Author Topic: what gives?  (Read 4553 times)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
what gives?
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2008, 01:14:21 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
What I am saying that the 6 guns on the F4F-4 only increases the amount of guns over the F4F-3, not firepower since the ammo load was the same in the F-4 version as it was in the F-3.  

So more guns doesn't equal more firepower, more ammo does?
P-47 pilot

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
what gives?
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2008, 08:48:34 PM »
Figured I would check the stats and look what I found.....

F4F-4 has 20 Kills of A6M2
A6M2 has 25 Kills of F4F-4

Im the Early War Tour 96

Guess that shoots down how uber the F4F is, unless you guys want to start claiming how uber the Zero is.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
what gives?
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2008, 11:06:52 PM »
Originally posted by Tango
Figured I would check the stats and look what I found.....

F4F-4 has 20 Kills of A6M2
A6M2 has 25 Kills of F4F-4

Im the Early War Tour 96

Guess that shoots down how uber the F4F is, unless you guys want to start claiming how uber the Zero is.

Tango, I guess you haven't been reading these boards long enough. I can tell you what the response to this post will be. You're farting against thunder, the F4F is gone let it RIP along with this thread.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
what gives?
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2008, 12:15:20 AM »
Stats mean nothing since you dont know how they were killed. It is the EWMA afterall.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
what gives?
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2008, 01:05:24 AM »
Originally posted by republic
So more guns doesn't equal more firepower, more ammo does?

Let me clarify my point further, the "lethality" of the F4F-4 did not increase over the F4F-3 after the addition of the 2 extra .50 caliber machine guns.  It was a real complaint of those naval pilots that were upgraded to the F-4 series, there was no increase in fire power, ammo load remained the same as the F-3 series in addition to decreased fire time.  The 6 guns did not make the F-4 series a killing machine.

Again, you may complain about the toughness of the Wildcat but complaining that somehow it's fire power is uber over planes like the Bf109E/F or the Zeke models is groundless.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
what gives?
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2008, 01:19:19 AM »
Ack ack thinks that 53 rounds per second is the same firepower of 80 rounds per second. They both may have the same ammo load but 6 .50cals is 1/3 more firepower then 4 of them.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
what gives?
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2008, 07:16:05 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Tango, I guess you haven't been reading these boards long enough. I can tell you what the response to this post will be. You're farting against thunder, the F4F is gone let it RIP along with this thread.

Oh I know its gone. I just can't believe these guys think its an uber plane compared to the ones in there now.

Then when I post some stats, they say we don't know how they were killed. Except that the stats show the Zero has more kills on them than the F4F does on the Zero.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline republic

• Silver Member
what gives?
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2008, 08:20:24 AM »
:rofl
I don't think you get it.  None of the axis wanted the plane gone (none that I know of anyhow).  I'm all for bringing it back.  As I said before in the last war the allies had the F4F...it wasn't an issue.  I'd like to see the F4F in here and the C.202 it would be something different.  Instead, what we have is a BoB setup with a zeke and a P40...it's boring from both sides.

The Axis firepower advantage is somewhat moot.  The 109E has a couple spurts of cannon, then it's 2 machineguns...  The 110 has plenty of firepower but can only bring it to bear with assistance from wingmen.  If you get shot down in a hurri/spit 1v1 with a 110, either he hoed you, he's exceptionally good, or you just stink.

My posts were simply to attempt to fight the never ending parade of allies who bemoan and over exaggerate the inequalities...  It tends to get old.

I bet 10 bux once you have a Spit with deathray Hispanos all whining will cease...well...whining about airframes.  Then it'll be whines about...everything else....until we get the 262 then the allies will just leave the arena.

It's the nature of a rolling planeset, sometimes your up, sometimes your down.  Welcome to the AvA.  :)
P-47 pilot

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
what gives?
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2008, 08:42:01 AM »
Originally posted by republic
:rofl
I don't think you get it.  None of the axis wanted the plane gone (none that I know of anyhow).  I'm all for bringing it back.  As I said before in the last war the allies had the F4F...it wasn't an issue.  I'd like to see the F4F in here and the C.202 it would be something different.  Instead, what we have is a BoB setup with a zeke and a P40...it's boring from both sides.

The Axis firepower advantage is somewhat moot.  The 109E has a couple spurts of cannon, then it's 2 machineguns...  The 110 has plenty of firepower but can only bring it to bear with assistance from wingmen.  If you get shot down in a hurri/spit 1v1 with a 110, either he hoed you, he's exceptionally good, or you just stink.

My posts were simply to attempt to fight the never ending parade of allies who bemoan and over exaggerate the inequalities...  It tends to get old.

I bet 10 bux once you have a Spit with deathray Hispanos all whining will cease...well...whining about airframes.  Then it'll be whines about...everything else....until we get the 262 then the allies will just leave the arena.

It's the nature of a rolling planeset, sometimes your up, sometimes your down.  Welcome to the AvA.  :)

Every post you make is a whine. You whine about whining , you whine that the Axis have the tougest planeset except for one week. You whine because the Allies don't understand how hard it is to be an Axis superman. You even had a hidden whine about alt monkeys in your supposed Positve AVA thread.

If you look above at your statement... The statement is framed in a whine.

My posts were simply to attempt to fight the never ending parade of allies who bemoan and over exaggerate the inequalities...  It tends to get old.[/b]

Above it is a whine about Axis firepower advantage being moot.

Below it you whine about  the  Spitfires hispanos and how nobody wants to be your 262 fodder.

Republic if you want to stop the whining set the example. You just prime the whine well with whines.:rolleyes:

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline republic

• Silver Member
what gives?
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2008, 08:44:10 AM »
I post because I'm unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I post....*fart*

Awww shucks Shifty, I'm starting to think you like me.
P-47 pilot

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
what gives?
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2008, 08:54:33 AM »
Altering the words of a person because you can't despute them is a sign of defeat.

You're right, I do like you big fella. ;)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
what gives?
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2008, 09:07:16 AM »
Altering the words of a person because you can is a sign of victory.

You're right, I do like you big fella. ;)

New Diaper please!!! This one has a Rash too!!

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
what gives?
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2008, 09:10:27 AM »
You whine about whining
So I guess you're whining about whining about whining.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
what gives?
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2008, 09:16:54 AM »
Originally posted by KONG1
So I guess you're whining about whining about whining.

Oh yeah!

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
what gives?
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2008, 09:24:29 AM »
Oh yeah!
:lol :rofl

thus goeth my whine.
:noid
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed