Author Topic: 3/12/08 Wednesday night  (Read 529 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
3/12/08 Wednesday night
« on: March 13, 2008, 06:46:05 AM »
Last night saw  little action but not enough to Satisfy JG54. at around 430PM EST the Allieds managed to Milkrun 70 with only 2 players on. i was the only defender so it was easy enough for them to take it.

Later on in the evening we were on in force but with the fact that we owned most of the real estate on the map and the fact that we already achieved our goals, it wasnt enough to keep us interested. JG54 went to the DA to practice and left a few defenders in the arena just to mop up the gaggle of opposition that might be there.

Hopefully next week will bring better things with all these so-called squads that are joining the arena and these new guys that are going to join in too. We'll be handing out wheel chairs to 1duke1 and company and Lollipops to all the Noobs. should be plenty to go around.

see ya tonight boys!!

Deutchland uber alles

This propaganda message brought to you courtesy of JG54

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: 3/12/08 Wednesday night
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 07:17:29 AM »
Later on in the evening we were on in force but with the fact that we owned most of the real estate on the map and the fact that we already "achieved our goals," it wasnt enough to keep us "interested." JG54 went to the DA to practice and "left a few defenders" in the arena just to "mop up" the gaggle of opposition that might be there.

Hmmm .... reports from an Allied recon flight of two which reported the mass migration while they were prepared for encounters seem accurate then. Good luck with winning the DA "because there was no sheds to steal" and you got "bored." Feel free to surrender the AvA on a regular basis. We'll take to recruiting other opponents, if need be.  Maybe there's players who feel like forming up some dedicated Japanese samauri squadrons who silently shoot swathes of Allied servicemen in their shiny, sophisiticated, sleek planes. (salute->) :salute :D

S is the trump.  :t

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 08:09:54 AM »
Hmmm .... ...Maybe there's players who feel like forming up some dedicated Japanese samauri squadrons who silently shoot swathes of Allied servicemen in their shiny, sophisiticated, sleek planes. (salute->) :salute :D

S is the trump.  :t
Was in one of those back before I split AH2 a few years back.  Great guys, fantastic sticks, and all around owned a lot of Allied in the FSO's and Scenarios with that Sentai!

Not a bad idea there Arlo.  Make a Nipponese squad to counter the Navy, so the LW can concentrate on early war Brit and USAAF stuff. 
 :rock :salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 09:09:34 AM »
Was in one of those back before I split AH2 a few years back.  Great guys, fantastic sticks, and all around owned a lot of Allied in the FSO's and Scenarios with that Sentai!

Not a bad idea there Arlo.  Make a Nipponese squad to counter the Navy, so the LW can concentrate on early war Brit and USAAF stuff. 
 :rock :salute

I did that years ago. Oboe and I left VF-27 to form the 27th Sentai because there was no Japanese pilots in CT. This was before the Ki-84 was introduced. Seeing how PTO setups are few and far between, and at the time we only had the Ki-61 to represent the IJAAF, it got old pretty fast. My biggest mistake was leaving VF-27, not until I hooked up with Bug and company did I find a comparable Allied Squad.

A Sentai, or IJN Kokutai might just float now though if there's enough guys interested.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 09:23:40 AM »
I was in the 13th Sentai but as shifty said until the Japanese planeset is further filled out as with a 1945 Ki84 it would be no fun for the Japanese players.  It would just be endlesss reams of limpwristed chest thumpy blue planers diving in from the akakosphere

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 09:43:08 AM »
I was in the 13th Sentai but as shifty said until the Japanese planeset is further filled out as with a 1945 Ki84 it would be no fun for the Japanese players.  It would just be endlesss reams of limpwristed chest thumpy blue planers diving in from the akakosphere
Who were the other Sentai's in game?  I always thought there were around 4 or 5 of them?
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 09:53:28 AM »
Who were the other Sentai's in game?  I always thought there were around 4 or 5 of them?

The only two I remember were the 13th, and 27th. But I never ventured out of the CT in those days, so I have no idea about the main arena.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 09:58:30 AM »
The only two I remember were the 13th, and 27th. But I never ventured out of the CT in those days, so I have no idea about the main arena.
Huh...  Wonder what game ID Justguess was in 13th Sentai?
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 10:13:12 AM »

Dunno, I was Lowe way back in those days.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 10:15:50 AM »
Dunno, I was Lowe way back in those days.
GTFO!  :O  I forget who I was back then  Haven or Osprey are the only other names I used.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 01:18:39 PM »
Storchita. :D