Author Topic: Yak-9U  (Read 1617 times)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: Yak-9U
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 04:48:21 AM »
I will go  back to flying it when it gets updated.. they had to fix the tard-7 and La5 first though I guess :frown:

Hijack...

Wingnutt...I think your avatar has something to do with all these delays recently...I mean, stare at that thing for a few minutes... *shivers*

Back on Topic :
I love the two Yak aircraft we have. They're just great, nothing more, nothing less.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline EvlPrsn

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 08:31:31 AM »
yak-9u is absolutely amazing, i ran down and killed a tempest in it at sea level....  even went thru a mob of enemy planes on my way  =P

even tho that entire mob shot evrything off my plane about 2 mins later, i still wasted a tempy!  ^_^
If i said anything to offend u, plz ignore it.

also, if i say anything stupid or rude, it was probobly too late at night and i was half asleep, so ignore that too.

oh yeah, its all just my opinion, so if ya dont care, just keep it to urself, cuz if u dont care, i sure wont!

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 04:20:48 PM »
I will go  back to flying it when it gets updated..

What's wrong with flying it now?

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 04:22:54 PM »
What's wrong with flying it now?

<S>...-Gixer

nothing WAS wrong with it.. till I saw the utter elegant, almost sexually arousing.. new cockpits the lalas are getting..  after that..  *sobs*  I just cant do it.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 04:53:08 PM »
nothing WAS wrong with it.. till I saw the utter elegant, almost sexually arousing.. new cockpits the lalas are getting..  after that..  *sobs*  I just cant do it.

Yes but even with the graphic update, La will never be as interesting and rewarding to fly as the Yak.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline belkin11

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 04:37:29 AM »
i like the yak9u also but what confuses me is the yak9t..what is the point of the T? only one mg and cannon and almost no ammo..i just dont understand it.. :huh

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 06:49:37 AM »
More of a challange against higher performing aircraft,you have to fly it smarter (location/E management), and the reward of a good shot knowing a single round is a guranteed kill against any fighter.

Ammo load is plenty, just take your time,get in close and wait for the right shot.

It's a very rewarding ride to survive furballs and land kills in.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 09:53:21 AM »
i like the yak9u also but what confuses me is the yak9t..what is the point of the T? only one mg and cannon and almost no ammo..i just dont understand it.. :huh

The T is actually slower, and doesn't climb as well as the U but the single 37mm cannon only takes one round to put an enemy pilot out of his misery.  It's one of the most powerful guns in an aircraft in this game.

I flew one two nights ago.  I made a B-24 explode with 2 rounds.  No taking a wing off, no flaming an engine and waiting... instant death.  I also killed a Spit who thought it was a good idea to try to HO against that 37mm cannon.  Can you guess the outcome?

If you are patient and have decent gunnery skills that small clip will go a long way.  It's easy to land multiple kills in it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 10:05:25 AM »
I have begun flying the Yak 9U (Pigs have begun calling it the Unicorn) the last week or so.  What a great plane.  As Ghost said, I have found that you get at least 200 off enemy's six, and then get even closer.  The cannon/MG combo chews up a plane right nice!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 10:07:06 AM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 10:19:25 AM »
Actually when you get used to the Yak9u you will have trouble switching back to another plane...no other plane is as maneuvrable while having a very good max speed, 30mins of flight, good high alt (20k) capabilities, and deadly precision. The all around view is awesome at the expense of getting often wounded, and its VERY resistant, I can't remember last time I lost my wing in it I usually loose my tail first.

You can go and mix it up with spixteens at 15K, or just bnz them...you can run down lala dweebs...rope F4U's in slow verticals...its pretty adapted for MA. My true enemy in it is the N1K.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 02:51:11 PM »
Yaks give me fits in the MA. None of my cheesy Dora moves seems to work against these go-carts, and they're fast enough to make me pay for a fight that I invariably started.  :uhoh
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"