Author Topic: Who are this people?  (Read 1148 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Who are this people?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 01:58:53 PM »
Is it some kind of an idiomatic expression? Would You be so kind to explain it in other words?

It is an odd phrase.  Mostly its used in relation to politics:

http://www.bartleby.com/59/3/politicsmake.html

The original reference has to to with the fact in the dark and middle ages in Europe, travellers staying overnight in an Inn would often all sleep in a large community bed (segregated by sex).   I guess this was to conserve heat?  Or maybe they were just broad minded.  Shocking when you consider the level of hygine at the time.  Also considering the fact that at this time the habit was to sleep in the nude.:O

I only can add that your regime should be more careful when choosing "allies".

Perhaps the same could be said of comrade Stalin's cozing up with Hilter through his 1939 Non-Aggression Pact?

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Who are this people?
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 02:15:57 PM »
Originally posted by AKWabbit
Perhaps the same could be said of comrade Stalin's cozing up with Hilter through his 1939 Non-Aggression Pact?

Do you seriously think that JVS had to throw the nation into a worldwide-slaughter in 1939?

Did you hear anything about Soviet-French-British negotiations in Moscow in Aug 1939?

I recommend all Western fundamentalists like You to read L. Mosley's "On Borrowed Time".