Author Topic: Suicide bombers and why  (Read 10836 times)

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
Re: Suicide bombers and why
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »
Would it be logical game wise to make a percentage of CVs & Ports unsinkable/uncapturable (red boxed)? Bombing only disables planes, LVTs and guns for say 60 minutes unless resupplied? Bombers could still gain points, and the CV wouldn't have to travel for hours to get into position. I don't know and not trying to be smart axxed about it, but it seems like an ok idea to me.
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »
It always has been "only about getting points".   That is what this thread is about.   Noone wants to say it, so I will.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2008, 04:18:05 PM »
There ya go, put the price out of reach for a lot of guys so a few whiners that can afford the extra money won't have a sad video game experience..... :cry

lay off the Beer, or soft drinks or cigarettes and you could afford it.how many soft drinks, or starbuck's 7 dollar coffee's, or how many krispy kreme donut stops or fastfood places you visit in a month? a damn dollar a day is like 1 penny back in the 70's early 80's........

if  people can not afford that, then they really can not afford to be playing in the 1st place........even at 15.00 a month......

and how bout you people include your in game gameid when you post a freaking reply............

TC ( where did the signatures go? )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2008, 04:26:55 PM »
It always has been "only about getting points".   That is what this thread is about.   Noone wants to say it, so I will.   

You know me well enough to know that I could care less about points.  This is about came play to me.  Plain and simple.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2008, 04:42:55 PM »
Been around a very long time Moot and have flown as knits, bish, and rooks. Still haven't heard anyone say that. Maybe a new development. What I hear mostly is don't up cv, we're trying to sneak the base  :lol
How long is that? You just missed it..  There's plenty of info going around on CVs, their location & heading, their damage status, if they need sinking, whatever.

I sink CVs too, it's a ton of fun with a 25H.. very challenging to hit from way out all the way to point blank, to take out enough guns so that you survive long enough to sink the CV or cruiser from close range.. With some luck not take enough damage to rearm and sink everything on the second sortie.

Sinking CVs with a good fight anchored to them is the same as zooming into a good 1:1.  It's about context, but some people just can't get that part.
e.g.: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1YDPS150
Did I ask for help?   That 190 wasn't even on my six, but people just can't help and pile up.  Good thing they were low, or they'd have interrupted a good fight.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2008, 04:46:35 PM »
I sink CV's to make more coral reefs to improve the habit of all our AH fish in the virtual ocean.... :pray
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2008, 05:04:54 PM »
Having large strat targets for bombers that affect the ability to capture territory would go a long way to reducing the impact capture and non-capture guys have on each other. Bomber guys want to blow stuff up. Give them stuff to blow up (along with an incentive to do it) other than CVs.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2008, 05:06:05 PM »
I'm just amazed this thread has gone 10 pages....LOL
Always going to be a few knuckle heads around. Forget it and move on. There will always be another furball somewhere on the map.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2008, 05:11:49 PM »
Ya know, we'd been having a good fight for the better part of an hour with a bish CV off of a rook base.  Just the kind of great fighter fest that really grabs you and immerses you in the game.  My squaddies and I were all having an absolute blast as were many of the rook pilots.  Then, the inevitable happens when some dilrod had to come with dive bombing B-17's and sink the cv.  WTF for?  We were all having a good time and not trying to take your gdamn base!  We just wanted a good furball.

********, did it make you feel cool that you ruined a fight that 30 plus people were enjoying?  I bet you were the kid that was never picked for a team at recess and crap like that is your only way of getting attention.  Let me guess, you used to snatch the baseball and run off with it too, right?

Crap like this is why the ack on cv's and bases needs to be super hardcore.  That way one imbecile can not ruin the fun for 30 plus people.

:mad:

this is why i wish HT could put friendly fire  :aok :rofl :rock

ps: this game is about havin fun, sure, it get serious sometimes, us knits hate those bish, but, the main thing.. ITS A GAME, its ment 2 b fun, and 2 hang out with friends
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 05:14:44 PM by redman555 »
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2008, 06:22:24 PM »
Having large strat targets for bombers that affect the ability to capture territory would go a long way to reducing the impact capture and non-capture guys have on each other. Bomber guys want to blow stuff up. Give them stuff to blow up (along with an incentive to do it) other than CVs.

Thats what I have been thinking all along.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »

:aok
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2008, 07:01:54 PM »
happens all the time
bombers ruining a good furball,
but what ever, theres anouther one somewhere else
dont let it get ya mad.

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2008, 08:11:18 PM »

OMG..the world as we know it is about to come to an end. For once you have said something I agree with.

It is all about points. It is about landing 10 kills and having something to brag about. Seeing your name in lights to show off how many baby seals you just clubbed is what is all about. A simple solution..take away the XXXX Landed 14 kills in a P-51..ect.. Take away the top ranked pilot thing off the front page. Clubbing baby seals is not near as exciting when you can't brag about it later. 

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2008, 09:01:18 PM »
You guys aren't playing the same game.. It's not about the points, it's about the fight.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2008, 12:06:08 AM »
Man i love sinking CVs in Ar234's or Lancs. 

Knowing there are folks too lazy to defend a CV...priceless

Knowing I've caused some 30+ people a mental breakdown...teh awesome!

For everything else, there's Mastercard   :rock :t