Author Topic: Slave Reparations  (Read 4420 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
LEDPIG
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2008, 09:06:01 PM »
You implied it was wrong to say that mexicans drive lowriders, etc.  It's a fact that those sorts of archetypes did in fact originate from and probably could only have come from their respective cultures.  It's a fact that only black culture yields black dimwits of the sort that grew up in black culture, just as it's a fact that only white french culture could yield a white french dimwit such as one that grew up in white french culture.  It's not factual that every single white french corresponds to such a stereotype, but it is a fact that it's a significant pattern in said culture.  This because many people never outgrow their native culture and its traditions, etc.

One of the reasons I don't ever like this discussions is that people rush to conclusions and get all outraged rather than argue things out.  They cry that they're offended rather than point out the unreasonableness of someone's arguments.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: Slave Reparations
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2008, 09:08:07 PM »
We are talking about a guy that stated on these boards that he would never hire a black guy. He said that he would smile and act nice in the interview, then toss the resume in the trash after. I don't know how you could say that, then claim that that you don't care what color a person is.

Then he says he's not afraid of "them" and that he's "their worst nightmare" If he is not afraid, then I am sure he will come and post here again and explain why he won't hire blacks.

I think people like him have a lot of issues.

Nuke i for one don't really care what Lasz thinks. It is interesting to listen as it is interesting to go through the thoughts of a serial killer or politician. I don't mute him because i enjoy listening to his opinion, i enjoy being exposed to ideas that seem to be left field of mine to me. Sometimes i might learn something.

I do sometimes wonder how he never gets the stick from Skuzzy... i've seen some things, that look far worse than what i've seen other people do. Myself including, when i'm merely responding to his insurrection.

I don't however enjoy having words put in my mouth, people telling me what i mean and then going out and saying i think in said way.....  I don't...... So i fire back, i speak back.

I'm merely defending myself.

S.A.P.P. member (armed and lubricated)

Providing bait for other SAPP pilots since 2005

Formerly Leadpig...Proud to be one of the PNG'd...
Skuzzyfied!

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Re: NUKE
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »
Maybe he doesn't expect to see a black guy who's outgrown those bad habits show up at his desk.
Ok, do you mean that all black men have some kind of bad habits they need to grow out of?  If so thats a pretty racist statement to be making.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2008, 09:13:39 PM »
Nuke i for one don't really care what Lasz thinks. It is interesting to listen as it is interesting to go through the thoughts of a serial killer or politician. I don't mute him because i enjoy listening to his opinion, i enjoy being exposed to ideas that seem to be left field of mine to me. Sometimes i might learn something.

I do sometimes wonder how he never gets the stick from Skuzzy... i've seen some things, that look far worse than what i've seen other people do. Myself including, when i'm merely responding to his insurrection.

I don't however enjoy having words put in my mouth, people telling me what i mean and then going out and saying i think in said way.....  I don't...... So i fire back, i speak back.

I'm merely defending myself.

Yeah, Lazs does seem to get away with a bunch of stuff. Now after reading what Moot just said, I believe we have two racists here.

Hey Moot, if you were introduced to a Mexican, would it be appropriate to assume that they had a lowrider?
If a black guy came for a job, would you find it hard to believe that he didn't do drugs?
If you met someone from Guatemala, would you ask them what kind of leaf-blower they like to do their job? Would that be okay?

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2008, 09:18:37 PM »
So black guys have bad habits and do drugs? I can't believe what I am reading.

Ledpig, these are the kind of people that are calling you a racist.
Are you saying that black people don't ever match that sort of lifestyle?  Did I say that was the only lifestyle black people led?  I do say that people let their morphology affect their reasoning, and I do say it's fallacious.  I do think reason has zero anchors in race.
I do think you're jumping to conclusions NUKE. And that you're neglecting how much experience I have with many sides of racial conflicts.

