Author Topic: Odee  (Read 4973 times)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Odee
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2008, 10:09:16 PM »
JG54 has been in the AvA a looong time.  We're very familiar with our tools of war and how to use them against our allied counterparts.  Some our pilots are downright frighteningly good.  As a squad we've been together a long time.  I'm one of the newbies and I've been in JG54 coming up on 2 years soon.  We know how each other fights, and who's good at what.  (Lets just say if your anywhere near Tyrant and he's in an Ostie...your toast.  N7, if it has a stick he'll kill you with it, Tbar is a 109 fiend, Storch is a master of the knife fight, TK is a sniper once he decides to kill you...it's only a matter of time.)

The MA is a completely different place to fight.  So the skills that make a good MA pilot do not translate well into the AvA.  The MA is much more BnZ while the AvA is more sustained dogfighting.

In time, allied squads will rise to the challenge.  I can't wait.  :)
P-47 pilot

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
Odee
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2008, 10:47:34 PM »
Originally posted by republic
JG54 has been in the AvA a looong time.  We're very familiar with our tools of war and how to use them against our allied counterparts.  Some our pilots are downright frighteningly good.  As a squad we've been together a long time.  I'm one of the newbies and I've been in JG54 coming up on 2 years soon.  We know how each other fights, and who's good at what.  (Lets just say if your anywhere near Tyrant and he's in an Ostie...your toast.  N7, if it has a stick he'll kill you with it, Tbar is a 109 fiend, Storch is a master of the knife fight, TK is a sniper once he decides to kill you...it's only a matter of time.)

The MA is a completely different place to fight.  So the skills that make a good MA pilot do not translate well into the AvA.  The MA is much more BnZ while the AvA is more sustained dogfighting.

ROFL.....must........resist.. .................com...

:lol :rofl :t :t
Duke

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Odee
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2008, 10:53:07 PM »
Originally posted by republic

Honestly, the majority of the skill on the Axis side is not derived from any "dogfighting" skills but rather on teamwork and flying in a hord.  Until the Allied side can start flying in as a group, the Axis hord will vulch, gang and cherry pick all day.

Don't kid yourself either if you think the AvA is somehow a step above the MA, it really isn't.  It's just an illusion some of you regulars have, it's just a mini-MA in a "historical" dress.  Every bad thing you can list about the MA you can find in the AvA every day of the week.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
Odee
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2008, 10:59:29 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Honestly, the majority of the skill on the Axis side is not derived from any "dogfighting" skills but rather on teamwork and flying in a hord.  Until the Allied side can start flying in as a group, the Axis hord will vulch, gang and cherry pick all day.

Don't kid yourself either if you think the AvA is somehow a step above the MA, it really isn't.  It's just an illusion some of you regulars have, it's just a mini-MA in a "historical" dress.  Every bad thing you can list about the MA you can find in the AvA every day of the week.  

ack-ack
Agreed
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Odee
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2008, 11:00:37 PM »

ack-ack

Yep we even have akak now.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
Odee
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2008, 07:37:42 AM »
sheesh it seems that last night the arena created a few more "sore" losers.

it may seem to some that the AvA is now operating much like the MAs do.  the exception is that the game play is designed around squad participation.  unit cohesion is paramount for success with this type of gameplay.  the axis squadrons are very tightly knit organizations from the looks of the things.  JG11 fly on the par of JG54 and the avengers fly well together but are still sorting out the FM differences from WB to AH.

the most consistent AvA squadron in the game is far and away JG54.  JG54 always has at least five players on and usually between seven and ten, night in night out.  as the most successful squadron in AvA history naturally we will be the target of malignment and derision by players who can't quite cotton up to the thought they were bested.  every other squadron with exception to a long ago invasion by the blue knights has been resoundingly and utterly beaten by JG54.  

even the blue knights (back when the blue knights were the premier dogfighters in the game) with leviathn leading them took their lumps though at the end of their visit JG54 came away worse for the wear.  the blue knights were all in spits and were crowding our fields.  through the course of the fighting on those nights is where I came away with many of the tactics we employ today.  I studied those films of those fights for hours on end and I learned from my asswhipping.  I'm sure if any blue knight were to be asked he would have to say that we upped and upped and upped until they tired of killing us but I'm sure more than a few of them were really sick of seeing storch, N7, Tbarone, VWE as the name that killed them.

