Author Topic: Suicide bombers and why  (Read 10813 times)

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
Re: Suicide bombers and why
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2008, 02:47:12 PM »
Judging by the posts thus far, it is obvious that a fair number of people "really just don't get it".

Call it a whine, call it what you want, but Hub hit it spot on.  This one guy gets his flippin rocks off ruining other peoples fun. He does it by flying along in the most "gamey", "unrealistic" portion of the game...  dive bombing in level bombers.  As Hub said, sure, someone could have sat in the 5 inch gun on the cv or ran race tracks around it, but that is a rather bit boring. 

IMHO, 30 people that are having a good time that is ruined by one individual that is playing along in a way that is one of the most despised aspects of the game is not a good thing.  Call me "self centered" and "small minded" for wanting the good of the majority in this case over the will of individual seems to be quite a travesty involving word comphresion. 

It is this attitude that has so prevailed in the MA's that seems to have ruined all aspects of game play.  Nothing better than the timid little runtangs and other tards that game the scroing system as well.  The game play was nothing like this seven years ago.  Sure, things change, but again; IMHO, the game play has definitely changed for the worse, and we have lost a lot of really good players along the way that were not idiots running around dive bombing stuff in level bombers.  It's really sad.

Thats what it was Bodhi, that guy took off in his B-17s with two goals in mind. To sink the CV and to piss you off. Scratch that. His ONLY goal was to piss you off.

You guys don't get it. There is a reason there are bombers, bombs, rockets, tanks, M3s and LVTs in the MA. If it were all about the furballers their would just have fighters and nothing else. If all you want to do is furball then take yourselves to the DA. There is a designated mindless furballing section just for you types. There you can spin round and round like a dog chasing his tail for hours and nobody is going to "kill" your fun.

However, I find it odd even though there is an arena just for you, you types won't go. I think that has to do with things like "vulch lights", "easy kills", "goon killing", score and having a good amount of CV ack to go run and hide in when someone comes in higher than the rest of the furballers.

Here is a clue. It is not YOUR fun, it is not YOUR furball and it is not YOUR arena. It belongs to everyone. That sandbox is pretty big, learn to live with someone coming along and kicking over your sand castle every now and then or move along to a smaller, safer sandbox, tailored for special needs types like the furballers.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2008, 02:56:57 PM »
This is the kinda crap that takes me off the edge. There was another fight in the Orange last night against the Bish and the rooks. we had a nice fight going and we soon had gained the advantage. we took out the town, got some vulches and we had planned to take the base. we had the goon pilot less then 30 seconds away, when a lonly LGay came out of nowere and took out the Goon. The arguing ensued between the Muppets, that were there, and the other bish members.

The argument contined on about not enough people flying over the town when there was about 3 or 4 guys waiting there. calling people whiners and wussies stuid stuff, when it was no ones fault.

I don't know how the rooks handle thier way of taking bases, but I did not, and im sure that there were others, that did not appreciate all of the name calling and stupid crap like that.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2008, 02:59:08 PM »
Thats what it was Bodhi, that guy took off in his B-17s with two goals in mind. To sink the CV and to piss you off. Scratch that. His ONLY goal was to piss you off.

You guys don't get it. There is a reason there are bombers, bombs, rockets, tanks, M3s and LVTs in the MA. If it were all about the furballers their would just have fighters and nothing else. If all you want to do is furball then take yourselves to the DA. There is a designated mindless furballing section just for you types. There you can spin round and round like a dog chasing his tail for hours and nobody is going to "kill" your fun.

However, I find it odd even though there is an arena just for you, you types won't go. I think that has to do with things like "vulch lights", "easy kills", "goon killing", score and having a good amount of CV ack to go run and hide in when someone comes in higher than the rest of the furballers.

Here is a clue. It is not YOUR fun, it is not YOUR furball and it is not YOUR arena. It belongs to everyone. That sandbox is pretty big, learn to live with someone coming along and kicking over your sand castle every now and then or move along to a smaller, safer sandbox, tailored for special needs types like the furballers.

That sand box also has a nice area for safe bombing but I don't see you there, do I?  You could also go there and drop buildings all day long.  The only difference is that you will not spoil anyones fun and get any score for it.  So, you see, the same arguments apply to you too.  Call it mindless, stupid, what ever you want.  The bottom line is that what those guys do - furballing - does not effect you in any way shape or form.  The guy that drops the CV does effect several people.  Yeah, I forgot, stratigery  :rolleyes:

A furballer does not look for easy kills.  Chances are that you will not make it out a furball alive.  If anyone is looking for easy kills and score that would be the guy in  the 17s.  Also, know who you are talking about before you open your mouth and look as intelligent as the guy in the big white house (could not resist, sorry).  Have you ever see Bodhi run to ack or vulch?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »
This is the kinda crap that takes me off the edge. There was another fight in the Orange last night against the Bish and the rooks. we had a nice fight going and we soon had gained the advantage. we took out the town, got some vulches and we had planned to take the base. we had the goon pilot less then 30 seconds away, when a lonly LGay came out of nowere and took out the Goon. The arguing ensued between the Muppets, that were there, and the other bish members.

