Author Topic: Run Pony Run  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Re: Run Pony Run
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 12:33:26 PM »
You know those monkeys in the zoo that climb trees to throw their feces at passerbys?

Well, smack talking on 200 is for those who are too lazy to climb a tree.

Call me an old man, but I think constant, insipid smack talk when playing a sport or a game has got to be absolutely the most annoying and disgusting habit that middle America has contracted from the "Gangsta" culture.

Simple solution though, don't tune your radio to "Retarded Lemur Theatre".

I've tuned to 200 to give congrats to a country for winning a rest, answer a question about my comptuter (iMac), and say "howdy" once in a blue moon to someone I've not seen in ages.

Other than that, I didn't tune to 200.  Too juvenile.

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 12:57:48 PM »
200 is detuned on my vox, i used to sit and read the constant childish babble on there every night. It is a distraction that i can afford to lose I dont miss it one bit.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 01:20:25 PM »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 01:40:33 PM »
1 & 3 are a must at all times.

Why not turn around and sucker that Spit-16 into a bad situation near the ground ie. running into a tree?

As far as i am concerned there are 2 types of pilots in this game:

1.Pilot A--pilot a will engage the enemy no matter how many of them there happenes to be in one area at any given time.Pilot a has no concerns about anything but a good fight nothing else.

2.Pilot B--Who is scared to engage.

it is only cartoon planes what do you have to lose...really?

why not sucker the spit into a situation where he's gonna hit a tree? because I'M the one who almost ALWAYS hits the tree first :rofl

i used to be pilot B.......now i'm pilot A...love furballs.........frig those boring fights/chases! :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »
Well then you gotta  kick em in the nads on the way in.

Thats why I HO em on about the 2nd run, it makes for lively 200 talk.

shamus

in the future, i think i'll refrain from reading these on my lunchbreak........i just had to clean some of it off of my monitor!!! :rofl :rofl
 i REALLY didn't expect a reply like that! thank you for the laugh sir! :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 02:23:23 PM »

As far as i am concerned there are 2 types of pilots in this game:

1.Pilot A--pilot a will engage the enemy no matter how many of them there happenes to be in one area at any given time.Pilot a has no concerns about anything but a good fight nothing else.

2.Pilot B--Who is scared to engage.

it is only cartoon planes what do you have to lose...really?

I disagree... Does it make ANY sense to wade into a loosing situation? I  love a good dogfight but dispise a mugging. If confronted with a 5 on one I will extend (i.e. run) hoping to get one or two away from the gaggle so that I can engage on more favorable terms (to me).
I think you oversimplify.

There is also a pilot C that is aware of the situation, knows the strengths of his (or her) aircraft, and will avoid becoming an easy kill to a mob. Better to extend, climb and re-engage when you have a better chance of  success that to press in on a "fatal" engagement. Even though we don't really die in the game, isn't it better to land your kills rather than see the pilot that just "killed" you land his (or hers)?
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 02:55:43 PM »
I disagree... Does it make ANY sense to wade into a loosing situation? I  love a good dogfight but dispise a mugging. If confronted with a 5 on one I will extend (i.e. run) hoping to get one or two away from the gaggle so that I can engage on more favorable terms (to me).

There is also a pilot C that is aware of the situation, knows the strengths of his (or her) aircraft, and will avoid becoming an easy kill to a mob. Better to extend, climb and re-engage when you have a better chance of  success that to press in on a "fatal" engagement. Even though we don't really die in the game, isn't it better to land your kills rather than see the pilot that just "killed" you land his (or hers)?

and then there's pilot D that bringsa the right aircraft for the job......furball, spit, zeke, hurri, or other good turners.....buff hunting, bnz, e fighting, wtc, pony, fw, jug, etc....... :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 03:55:08 PM »
SKYROCK STARTED IT   ;)   :rofl  :rofl

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 04:08:23 PM »

no you are pilot B.A losing situation?? check this out----it is all make believe.the whole thing is a not really happening situation so why act like a chicken over some make believe cartoon planes???

this game is not about landing kills or not landing kills, it's about foolin runners such as yourself who would rather engage when he outnumbers the enemy and fly right at you and 4 others just like you and shooting you all down.Now i can't do that if i am running away.The best part about fighting in a 5 on 1 is there is no one to steal my kills and only me to blame for no check 6.
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2008, 04:17:01 PM »
I like rogentx and have no problem with how he chooses to fly...i really have no problem with how anybody chooses to spend their time/money and relax.

that being said...why does it bother rogentx that when he chooses a style of flying that means he will not engage over half the planes he will encounter that he may be called out over ch 200???  

I like staying alive...but im alot closer to a furballer then i am to a bnz/buffhunter/picker...what that means for me is that I dont fly planes that i am unwilling to engage in...this is a game that is about fighting other virtual planes...if everyone flew in the manner rogentx is describing then fights would be few and everyone would be at 25k...the reason certain folks have success with b-n-z and "picking" is because the majority of the folks like the quick fight and the turn and burn action...dont be shocked that if you fly into these furballs and then "run" away before you ever actually engage that you will upset some of them.  honestly seems like common sense to me....

personally i enjoy the fact we have "vulch"/"pick" squads...nothing more fun then figuring out where they are and killing them...i think they add another dimension to the game besides base offense or base defense...the multiple dimensions of aces high is what makes the game "new" every night.
 :salute
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2008, 04:33:15 PM »

At this point in my AH fighter career I aint that worried about staying alive and could care less about stats. Many a time Ive turned back to an airplane I had no business doing so but I figured I aint learning nothing by running. If I get shot down? Who cares!

As a general rule however put me in the camp of those who think they should use an airplanes strengths. Thats why I have no real beef against pickers or runners. I pretty much keep it off 200 unless I blow after someone ruins a good 1 on 1 with an HO/ram.

The only reason I dont turn off 200 is because 99% of the time I dont even read whats on it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2008, 04:34:16 PM »
no you are pilot B.A losing situation?? check this out----it is all make believe.the whole thing is a not really happening situation so why act like a chicken over some make believe cartoon planes???

this game is not about landing kills or not landing kills, it's about foolin runners such as yourself who would rather engage when he outnumbers the enemy and fly right at you and 4 others just like you and shooting you all down.Now i can't do that if i am running away.The best part about fighting in a 5 on 1 is there is no one to steal my kills and only me to blame for no check 6.

said awesomely     

i say i want to fight red guys for my killz not green

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2008, 04:38:54 PM »
Skuzzy  :aok

Wrong answer.
The question was.................

Someone refresh my memory.
Who was it that said the game was all about pissing the other guy off?  :)

..not------> who tripped over the cord?  :rofl
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »
Very funny to see what some post in certain threads, and then watch what they do in the virtual skies. Many time the two don't match.  :rolleyes:

Offline 2fly

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2008, 04:57:46 PM »
You know those monkeys in the zoo that climb trees to throw their feces at passerbys?

Well, smack talking on 200 is for those who are too lazy to climb a tree.

Call me an old man, but I think constant, insipid smack talk when playing a sport or a game has got to be absolutely the most annoying and disgusting habit that middle America has contracted from the "Gangsta" culture.

Simple solution though, don't tune your radio to "Retarded Lemur Theatre".

HAHAHAHAA!  Too lazy to climb the tree...