Author Topic: X52 + F6 zoom  (Read 364 times)

Offline hyster

• Copper Member
X52 + F6 zoom
« on: February 24, 2008, 07:00:30 AM »
not sure if this is a problem but i have a x-52, i have the slider set to zoom (works fine for the normal cockpit/gunner positions) but when im in F6 i have to hit Z (as normal to activate the slider/zoom) move the slider to how much i want to zoom then hit one of the bracket keys to actualy zoom in/out.

is this normal or is it something ive set up wrong in my config?

using zoom in cockpit.
press Z to activate zoom
move slider to zoom in/out

using zoom in F6.
press Z to activate zoom
move slider to 50% zoom
press ] to zoom 50%
move slider to 0% zoom
press [ to zoom 0%

just using the bracket keys by themselfs dosent do anything, they only zoom to what the slider is set too.

its a pain in the a**s when trying to line up on bombing run.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 07:09:19 AM by hyster »

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
X52 + F6 zoom
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 07:16:28 PM »
I use the button just past the slider on the throttle and then use the upper hat switch on the joystick left+right to zoom in and out.  Works in both regular and F6 modes.
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline hyster

• Copper Member
X52 + F6 zoom
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 06:58:21 AM »
ive tryed that but i find its too slow to zoom. i like to zoom in quick to see what the conn is doing then zoom out a bit to get a larger field of view.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
X52 + F6 zoom
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 07:27:25 AM »
Originally posted by hyster
ive tryed that but i find its too slow to zoom. i like to zoom in quick to see what the conn is doing then zoom out a bit to get a larger field of view.

I have button on my controller set up as "forward view" with the head position saved in a tight zoom. During a fight I hit the button for a quick up close view to see which way they are going, and when I release its back to my normal view.

Quick and easy. In F6 view you don't need the speed, so I use two other buttons, one moves in, the moves out mimicking the "[]" keys.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 07:29:55 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
X52 + F6 zoom
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 02:43:40 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
I have button on my controller set up as "forward view" with the head position saved in a tight zoom. During a fight I hit the button for a quick up close view to see which way they are going, and when I release its back to my normal view.
That's not "zoom".  Your saved forward view is simply moving your head forward within the cockpit but it doesn't save a true "zoom" setting (i.e., it doesn't magnify the size of distant objects).

I'm having the same issue as hyster.  I've mapped my FOV zoom to a rotary and Z key to a throttle button on my X52 Pro.  Works great in normal views (hit Z and then continuously change the amount of zoom with the rotary) but does not work in the bombadier position.  

Sketch, you're just using key mapping to change your zoom.  To use a rotary or the precision slide you have to map FOV to that axis and then calibrate it.  I used to use the throttle hat that way also but using a rotary I can immediately set it to center (in the detent) or roll it in (or out) in preparation for a strafing run, dive bombing, etc.  Works great, just wish I could get the bombsite to work right.

If I can sort it out I'll post the answer.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
X52 + F6 zoom
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 10:27:18 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive

Quick and easy. In F6 view you don't need the speed, so I use two other buttons, one moves in, the moves out mimicking the "[]" keys.

Same here... up on the main hat switch and I zoom in auto to a set distance.  Works nice! :aok
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~