The argument contined on about not enough people flying over the town when there was about 3 or 4 guys waiting there. calling people whiners and wussies stuid stuff, when it was no ones fault.

I don't know how the rooks handle thier way of taking bases, but I did not, and im sure that there were others, that did not appreciate all of the name calling and stupid crap like that.

I was under the impression that stratigery would have prevented that.  Unless it was a bunch of mindless furballers trying to take the base.  If that is the case, I understand why the single LGay pwned the capture.  I think we should perk it, too
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2008, 03:27:37 PM »
the idea that there is a specific arena for furballing is not really true and only someone who knows nothing about it would suggest it is a furballers arena.  the da does have an island which appears to have no traditional da rules.  That does not make it an arena for furballers.  It makes for an arena to have duels, or you can go to the middle island and get ganged by a bunch of people flying temps and f4u-4's.  Its generally pretty lame on that island and I think maybe once I had a decent fight. This is aside from many other reasons why the DA is not called "furballing arena"

the argument that it is selfish because you are unhappy that one person ruined a fight for 50 people seems rather silly.  Even if it was 1 person up from the cv and 1 person sinking it, you are implying that the person sinking it has more of a right to do so than someone upping from it.  You can argue that with the current system it is all good, but not that it is selfish for one person to do something, and the other not allowed is biased from either end.

was it on a big map? If so, with so many other fields to conquer and destroy why that one?  It can't be because of the challenge or the fight, because frankly it is very easy to sink a cv, especially dive bombing with bombers.

Personally, I think everyone should be able to play the game as they see fit.  On the other hand sometimes a little respect to the community can go a long way.  If the fight is over the water, plenty of planes are up from both sides, one might just assume that many are having a great time that might last an hour or so.  Now weigh that against your 30 seconds of glory, knowing that you may have prevented a cartoon airfield from being taken and the fun of 50 real live people.  In this act, though you might prevent a field from being taken, you prove nothing except you can prevent people from taking a plane up.  You haven't "won" because you flew better, smarter, or even used some form of strategy.  Upping a bomber, and flying it straight into a cv, then pressing a button, doesn't exactly take years of training or experience.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2008, 03:54:36 PM »
Rich, don't take it out of context, there was no vulching, no fear of a base capture, just 50 or so guys furballing in between a cv and a base.  The tard who dropped the cv, is the type who goes looking for the biggest dar bar on the map so he can feel important when he makes a difference, no matter the cost of the 50 others fun!  Of course, the furball instantly ends, and then everyone starts looking for another good fight, but some just log, and then others get dispersed and ends up no other large furballs appear sometimes for days on end.

I dont take it out of context. Myself personally? I dont take bombers up to take out CVs anymore. Ive been in plenty of these CV ops, I like them, and probably like these types of fights best, personally.

I dont see much difference between dropping bombs on a CV from a level bomber or a dive bomber. A bomb is a bomb. Most CVs are already burning, dar and guns down, by the time the level bombers show up. Actually Ill bet far more CVs are sunk from dive bombing. And its not that difficult protecting the CV if an effort is made. The problem is no effort is ever made. "Taking a base" ends a good furball too.

Most CVs are lost due to lousy defense and/or lousy placement of the CV. We all know bombers are a threat to them yet still we make no effort to defend them. Rooks dont even take ords out at bases near where the CV is operating. :rofl

Boy theres no end to the bashing of the gameplay of others in this game. If someone doesnt like their CVs sunk then make a small effort to defend it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2008, 04:43:03 PM »
I'm with Sloehand all the way on this one.

Fights and furballs constantly shift for a variety of reasons. This guy didn't kill your fleet just so he could tick you off.
Actualy, there are lots of those guys.  I'm all for killing a furball if it's about to turn into a vulchfest where there's no actual COMBAT, but a lot of these guys WILL in fact kill a furball just for the sake of it.  Slowhand's "first class" post conveniently ignores that.

Personally, I think everyone should be able to play the game as they see fit.  On the other hand sometimes a little respect to the community can go a long way.  If the fight is over the water, plenty of planes are up from both sides, one might just assume that many are having a great time that might last an hour or so.  Now weigh that against your 30 seconds of glory, knowing that you may have prevented a cartoon airfield from being taken and the fun of 50 real live people.  In this act, though you might prevent a field from being taken, you prove nothing except you can prevent people from taking a plane up.  You haven't "won" because you flew better, smarter, or even used some form of strategy.  Upping a bomber, and flying it straight into a cv, then pressing a button, doesn't exactly take years of training or experience.
Pretty much it, right there..  A great stable furball where 30+ players have a blast for hours, no capturing or porking anything, just fighting.. And some of you guys think there's a good reason to kill it except to stop their fun?  WTF are you smoking?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 04:46:04 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2008, 04:49:23 PM »
So not one member of the country that owned the CV was trying to capture the field eh?
 :lol :lol :lol :lol

I was accused of ruining one of those "furballs" once
my response was somthin like "So all them LVT's are just trolling for Salmon" ?

