Author Topic: Guns, views, and thottle sticking.....  (Read 315 times)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Guns, views, and thottle sticking.....
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:39:07 PM »
This happened in the SEA during FSO.

About 30 minutes into the flight I move to release my drop tanks. I have the button to switch between ord programed to my stick so usually I just press the right buttons and dont watch the ammo counter. When I go to release I press the secondary fire button and my guns stick on. I press the main trigger and now all of my guns are firing. I tried unplugging my joystick, pulling trigger, and everything else I could think of. Finally hit the escape button and it stopped. After it was all said and done I had lost 75% of my ammo. Also after that my vox was out, views would stick, throttle/stick would freeze up, and the guns still would stick. I augered in frustration, was becoming hard to stay flying anyway, logged and restarted AH. When I logged on the MA everything was fine. Any other time this wouldnt have been so bad....but FSO and knowing I wouldnt be allowed to reup really sucked. Ruined my night all in all....

<S> Strip(er)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Guns, views, and thottle sticking.....
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 01:23:16 AM »
I used to get the guns to stick too, when dropping DTs and switching back to guns before the DTs were done getting off.  I think other ordnance like rockets will do this too.

With stick management software, the scripting sometimes is too slow and will cause keys to stick.  It sounds like you got this, and moreso if Esc. broke it off. 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 07:12:18 AM »
Between that and not knowing our orders yesterday.........my night was suxxor.

<S> Strip(er)

Offline snowey

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 10:35:25 AM »
i get it to his your triger again it normaly clears hope this helps
snowey
=55th=VelociRaptors
Flying since tour 79
VansCrew is a traitor and deserves to be shot
yes i know i cant spell so don't say anything about it

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 10:51:07 AM »
i get it to his your triger again it normaly clears hope this helps

I don't see how it can..... What does this mean???

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 10:46:16 PM »
 :confused:

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 01:09:16 AM »
Here's my take on it.

There are 2 parts to a key press. There's the initiation, and the release.

View sideways with your hat and open a chat buffer before you let go. Now no matter what you do your head is stuck sideways until it gets a "side view OFF"

You do this by putting "side view ON" again (you move your hat in the same direction) and then let go. Once you let go "side view OFF" triggers and it stops sticking.

You have a macro/program set. You need to build a timer or delay into it, or something, between the "fire secondary" (dropping the tank) and the "toggle secondary"

The "fire secondary ON" is read, but before the "fire secondary OFF" the "secondary select ON" and "secondary select OFF" are initiated. So no "fire secondary OFF" is ever received.

Short way to fix it, hit secondary fire again and let go. Stop it from happening by redoing your macro/stickmapping to allow it sufficient time between commands.

I recall one mapping software I had distinguished between fire+ and fire-, + being downstroke, - being upstroke. If yours does this, make sure you choose on then off, as different steps.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 02:45:51 AM »
Krusty I see what your saying....

However...Ive never had this problem in last 3 years using the same setup. Once I relogged it went away. It sounds like a (IMHO) ingame bug more than a joystick bug.

Regardless of that...........any other time this would have been a minor annoyance. During FSO, being a scout with out knowing the target sectors, and my squad yapping like kindergardners while I am trying to figure all this out was to much.

Still going strong 2 days later....prolly wont happen for another 3 years either.

I have worse luck sometimes. :D

<S>Strip(er)