Author Topic: Something intresting for you gun lovers out there  (Read 1338 times)

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
Re: Something intresting for you gun lovers out there
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 03:09:30 PM »
If I am going to spend that much money, I'm going to get something more practical, such as an EXCEL ARMS Accelerator Rifle in 17 HMR.   That gun really is not set up to handle any kind of optical sights, while the Acceleartor has a Weaver rail built right into the top of the gun, making mounting optics a snap.    Plus, the 17 HMR round really rocks, as it is so very accurate and flat shooting.

You can see in this photo how easy it is to mount sights:

And here is a view with a scope mounted:

And another view:

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »
bbbb..   I did not grow up with a Henry 22 lever.. or any 22 lever for that matter.. For 22's we used the pump and semi autos of the day.   we also had some good bolt guns that would outshoot any of the semi autos.. mostly tho.. in 22.. I used pistols  woodsmans and high standards.

I am not close minded on the subject.. I have no problem with black guns in any way.. I have no problem with submachine guns or real assault rifles..

It is not me that is close minded.. you need to look at the politicans and gun grabbers..  I really am tired of looking at some black gun on the news being held high by some politico or police chief as "proof" we need more gun laws.   I don't need some kid using that black 22 at a school shooting cause it make him look like some dark avenger better than a bolt or pump 22

I don't see it as a "win/win" at all.  I see it as more ammo for the finestiens and UN gun grabbers.

I could be wrong tho.. maybe the rubber pellet guys will want to go to a real "black gun"  I just hope they don't try to shoot it in the backyard or at the park.

Like I said..  buy one if you like..  I have no use for it.  It is one of the few guns I have no desire to even shoot much less suck $500 out of my bank account and take up valuable space in my safe.

Like I said.. I have shot real full auto 9mm mp5's..  I will again.. they were fun.   not as fun as some others but pretty fun.   

This is not new in any case.. they made 22 rimfire versions of the uzi a while back and even make a 22 rimfire fake m16.   

The "cool factor" most of you talk about it the "making anti gun guys freak out factor".. that is not a win win in my opinion.

Still.. I will, to the best of my ability, defend your right to own a 22 rimfire fake black gun in semi auto or even full auto if you could get one.

I wish everyone owned as many guns as they wanted and of any type.

lazs

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »
If you like a nice plinker, I will sell you my M1 Carbine. Nice and accurate...
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 05:04:25 PM »
I don't think you will ever see it in 9mm.

ROFL
Ya think not? No more MP5s?
That was sarcasm bud.  :rofl
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 09:42:10 PM »
ROFL
Ya think not? No more MP5s?
That was sarcasm bud.  :rofl

What I mean is, that company will never make it in 9mm. I am aware there are MP5s. They also come in .40 and 10mm versions too..Your attempt at sarcasm was poorly worded. Because "it" would be a "scaled down" MP5. Which means it is smaller than the actual MP5. I doubt anyone will make "it", a scaled down plinker, in 9mm..40 or 10mm versions. So yeah, no 9mm versions of "it".  :aok

On a side note, there was a company a while back called Special Weapons (several companies really, all spawned by the same guy with poor business practices) that tried to market MP5 clones. They pretty much marketed H&K clones in general. The problem was the owner of the company is a con man who literately lied and stole money from customers. He took money for gun orders and then the customer never got their gun. A few lawsuits were filed before he finally got his act together..sorta and started actually producing and delivering on his promises..again, sort of.

The weapons themselves were crap. I have fired the SWA5 which Mr. Bailey claims is better than H&Ks MP5. The weapon did not live up to the claim. It was total garbage. It was poor quality and it was a weapon he is marketing to police SWAT teams as better quality for less than a real MP5.

Todd Bailey and his wife have been banned from just about every firearm related forum out there. They have no friends in the industry and Mr. Bailey claims he is the victim of slander and lies about him and his companies and that his products are top notch. A lot of people disagree with that statement. Myself included.

Situations like this leave a bad taste in the mouths of shooters. I am glad someone is jumping back into the this market and is actually delivering on what they are advertising. Even if it is only a .22LR it is a step in that direction and I like the idea.

Laz, I agree with you, this whole thing could go up in smoke if some emo went rambo in a school or mall somewhere. However I feel this is a threat to just about any semi auto gun out there. There are more than enough bargain basement 9mm semi auto carbines out there that it is more likely they will go for those over some tricked out .22.

If you look at the history of public mass shootings in the US you see one thing come up again and again. The weapons in question are normally owned by the parents of the kid in question. So you end up with an array of guns being used. Which gives fire power to the Hilliary types..I mean anti gun types out there.

So I doubt this little plinker will end up being used to spray some mall with fire. At least I hope it never does. Nobody can predict the future and I am not about to lay negativity on a gun because it looks like something some emo might use to feel better about themselves though a school shooting or something like that.

