Author Topic: The C-Hog and perked ord  (Read 515 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
The C-Hog and perked ord
« on: March 19, 2008, 03:10:51 PM »
The F4U-1C was left un-updated last time because the 20mm were simply going to be included in the F4U-1D.

So now the -1C is updated. I'm wondering why?

Is there a problem with the perked ord system, delaying that? Or is it an interrim bug-fix on the existing -1C until such time as the perked ord system is up and running?

Or something else entirely?

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: The C-Hog and perked ord
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »
Are you sure it's not the same F4U1D model with cannons?  There's not much modeling work to do that, just swap on the cannons.  It'd be not the 1C that was updated, but the 1D that was subbed for the 1C until the perk ord system shows up.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 03:23:18 PM »
That's what I assume they did Moot.

I'm just wondering why they decided not to wait for the perked ord system. They told us they were going to remove the 1C from the game and just add a perked ord option on the 1D for 4x20mm cannon.

Just curious as to why.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 03:24:42 PM »
Because it takes a few minutes to model those cannons and add them to the 1D model.  The cost/benefit is 5min/a new model for the 1C.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 03:41:42 PM »
I suspect the question Krusty wants answered is what's up with the perk ord system. The C-Hog change is just a convenient talking point to bring it up.

I'm interested as well whether or not it was back-burnered, never was a high priority, or still in the works. (I'll be less interested when I can get out of work and actually check out the changes though!)
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 03:45:19 PM »
No, I was curious as the the change in what HTC announced vs what they did. I could only think of 2 reasons why. One was a problem with perked ord. One was fixing bugs/exploits in the old Chog model NOW while still working on the perked ord for later.

Offline MotleyCH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 04:08:43 PM »
Maybe because we  have the option to skin them separately. If it was -1d with a -1c loadout it would have the wrong skin..

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 04:24:26 PM »
Its for your eye candy people.
While they might still remove it in the future, they might as well make it "purdy" like all the rest in the meantime.

People asked sevral times why the 1c didnt get a face life when the rest did.
So they threw us a bone.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."