The drug addict analogy was random. I had started typing out the following but stopped because it was tedious and pathetic:
Another analogy is my father.  He's worked for decades now, like a bull.  Day in, day out, he's gone all over the world and been held up, marooned in foreign places sometimes barely speaking the local language.. Anyway, he's gone from being born in a stone brick house in the middle of Venezuelan country side to being a pillar in a world leading microanalysis company.. yadda yadd.  
My little brother is the opposite.  He's irresponsible and burns cash like thermite does toilet paper.  My father's gotten so sick and tired (litteraly) of it, that he's got zero tolerance, even an allergy to that sort of Paris Hilton-esque excentricity.  It doesn't matter that my little brother likes fun too much for his own good.. The analogy here is that he now refuses to deal with anyone (as much as possible) who has the telltale symptoms of that affliction (sorry my english is getting rusty).
It's a fact that behavior such as my little brother's is no defendable.  It's a fact that my father is justifiably intolerant of it, and it's understandable that he might go overboard with it because of how fed up with it he's gotten.  False positives are a small price to pay, for him, to not ever have to deal with that sort of person again.

How's that?

And another thing that ought to be cleared up.. Racist can have at least two implied meanings.  One stands for anything pertaining to race, the other is the "unequal" meaning.  I'm not sure (can't remember anymore) if Ledpig is the former, but as far as I can tell he's not the latter.

NUKE,
those are loaded questions.. Read what I typed above.  And calling me racist.. That's pretty funny :)  I'm so un-racist, you probably are more racist than I am.  You haven't lived and grown up in as many cultures as I have... Don't even try and make this that sort of weenie-swinging contest.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 09:23:59 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: LEDPIG
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2008, 09:18:57 PM »
You implied it was wrong to say that mexicans drive lowriders, etc.  It's a fact that those sorts of archetypes did in fact originate from and probably could only have come from their respective cultures.  It's a fact that only black culture yields black dimwits of the sort that grew up in black culture, just as it's a fact that only white french culture could yield a white french dimwit such as one that grew up in white french culture.  It's not factual that every single white french corresponds to such a stereotype, but it is a fact that it's a significant pattern in said culture.  This because many people never outgrow their native culture and its traditions, etc.

One of the reasons I don't ever like this discussions is that people rush to conclusions and get all outraged rather than argue things out.  They cry that they're offended rather than point out the unreasonableness of someone's arguments.

I choose to make the assumption after i meet the person. Not make the assumption before i meet the person.

What assumption do you have about me being black? Before i even said anything. All those generalizations that you brought up, that generally go with a certain culture. Do you think of them first before you would meet me or after you would?

Sure Hispanics drive lowriders, blacks do to. I've seen some suburban white teenage girls lowriding too. I don't think of all that before i meet Carlos though. I just say hey Carlos you drive a lowrider?.... cool. Carlos friend to me, might drive up in a pickup jacked up 8 feet off the ground, i don't know, and i leave it at that.
S.A.P.P. member (armed and lubricated)

Providing bait for other SAPP pilots since 2005

Formerly Leadpig...Proud to be one of the PNG'd...
Skuzzyfied!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2008, 09:25:12 PM »
Ok, do you mean that all black men have some kind of bad habits they need to grow out of?  If so thats a pretty racist statement to be making.
See my 09:06:01 PM  post.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2008, 09:27:17 PM »
This thread is becoming useful again. We get to know what people really believe. It's good to know.

I know that whenever I meet a Chinese person, I usually ask them how their laundry business is going.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2008, 09:27:33 PM »
Making an assumption about someone based solely on what color or race they are is just ignorance.  If your going to think a certain way about someone do it because of something they've done, or you know they've done.  Every race has people who do drugs, drive low riders, or are stupid, so if your not gonna associate with someone, make sure it's because of them, not just based on what race they are.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2008, 09:42:53 PM »
I choose to make the assumption after i meet the person. Not make the assumption before i meet the person.
Ok...  An assumption is the sort of thing you make when lacking enough evidence. It's like a guess. You might guess something about someone even after having met them, but in general you'd be guessing more before you met them, than after.

What assumption do you have about me being black?
I don't have any.  Not about you specificaly.  I do know that black people behave black, white white, etc.  Are you going to deny that people of the world have cultures?  Hello??  BET?  Baguettes and croissant?  Kisses on the cheeks in Paris as opposed to handshakes or those semi-bend-over hugs in the US?   Are you denying that cultures are distinct?
Before i even said anything. All those generalizations that you brought up, that generally go with a certain culture. Do you think of them first before you would meet me or after you would?
I dunno, do you think that cultures never ever reflect on the constituants of said cultures?

