack
Auxiliary Line level Input:    4-pin Molex connector
I/O Console connector:    For linking to the Sound Blaster X-Fi I/O Console
Hitting trees since tour 78