There is always another fight,  or get in a Chog and protect the carrier

:rofl :rofl :rofl

See here's the problem, some like to bomb and some like to fight. BTW Fresh grilled Salmon sounds good.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2008, 05:03:50 PM »
Let us break this down. Why do furballs happen? Well generally someone is trying to capture a base and someone is trying to defend it. I've never ever heard someone say lets take the cv over to 20 and furball!

It's ironic that this should come up because I was thinking about this very thing just a week ago. Back in the AW days people would say let's not do base captures and just furball. Generally that was because they weren't in the position to capture bases and their country was losing. Now I don't know the circumstances surrounding this incident so I can't draw in conclusions in regards to country status.

I will throw this out there though. I will bet if the enemy cv was overwhelming the land force there would be cries to sink the cv.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2008, 05:33:29 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

God I love this stuff !!!!!

:cry :cry :cry :cry He Took my Bottle !!!!   :cry :cry :cry

Yeah every time somebody logs on and thinks about doin a buff run they spend at least 15 minutes scouring every zone of the map looking to see if there is a furball I can bo Screw up. 

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

WHAH  :cry :cry :cry He didnt use his rudder n elevator the way he's supposed to and he reversed on me and kilt me  :cry :cry :cry

WHAH  :cry :cry :cry He didnt dive bomb the way he was supposed to... he dropped from way to high a alt and kilt me and I couldnt get a shot at him....  :cry :cry :cry

:noid   :noid   :noid   :noid 

Gee, I wonder who the FUN POLICE actually are.. huh??? 

Cause there is absolutely no way that it could be anything other than people specifically looking to blow your session....  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

If perputating a furball is that important and if it upsets any of you so much that it gets disrupted then you have a ton of options to keep it rolling.

1) you could defend what ever facilities needed for you to launch from.

uhh, but then you would not be furballing you would be playing the game some other way than furballing. And it seems your code of play will not allow any other play but your way... guess you cant do that.

2) You could communicate in country and cross country that there is a furball going on and not a base capture and those participants on all sides would like it left alone for furballing.

Uh.. but you couldnt do that... because then you would have to recognize that there are other people in the game that have some other pathway to fun besides your way... oh then that Prime Directive of "My Way or the Highway" would not exist.

3) You could just go to the DA and have a Mass Furball that could go on until you eyes fell outa your head.

uhh.. but you couldnt do that because then you would be considering that there are other people in here that dont necessarily play they "WAY" you do and you would have to allow for somebody esle besides yourself... But wait.. isnt that whay you are asking everybody else who plays AHII to do for you???? And then there is that ole nasty Prime Directive again.... "My Way or the Highway"... could never allow that to be lost or forgotten.   

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

Man I love this stuff, you think everybody is supposed to do that which you seem unable to do and now you are "POWERWHINING" about it.

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

OK Punks, I got my Flame Tard suit on..... let me have it !!! 

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

:noid :noid :noid :noid :noid

Just a few thoughts from a 10+year vet of online air combat simms

Later,
KayBay
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2008, 05:35:15 PM »
We like to furball... nothing like a good furball. I have moved a cv to a base to start a furball. I have also moved to a cv that had a furball going. I have also moved to a base where a cv was to join in the furball.

Bomb the CV if you want.... but if it stops a good furball, your on your own against all those enjoying the furball.

Dive bomb in a level bomber and receive the same.

No one is demanding anyone not to bomb a CV by a furball. Nothing more than asking that some use a little sense and understand that by ruining the fun of many you may incur the wrath of those same individuals. The choice is yours.

I guess to combat that type of situation the solution is simple. Seems the bomber types keep harping on "they should protect their CV". Well the base fighters could disengage the CV fighters long enough for them to protect their CV. After which the furballing could continue. Face it.. most of the time when the low dive-bombing types show up... the only reason they get through is that the fighters are all engaged. Would be interesting to hear what those types would say then.

Has it come to the point that we have to protect ourselves from our own team mates?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 05:38:46 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »
Kaybay.. did you overdose on sugar or something?

Let us break this down. Why do furballs happen? Well generally someone is trying to capture a base and someone is trying to defend it. I've never ever heard someone say lets take the cv over to 20 and furball!
.. You haven't been around very long, or haven't been paying much attention to vox/text..  Not only do CVs get used as mobile furball generators, lots of bases are captured or attempted to just to get players to up and start a fight.. With no real intent to "capture" anything.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 05:40:17 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2008, 07:14:32 PM »
I think a common sense question to yourself would suffice, "I see 50 planes down there fighting for more than an hour in between a base and a cv, "should I bomb one of them's hangar/cv so as to wipe both darbars from the area?"  If your answer is yes, then you are a coward little griefer type who should be in the TA learning to join in the dogfighting fun! :aok

why do we have to play the game your way? If you want fights that cant be ruined by "war" goto DA.

also... theres 100s of bases on these maps, why not MOVE to another base and fight there? HOW HARD IS THAT?
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2008, 07:25:49 PM »
Why not bomb another base, unless of course your goal is to ruin other peoples fun.  The DA means just that...Dueling, and it's been degrading since the invasion of the H2H players.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 07:27:37 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »
The DA means just that...Dueling

Within the DA map is an area entitled "Furballing."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 07:41:50 PM by thndregg »
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"