Author Topic: Suicide bombers and why  (Read 10830 times)

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Re: Suicide bombers and why
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2008, 10:58:43 PM »
Ok heres another dumb idea........Lets have anywhere from 2-4 CV's in a task force.....now lets say when a  single  CV goes down it will respawn within the task force as long as one of the remaining CV's is still up. Only when all CV's are sunk before the first one can respawn does the task force start over.
<S>999000

Really...That's brilliantly simple. GJ 999 <S>

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2008, 11:14:53 PM »
Ok heres another dumb idea........Lets have anywhere from 2-4 CV's in a task force.....now lets say when a  single  CV goes down it will respawn within the task force as long as one of the remaining CV's is still up. Only when all CV's are sunk before the first one can respawn does the task force start over.
<S>999000

thats a damn good idea...
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Acidreign

• Zinc Member
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2008, 11:59:39 PM »
I think it boils down to a few different types of players in the game.

You have the furballer types who just want to furball, be it for score,  to make their epeens grow, whatever. Some have skills, most dont, hence furball "safety in numbers" mentality.

You have the capture the flag types that see the game as just that, which promotes a lot of shall we say "gaminess", it's all about taking bases, often times through the path of least resistance, no matter what that is, ie. sneaking bases where the enemy isnt, avoiding all fights, lancstukas, bomb and bail, you name it.

There are a few other types that are in the extreme minority( as far as i know), realists who like to fly long buff strat missions, etc, use the plane set  loosely termed "as intended", and arent into lancstuka's, pork and auger, etc.

Problem is, you throw all of these together in the stew pots known as the MA's, these different playstyles are all gonna clash, and there is no way around this, enuff said.  It often seems to tear the community apart, and it also has a tendancy to drive the vets away as one can only take so much of the constant bemoaning of the seperate types of players over country of each other before burnout and they leave to other games.

I think if i were hitech, i would create a furballer arena, non porkable/uncapturable bases, that tracks and scores on the ladder for fighters only. Let the first person shooter types who live for the ladder and accompaning bragging rights duke it out in there.

Ma arena's should be changed, there will be no/different fighter scoring, attack only maybe. Strat bombing should matter, base's should be hardened or different in such a way as to NOT promote the path of least resistance approach to base capturing. ENY needs to go away. Make airplane factory's for the former perked or " big" rides, amek em deep in enemy turf too. Wanna fly the big four? Better defend those factory's or your gonna find yourself driving junk. Maybe scoring should be changed in such a way to get rid of the "name in light epeen prodigys" out there that fly in the sole pursuit of how they place on the ladder at the end of every month. Make tactics and strategy more important perhaps, something to promote more of a team work kind of thing instead of what is generally seen now in the MA's. Maybe when you select a country for the tour, you have to stay as a bish/night/rook for that whole tour, you wont be allowed to switch maybe. Something to promote more of a teamwork kind of play, something to stop the players of different playstyles from bemoaning each other all the time in the game and on these boards. Obviously its an issue, look at the size of this thread, it seems to be important to a lot of people.

Way back in the day, long before even AW, there was a game called secret weapons of the luftwaffe "swotl" for short. For an old time offline game, it was pretty fun. Yah had strat targets to bomb pretty much like what really existed in WWII. Ballbearing factorys, fuel refinery, shipyards,  yadda yadda. Enemy fighter AI wasnt the best, but it was fun.  Maybe we need something for targets a bit different than currently exists in the MA's along these lines, that effect the arena in a different way than we have right now. I dunno.

These are just idea's off the top of my head. I do know this though. Game play in the MA's gets pretty stale, pretty fast for a lot of people, noobs and vets alike the way things are now, especially considering the split between the various playstyles and all the infighting between the various players among them.

I can only speak for myself to say, that as how things are currently, i dont see myself playing the game the way it is with most players at each others throats all the time. I play a game to relax, not get pissed off or get yelled at by another player by my choice of playstyle. I am sure i am not alone with this thought.

Something needs to change, eye candy and new plane/vehicle sets wont keep me here if the fundamental aspects of game play everyone else seems to complain about still exists.

Food for thought.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 12:18:22 AM by Acidreign »
GunzSS "Sheep Shagger's"

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2008, 12:35:01 AM »
Way back in the day, long before even AW, there was a game called secret weapons of the luftwaffe "swotl" for short.

Air Warrior started in '87, SWOTL was published in '91.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2008, 12:41:06 AM »
Dam AW is older than me

:noid
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Acidreign

• Zinc Member
« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2008, 12:43:51 AM »

Okay, i will rephrase for those of you that are kinda nit picky

"Way back in the day, long before even AW( for me), there was a game called secret weapons of the luftwaffe "swotl" for short. For an old time offline game, it was pretty fun."

There, now you will sleep tonight.
GunzSS "Sheep Shagger's"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2008, 01:23:42 AM »
<S>999000

I think that's actually a pretty good idea.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2008, 01:26:49 AM »
Multiple CV's have been done before in AvA and scenarios.  It would be an easy quick fix with little or zero coading required I think.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2008, 03:09:23 AM »
  Okay, i will rephrase for those of you that are kinda nit picky

"Way back in the day, long before even AW( for me), there was a game called secret weapons of the luftwaffe "swotl" for short. For an old time offline game, it was pretty fun."

There, now you will sleep tonight.

Be respectful... a fair amount of us idiots used to pay $6/hr to play online aircombat sims  on GEnie.

I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Corrs

• Silver Member
      • TAC Drivers
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2008, 08:36:11 AM »
Be respectful... a fair amount of us idiots used to pay $6/hr to play online aircombat sims  on GEnie.

yeah, its like a sickness or an addiction. I get the shakes, the sweats, and insomnia if I don't get my fix of online aircombat sim no matter the cost. Yes I am an addict going on 13 years.....the first step is admitting it....
Corrs
The Flying Circus
Head of The Flying Circus Numbnutz Clown Union since 2000
FSO 334th FS Corrs's Nose Art
WARNING: Keep smiley's out of reach of Corrs

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2008, 08:50:32 AM »
 :rofl too funny..... furball because of safety in numbers. Sounds like a bomber pilot to me. Can anyone say SA??
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2008, 09:54:53 AM »

I paid $13/hr because I had to call long distance to get to GEnie. $7/hr long distance and $6/hr for GEnie. I paid for one hour essentially what I pay for one month of AH.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2008, 10:17:45 AM »
Bombs and rockets should only be used to PROTECT furballing interests not destroy them. 

$.02

Have you lost your mind?

The furballers are compelled to protect their assets or loose them and all their "fun". They have a vested interest in defending something or some "stupid" toolshedder will come along and bomb them back to another base. If you want non stop arcade style furballing... go to the freakin' DA!!
 :huh :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :huh

X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2008, 10:23:57 AM »
The learning curve for furballing is steep, you can do it for years and never be good at it...

The learning curve for taking bases, bombing and hording is much easier...

Which one is the new guy going to do?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2008, 10:28:51 AM »
While you guys are here typing...Im stalking a CV to bomb   :t

(Kidding...been taking a 6 month break from the game! )

So...pray tell, what MAY a bomber pilot drop a bomb on that wont result in a 15 page whine on the BBS?  Trees?  :)