To each is his own. I will most likely never buy one of these .22, unless I come across one in a gun store for a couple of hundred dollars less than it is listing for currently. So I can see why you wouldn't want to drop 500$ on a plinker. I wouldn't, but I did think it was neat and worth taking a look at.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 10:00:33 PM »
If you like a nice plinker, I will sell you my M1 Carbine. Nice and accurate...

How much?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 09:17:04 AM »
What I mean is, that company will never make it in 9mm. I am aware there are MP5s. They also come in .40 and 10mm versions too..Your attempt at sarcasm was poorly worded. Because "it" would be a "scaled down" MP5. Which means it is smaller than the actual MP5. I doubt anyone will make "it", a scaled down plinker, t.

Woot! Sarcasm police.  :rofl
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 09:19:36 AM »
Woot!

That says it all right there..

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 09:36:34 AM »
That says it all right there..
Not really. It left out Sarcasm police.
I think you might be confusing Woot with wOOt......................but I will overlook it.  :rofl

If you want one of the MP5 lookalike plinkers get it. I`m all for you.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 09:39:59 AM by Jackal1 »

Offline Jouster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 10:56:55 PM »
Hate to drag an on thread out of existence but I also hate to start a new topic when this has been mentioned.

GSG5, I bought one. the pk pistol version. being 2009 and it's on the ban list for the legislation that hasn't passed, I paid retail for it. There is no discount on this firearm now.

I gotta tell you though. It's well made. almost 6 lbs. empty. threaded barrel. nice gun. It's a plinker for me. I have real guns for OTHER purposes. don't' sweat that statement, I'm on several lists already and I don't care. I just wanted another .22 to have fun with. Besides, it's the one gun I would sell if TSHTF.

Truthfully I went looking at the Sig Arms Mosquito, but the Grip was too small for my hand. so was the Ruger, Browning, Beretta and Walther. (all .22lr) just looking for something cheap to shoot since I don't (yet) reload.

I gotta say it's a cool gun, and I'm 37. I should be past that. Naw. LOL.

Watching you get on my six with my dead cat like reflexes.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 04:03:56 AM »
threaded barrel

I was wonder if that an integrated suppressor on it?

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 11:07:26 PM »
nah it's just for looks and to extend the barrel to meet the minimum barrel length requirements for NFA (national firearms act) purposes.  Otherwise it would be a short barreled rifle and be subject to all sorts of taxes and legal hoops to jump through to own one.  NFA regulates both short barreled rifles and suppressors = big taxes and paperwork and pain in the ass.

Nobody has even mentioned the training value of some of these new .22's coming out.  Not a lot of us can afford to shoot 100's of rounds every weekend to practice with our preferred rifles, but a .22 conversion means that for 20 bucks you can shoot all day doing all kinds of stuff that would be cost prohibitive with a centerfire round.  Pretty sweet, and with today's ammo prices a lot of these weapons and conversions will pay for themselves in 1 or 2 thousand rounds.

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 11:29:46 PM »

Now if I could get ahold of a p90 full auto, I would be happy :)  BUT unfortunately it's illegal. :( 

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 08:06:15 AM »
When it comes to hitting someone in the brain pan .22 longs are the best ammo you can get for your buck.

Com'on a brick of 50 shots is way cheap vs. the larger cal weapons.

The fps are great, the range of the projectile is great, the ONLY thing i dislike is the light round can get knocked off course by a small breeze, but the cost and ammo clip of more .22 riles make it easy to sling multiple rounds down range with ease.

We also had hollow point rounds, scatter rounds (had a blue clear tip, with multiple shot inside for rattle snake huntin') and my favy, the steal core rounds, punching a hole into a cars engine block (deep deep dent) is a fairly nice thing to see from a .22 round fire at 50 yards or so.

I say again, people have been known to be plugged with multiple .22 rounds and live to tell about it, its not a killer round..but dang it you'll know when you are hit by one, and most of those are .22 shorts.( BOOOO )

And i guess thats the point, what other kinda gun can you shoot someone 8 times feel GREAT about it and not have a death sentence on your hands for murder.

1 .45 = life in prison/death row
8 .22 = Big fine, small jail time (i guess as small as one can get for attempted murder) and a smile on your face for a very long time.(If you can still smile after years of anal rape).

Shucks.

P.S. In my tiny little ego tystical mind the single shot .22 rifles are some of the best small light simple weapons made, the others that carry 12-25-50 round mag's are mostly all semi automatic, great for some trigger pulling time, but they chew through ammo, and even a lil' kick can put your aim off in the end,when firing them all day long.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:13:57 AM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 12:45:21 PM »
How old do you have to be to get a gun permit? I am turing 18 in July. One of my dads friends owns a orignal M1 Carbine that i really really like, and he mentioned to me last time we went shooting that he is going to put it on sale soon.
OEF 11-12