Author Topic: Are pilots really this stupid?  (Read 605 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Are pilots really this stupid?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 05:34:36 PM »

Just figure out this new UI we got for the BBS. First a couple of things. The guy didnot have a ferry permit. That's not reallybthe worst of it. If you pulled the cowl on this engine you would run away with a quickness. There is nothing in the regs that say you can ferry a plane with a bent prop. He'll the prop shop wouldn't sign it off. Second, he couldn't produce a permit when I asked. Third, if you looked at his logbooks, they look like they were done in crayon. I.e entries like "annual done"...that's it. The plane disappeared from the field. What probslly will happen is he took it to a hanger, cutbyhe blade down from 76 inches to 74 and pocketed the insurance tear down money. So...bunch of
mechs are livid about falsification of records the guy is doing, which we xan certainly nail him on, nevermind that he's having students flying on a compromised engine.

no, I am not overstepping my bounds.
Amazing this guy is allowed to get off of the ground Alex.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 05:51:00 PM »

You did the right thing.

If i was that pilot, i would have swallowed the inconvenience, realized your good intentions and thanked you and went on my way.

The very fact he brought up the "i been i pilot for bla bla years", is the very reason he was doing what he was doing, and the very reason he's an ignorant {insert expletive here}.

Next time you see him doing something like that, don't say anything and just {insert said bodily function here} on his grave later.

Help the next person who's not a {blank}. If they are not a {blank} don't worry they'll understand. But don't let that stop you.

S!

S.A.P.P. member (armed and lubricated)

Providing bait for other SAPP pilots since 2005

Formerly Leadpig...Proud to be one of the PNG'd...
Skuzzyfied!

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 06:07:06 PM »

Second, he couldn't produce a permit when I asked. Third, if you looked at his logbooks, they look like they were done in crayon. I.e entries like "annual done"...that's it.

no, I am not overstepping my bounds.

In the end, it turned out to be the right move, but with all due respect, you have no grounds what so ever to demand to see anybodys ferry permit, or logbooks.  Regs clearly state who'm you have to produce your medical, certificate and logbook to, and you are not one of them.  The guy would have been completely in his rights to tell you to screw off, and laugh in your face.  So in this situation, yea, it most likely was the best move, but next time you go ahead and want to be a good citizen, just remember the person who's certs and books you are demanding to see might not be joe schmoe that freaking retard; but joe schmoe the freaking retard who is the supervisor or a principle maintance inspector at your local FSDO.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 06:26:41 PM »
If you see an unsafe pilot/aircraft aren't you bound by law to report it to the proper authority? Which in this case he did, as in the ATC, thus preventing a possible accident. Also the guy complains that he got him busted by the feds which seems to me he knowingly was trying to launch the plane without proper documentation or authority. I know in the trucking industry, i'm a semi driver, it is a federal crime for me to knowingly drive or allow someone to drive unsafe equipment. I can lose my license from a few months, to permanetly, face heavy fines, and even been sent to prison if someone is seriously injured or dies because i fail to report it. I'd love to see the type of shape the united planes are in that he considers airworthy, sounds scary to me.
AKsleepy