Author Topic: Frame 2 AAR's for Allied?  (Read 225 times)

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
Frame 2 AAR's for Allied?
« on: February 24, 2008, 12:30:28 AM »
I have a fair idea how most of the night evolved. I would like to hear about what happened to Attack groups 2, 3, and 4.

Also some reports from the defence groups as well. Just want to learn as much as I can about the night.
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Frame 2 AAR's for Allied?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 02:35:48 AM »
I've been trying to FORGET Frame 2. :rolleyes:

VMF-251 rolled out of C126 and proceeded immediately to the east edge of 8.9/9.9 to begin patrol. The squadron split into two flights. Red Flight, consisting of four ships led by myself, took low CAP at 15k to patrol for enemy bombers. Blue Flight led by squad X/O MEF4UD consisting of two patrolled high (22k).

Contact was made and called out by Red Flight, multiple 190s at +20k. No sign of enemy bombers/jabos low. In order to avoid being picked apart, Red Flight ducked into the cloud bank and proceeded back towards C126 to regroup with reinforcements. Blue Flight was Co-Alt+ with the 190s and provided some cover before joining us over 126.

Red Flight formed up with friendlies from the larger reserve squadron, however they didn't have time to get to altitude to engage the 190s before they arrived over 126. The rest of the engagement was spent trying to pull the enemy down from their perch, which they refused to take the bait. 251 ultimately claimed 2 190s but none of us made it back to the carrier. The 190s had too much altitude over the CAP squadrons, and were able to pick us off at their leisure.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:39:05 AM by Saxman »
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.