Author Topic: the deck...  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: the deck...
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 06:36:18 PM »
dude........you're missing ALL the fun then!!!!! if i survive one of these fights, when i land with tree branches, leaves, and weeds stuck in my plane, then i sit there for a few seconds and let my heartrate come back down to normal, then i go do it again......it's like being on a rollercoaster :D

Hey Cap have you had an donut in grazz fight in the big volcano on TT island? Now that is a gas and 1/2. Most of all in LAs, Spits, or 109s.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 11:51:04 PM »

what you say is true, granted. sure sounds like a good way to never learn TnB though. maybe you could practice at medium altitude TnB and use your E management skills to keep yourself out of the weeds. write off a whole style of flying just because sometimes it happens very low is surely limiting your experience for the times when you get caught out without an altitude advantage. but then there is always nose down and run like hell as an option. less effort envolved by extending away whenever a new challenge presents itself, i cannot deny that.

Well said.  Some of the most chest thumping, heart racing fights are those in the weeds attempting to not only out-fly your opponent but the terrain as well.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 06:08:19 AM »
would a SAPP member be willing to help me in the 38? im not asking to "join" the SAPP, just asking for help.
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 08:07:41 AM »
                     Hey Cap have you had an donut in grazz fight in the big volcano on TT island? Now that is a gas and 1/2. Most of all in LAs, Spits, or 109s.

hey dude, i have as a matter of fact.....i've had my azzz kicked in 38's there a lot, and done some donut kicking in a hurri, and in some spits..... biggest prob there is if there's ground war going on, they all up flaks and shoot us down from the ground......but still a blast!!! :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Vipper65

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »
I frequently become a lawn dart when attacking GV's, or just lose track of where I am when engaged.   I have come to realize that the closer I am to the ground the faster I can get there.  Its very easy to get tunnel vision when you are going after something whether it be a GV or another plane.  SA is a full time job out there, it takes alot of disipline to keep checking around you when engaged. 
Viper
"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly."

VF-17 Jolly Rogers, 52ND Fighter Group

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 09:20:44 PM »

actually, one of the ways i avoid lawndarting, is to make sure i'm not in any form of a lag pursuit. this way as long as my target doesn't hit the ground, i don't..the unfortunate downside to this, is that IF he does hit the ground, i tend to kinda follow him right in. if i'm the target, and that low, i just force myself to do no more than a quick glance in back to see what he's doing back there if i look at all......if he has tracers on, it kinda gives ya an idea by which way the tracers pass ya if he misses.......no matter the outcome though, those low down n dirty in the weeds, scare the squirrels to death tree trimmin flyin between the building fights are SERIOUS fun.....even if i DO scatter my plane all over someone's front lawn :rofl :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)