Author Topic: Suicide bombers and why  (Read 10847 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Suicide bombers and why
« Reply #195 on: March 09, 2008, 07:38:28 PM »
Mr. beddog ( ben here since 2000 ), if you have been around that long then you would know that was the original price charged and HTC had no problem of people flying the game.........or subscribing...the only problem that is most visible is from lemmings somewhat like yourself who have flooded the arenas with your lemming horde mentalitys........

so it was the 2 dozen krispy kreme donut & coffee stops each month while running your trucking company or them 7 dollar starbuck frapuccinos........

you done showed your hand with the
At 30 bucks I'll bomb that cv quote

and only chickenchit lemming tickturds are to affraid to post their in game gameid's when they make a post........because they do not have the cahunas to stand up for what they say

as for Bodhi's original post,  people like Fortress ( and apparently just like you ) rather piss off 20 to 30 people ( including people on your own side ) by fouling up their fight then PM them and laugh about messing up their fight, is more important than having a tidbit 1/2 ounce of respect for your fellow community players.....well lil lemming, you set the tone as to how others treat you ........ and good luck with that
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #196 on: March 09, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »
Less of a right to an opinion, no... More informed than say someone of TCs status also no.

Bronk,
everyone who is a subscribing member to the online arenas has the same equal right to post their own opinion or view, I'd rather not be used in this way, Sir. Although I kind of understand where you coming from ~SALUTE~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: March 09, 2008, 07:56:24 PM »
The old school furball type player that founded the online flight sim community 20 years ago is a tiny minority now. The vast majority, I would guess its over 80%, just want to win the war with the least possible resistance. Nothing can be done about it short of taking away the base capture mechanism and that aint gonna happen.

They ought to-nay, need to, learn to mesh their different playstyles' somehow.

Unfortunately, this thread won't generate anything positive; In reality, there is a good chance that it will kindle a spate of 'fun police' type of action. That can't be regulated in a way that does not seriously hamper general gameplay in the Arena's. What's really needed here, is some sort of accord between the two. There will have to be some compromises' on both sides. That is truly the only hope for things.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2008, 07:57:01 PM »
Because people here are supposed to be adults, however when they run out of opinions to say they revert back to high schoolers. This whole thread is one giant whine from such a person, followed by a series of whines from everyone else who feels differently or the same..hell I even engaged in it.

This thread, like these wines need to go bye bye. They solve nothing, they have solved nothing, they will never solve anything because everyone thinks they are right and everyone else is wrong. The end.

Well, certain posts I see as whines...this one I don't.  It raises an issue about gameplay.  Maybe someone might stumble upon this thread, and maybe the next time they see a good fight going on, they might think about (no matter how briefly) how they could affect the attitude of at least part of the community.  It might also shed some light as to why people dislike certain elements of the game.  I realize that some people could care less about anyone else and others get their rocks of by trying to spoil what others enjoy doing.  So in that end, I don't think this thread is useless. It brings up gameplay issues that some have,  and highlights the very different ideas about what actually constitutes combat.

I guess it all depends on point of view, but if there were no whines, would developers just assume everything is working fine?  Does it matter how the community feels about certain in game actions?  Are cv's too easy to kill?  Are buffs to easy to operate and are they being in some way abused?  Should one person be able to control 3 aircraft with coordinated fire with large amounts of ord? Are there elements of gameplay that are unbalanced? Does AH provide fluid dogfights on a large scale often, or is that not the norm?

Most threads have some element of name calling, for example when you state that this whole thread is one giant whine, generated by someone who is acting like a highschooler.  And most people state opinions because they believe it makes the most sense to them.  So far, I've not seen any evidence to change my opinion that someone using a plane,in a gamey fashion, to intentionally ruin a fight that 30 or more people are enjoying for the purpose of upsetting a particular part of the player base is healthy for the game, or is the right thing to do.  Others will differ in that belief, and I accept this.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 08:32:58 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
« Reply #199 on: March 09, 2008, 08:01:55 PM »
Llama, I think HiTech also said the main purpose of the game is to have fun. Their goal is the most fun for the most people most of the time, and they have changed the game many times in order to influence gameplay. Bombers have seen, I think, more changes than anything else- 3 versions of the bomb sight, formations, some dispersion for bombs, gun shake, arming distance for bombs- all of which addressed or created problems. Why is that, if the sole purpose of the game is to piss off customers?

Hubs,

I'm just repeating what HiTech has said, verbatim.

As to why he said it and why he feels that way, well, you'd have to ask him.

-Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #200 on: March 09, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »
I guess if HT ever wanted to have "fun" he could just pull the plug 5 or 6 times in a day and piss off the entire community all at one time.  That would be gobbs of fun :aok
Jay12

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: March 09, 2008, 08:24:22 PM »
The pissing people off remark is out of context, and pretty much worthless in this discussion. One more attempt at getting people wound up, I guess.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2008, 08:45:19 PM »
Bronk,
everyone who is a subscribing member to the online arenas has the same equal right to post their own opinion or view, I'd rather not be used in this way, Sir. Although I kind of understand where you coming from ~SALUTE~
Rrgr that TC. ~S~
See Rule #4

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #203 on: March 09, 2008, 08:46:50 PM »
Pissing people off is the match used to get the fire of fun lit.. It's not about griefing.  Furballing in ONE spot on the map is not griefing the war winner generals, it's about having fun at the expense of... a non-existant attrition model.  
The only accusation of non-integrating with the rest of the arena population that could be had against furballers is that they sap away manpower from the war-winner crowd.  Oops.. It's more fun to furball than do some fake missions with no tactical combat more sophisticated than trash town, deack, vulch, drop troops.

Zzz
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline beddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #204 on: March 09, 2008, 09:55:31 PM »
quote: Mr. beddog ( ben here since 2000 ), if you have been around that long then you would know that was the original price charged and HTC had no problem of people flying the game.........or subscribing.

Sure they didn't. they just decided to make less money............

quote: so it was the 2 dozen krispy kreme donut & coffee stops each month while running your trucking company or them 7 dollar starbuck frapuccinos........

Never bother with either of those things but if they make you stupid then your probably stuffing your face with that crap as you type...

quote:you done showed your hand with the
At 30 bucks I'll bomb that cv quote

Actually I probably wouldn't ever do that but I was just trying to make a point.  Although if it would irritate
you it sure would be tempting...:)

quote: and only chickenchit lemming tickturds are to affraid to post their in game gameid's when they make a post........because they do not have the cahunas to stand up for what they say

I for one just haven't updated my signature since the bbs updated, that's all.

quote:as for Bodhi's original post,  people like Fortress ( and apparently just like you ) rather piss off 20 to 30 people ( including people on your own side ) by fouling up their fight then PM them and laugh about messing up their fight, is more important than having a tidbit 1/2 ounce of respect for your fellow community players.....well lil lemming, you set the tone as to how others treat you ........ and good luck with that

Like I already said.... I have never done anything like that in this game.  If you would stop chasin the tequila and read you would have already seen that comment. As for the way people treat me, I never had a problem with anyone till I mentioned that 30 bucks a month was a bad idea........

Did anyone from this guys country tell him not to hit the cv before he did it or did it happen so quick that yas didn't have time?

There.. I fixed the signature, that sure took cahunas :rofl

Poor kids a freeloader and don't even know it....http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,229203.0.html
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 10:02:49 PM by beddog »
:disclaimer: 79% of all my posts are Sarcastic.  It's too much work for me to point out which posts are sarcastic and which aren't, so I'm going to use this signature to reduce overhead and sarcastic post identification time consumption or SPITC for short.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #205 on: March 09, 2008, 10:07:36 PM »
Unreadable.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: March 09, 2008, 10:17:50 PM »
Pissing people off is the match used to get the fire of fun lit.. It's not about griefing.  Furballing in ONE spot on the map is not griefing the war winner generals, it's about having fun at the expense of... a non-existant attrition model.  
The only accusation of non-integrating with the rest of the arena population that could be had against furballers is that they sap away manpower from the war-winner crowd.  Oops.. It's more fun to furball than do some fake missions with no tactical combat more sophisticated than trash town, deack, vulch, drop troops.

Zzz

The only problem I see with this Moot, as that it's all in the eye of the Beholder. Bodhi literally was pissed off, you can tell by the way he started this thread. What one person calls "greifing", another person calls "Mission accomplished/Target destroyed." And that reflects' in the fact of the length of this thread. 14 pages, and no solution, or even an end to the fight, in sight.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #207 on: March 09, 2008, 10:20:38 PM »
Bodhi misinterpreted my post and that is cleared up.   

All I care about in this thread.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Corrs

• Silver Member
      • TAC Drivers
« Reply #208 on: March 09, 2008, 10:21:50 PM »
I guess if HT ever wanted to have "fun" he could just pull the plug 5 or 6 times in a day and piss off the entire community all at one time.  That would be gobbs of fun :aok

:O :rofl
HTC's idea of fun:
Opps I tripped on the surge protector...lets just plug this back in and let everyone log back on....we'll just tell em its a major outage on Level3's backbone....opps, oh no, I've done it again...500+ kills with the flick of a button on Titanic Tuesday, and thats without costing me a single perk point  :rock
Corrs
The Flying Circus
Head of The Flying Circus Numbnutz Clown Union since 2000
FSO 334th FS Corrs's Nose Art
WARNING: Keep smiley's out of reach of Corrs

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #209 on: March 09, 2008, 10:37:10 PM »
Ok heres another dumb idea........Lets have anywhere from 2-4 CV's in a task force.....now lets say when a  single  CV goes down it will respawn within the task force as long as one of the remaining CV's is still up. Only when all CV's are sunk before the first one can respawn does the task force start over.
<S>999000