regarding akaks post about last night, on more than three occasions N7 was involved in 1v1 combat with akak, knowing who the adversary was we kept our side away and prevented any other allied player from interferring.  I will allow akak to post the results of those fair fights if he wishes, we at JG54 already know.

as for the AvA being like the MA, I think not.  neither is it like the SEA or any other arena in the game.

you have two sides contesting for a prize over a very lenghty period of time and the struggle is there, available 24/7/365.3

the commanders are elected and my choose aircraft and vehicles from a carefully selected list of matched frames.  the victory goes to the team that selects wisely and plays intelligently.

the axis are winning for the very simple reason that the most tightly knit and dedicated group of players are also dedicated axis squads.  

I found 1duke1's whines last night comical his post above hillarical.  in response to your queries last night about if JG54 was working on an objective, the answer is indeed we were.  we were keeping you guys away from saving akak, we wanted akak to have the opportunity to fight N7 mano a mano.  I believe we succeeded at that as well.

I'm proud to say that JG54 is a winning squadron because of the spirit of the members that make up this squadron.  what occurs in the arena is really just a matter of course.  I wish some of you others would wrap your minds around this concept and proceed to develope some credible competition to JG54, it once existed in the form VF27 I wish someone would take up the mantle of leadership and revive the spirit that resided with that group of players.  the AvA needs that right about now.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 07:42:08 AM by justguess »

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
Odee
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2008, 08:23:59 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Okay then... Stay away from the goat show there.;)

I happen to enjoy the goat show:)
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Odee
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2008, 12:46:06 PM »
Originally posted by justguess

I found 1duke1's whines last night comical his post above hillarical.  in response to your queries last night about if JG54 was working on an objective, the answer is indeed we were.  we were keeping you guys away from saving akak, we wanted akak to have the opportunity to fight N7 mano a mano.  I believe we succeeded at that as well.

The arena you flew in last night was completely different from the arena I flew in last night.  The only 1v1 of the night came when I got back from AFK in time to see N7 diving on me in a FW190A-5.  All other fights were either 2 to 5v1 fights.  When I get home, I'll post the films of the flights I took last night, the 5v1 with the HOing 190s will be of particular enjoyment.

ack-ack

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Odee
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2008, 12:55:23 PM »
The arena you flew in last night was completely different from the arena I flew in last night.  The only 1v1 of the night came when I got back from AFK in time to see N7 diving on me in a FW190A-5.  All other fights were either 2 to 5v1 fights.  When I get home, I'll post the films of the flights I took last night, the 5v1 with the HOing 190s will be of particular enjoyment.

ack-ack

Hey ack, I think this is a misunderstanding.  It probably was a 1 vs 1 in their eyes.  A JG54 1 vs 1 is when you are fighting 1 of them on the deck with 2 or 3 190s diving in for the pick.  See, the 190s are not 'in' the fight so that is what they call 1 vs 1.  Although, they are known not to dive in until their squadie is about to die and cries for help :D

I hope that was helpful :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Odee
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2008, 01:00:11 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Hey ack, I think this is a misunderstanding.  It probably was a 1 vs 1 in their eyes.  A JG54 1 vs 1 is when you are fighting 1 of them on the deck with 2 or 3 190s diving in for the pick.  See, the 190s are not 'in' the fight so that is what they call 1 vs 1.  Although, they are known not to dive in until their squadie is about to die and cries for help :D

I hope that was helpful :rofl

LOL!  That clears things up completely!

ack-ack

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
Odee
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2008, 08:13:36 PM »
hmmmm

Why do I see only one sqaud in here doing alot of chest thumping and bragging about how good they are? One thing I've always noticed was that a good player never has to bragg about himself or his team. Its usually done by thier opponents.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 08:19:46 PM by Tango »
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Odee
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2008, 08:30:20 PM »
there was once a time when JG54 were beaten soundly on a regular basis by another squad.

that squad was the Redtails and consisted of just Jamusta and myself.

we just got bored of winning every fight.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Odee
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2008, 08:33:27 PM »
So ... Jamusta still about? You got his number? :D

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
Odee
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2008, 08:44:59 PM »
jamusta was on just the other day

Offline Grits