Sure Hispanics drive lowriders, blacks do to. I've seen some suburban white teenage girls lowriding too. I don't think of all that before i meet Carlos though. I just say hey Carlos you drive a lowrider?.... cool. Carlos friend to me, might drive up in a pickup jacked up 8 feet off the ground, i don't know, and i leave it at that.
Strawman.  You're saying that because some very vulgar stereotypes only happen in a small proportion of the population, that lesser degrees of those memes don't happen in the rest of the population.  You're saying that if you took a black person in the US, and magicaly gave him or her a white person's body, that no one would notice.
If I do have an accusation, it's against people in the US, for having let the black/white divide and the growth of anti-black/white cultures on both sides.  It's like watching a farm, it really is.  The way blacks and whites treat each other is just eye popping.

As for Lazs, well, as bold and brash as he is, the points he makes are defendable.  Two things:  One, you should remember that you're in the US, where you're supposed to have exemplary appreciation for defending others' rights to differ with you.  Two, it doesn't matter if he's being rude or if he tests your sensibilities, if he flaunts public conventions.. The point he makes is true.  
I don't know about NEVER hiring blacks - please read the analogy I made above before you "stuff words in my mouth", but I do know that the whole victimizing act is taken to unbelieveable extremes in the US, on both sides of the black/white divide.  The way I've read Lazs up to today, is that he just does away with that overgrown superfluous bloated mannerism, and with good reason: it's absolutely useless.

The only way out of that entrenchment is to just MOVE ON. To just GIVE UP the freakin outdated racial theories and just take people for exactly what they are.  If that means someone who's stuck on stupid, then that's what he should get called for.  But saying that there's no such thing as a black person that's dimwitted.. Please... I grew up in France and it was almost the exact same thing.  It was OK to call french people born in pure white bread families and upbringing as being (rednecks), but it was taboo to call people who were brought up on the African equivalent (well, we can't say any such word, and I don't even mean the N word)...
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline UncleKurt

• Silver Member
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2008, 09:43:55 PM »
Gosh, I thought slavery ended with the emancimation proclamation? What a bunch of racist crap here!
I Like pizza!
I Hate red airplanes!
Leave my sheep alone!
What an axle!<br/Do Not Impose to Bully Around Me!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2008, 09:44:23 PM »
This thread is becoming useful again. We get to know what people really believe. It's good to know.

I know that whenever I meet a Chinese person, I usually ask them how their laundry business is going.
It just seems to me that you can't pass up an opportunity to call someone racist, regardless of whether they really are.  You don't care to dig up the truth, only to have a hint of what lays beneath.  That way you can make minimal efforts for maximum returns; maximum error in this case.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2008, 09:47:41 PM »
Making an assumption about someone based solely on what color or race they are is just ignorance.  If your going to think a certain way about someone do it because of something they've done, or you know they've done.  Every race has people who do drugs, drive low riders, or are stupid, so if your not gonna associate with someone, make sure it's because of them, not just based on what race they are.
You didn't read what I typed out did you... That's more or less what I was saying, only I didn't cheap out and just say "Hey I agree". 

In fact, the only reason I took the time to type so much is that I think it's a real calamity that the same white/black cultural misunderstanding that's led the USA to where it is now, is happening all over again right here between Lazs and pretty much anyone who doesn't have the balls to stand apart from the crowd.

This is like the time (I forget who, some black dude.  Oops, sorry, "african american") said the word niggardly to the press... It didn't matter that he was saying something sensible, only that it SOUNDED racist.  Everyone got to scratch their hunt the witch itch.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 09:49:35 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2008, 09:50:15 PM »
It just seems to me that you can't pass up an opportunity to call someone racist, regardless of whether they really are. 

I don't have a history of posts which call people racists. However, I think that someone who states that they would never hire a black guy is a racist.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2008, 09:53:34 PM »
You didn't read what I typed out did you... That's more or less what I was saying, only I didn't cheap out and just say "Hey I agree".
I wasn't saying what I posted was aimed at you, I was just posting my thoughts on the subject the conversation was in.